Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hurt in Kentucky
Shy 
[/color]Hello everyone. I am new here to all of this and I have a question. On May 7 2007 I was hurt at work. I was diagnosed with a torn ACL. It went on and on and a couple of weeks later I was diagnosed with RSD. I have had many Lumbar sympathetic Blocks with no results at all. I have obtained a copy of my IME from a very qualified doctor of 34 years. And he agrees with everything that my previous doctor has diagnosed me with. There is some things I don't understand. One of these is it staes that prognoisis for recovery is poor. Do they think I will not get better at all? And it also states that you should anticipate permanency on this claim. What does that mean? I have been out of work since July 5, of 07 with this. And it seems to get worse and worse. Can someone please help me with these questions? My case manager stated that normally were it has been over a year and the IME doctor has agreed with the diagnosis that they usually try to settle is this correct as well? Do you think I should get an attorney? Thanks so very much!!

Hello hurt mommy,
I'm only a year into this mess also, but from what ive seen heard and been through I can say I would not been able to do any of this without my lawyer. RSD is not curable it can only go into remision. W/C will not like the thought of possible life long expences due to rsd and will try to find a way out. The medical alone will add up I would not close out that part. A lawyer would also be able to help you find out whats fair or not. Stress can cause rsd flares i'd recomend finding a lawyer you feel confortable with and let them handle the stressful part then you can focuss on just your health Smile

sillyme Wrote:Hello hurt mommy,
I'm only a year into this mess also, but from what ive seen heard and been through I can say I would not been able to do any of this without my lawyer. RSD is not curable it can only go into remision. W/C will not like the thought of possible life long expences due to rsd and will try to find a way out. The medical alone will add up I would not close out that part. A lawyer would also be able to help you find out whats fair or not. Stress can cause rsd flares i'd recomend finding a lawyer you feel confortable with and let them handle the stressful part then you can focuss on just your health Smile
Thank you so very much. I just don't know what to do. I am worried if they find out I have a lawyer they will cut off my benefits. Than things will get worse for us ( money wise ) than it already is.

Thats a verry normal fear. If you are already recieving w/c bennifits and ime dr agrees with yours w/c could request another opinion wether you have a lawyer or not to try to shoot diognoses down. And by chance they dont and go forward with doing a rateing on you for future amounts/ or settlement my feer is how will you know whats fair or not? A lawyer can battle that and possibly hire someone to do whats called a life plan, this is an estimate of future costs for medical, and special needs that might be needed for someone with a life long illness like rsd. Like talked about before in several posts an adjuster and case manager will act as though they have your best interest at heart but work for w/c not you, they are there to make sure w/c pays as little as possable. Haveing a lawyer cant be held against you. They have many people working to protect thier interests, you should have someone to look out for yours that knows thier games and your rights........... If you can go to msn groups then choose rsd group- then message boards-- scroll down to workers com posts--in there is a reply with a link to life care plans neede for rsd an w/c along with some other helpfull links.

sillyme Wrote:Thats a verry normal fear. If you are already recieving w/c bennifits and ime dr agrees with yours w/c could request another opinion wether you have a lawyer or not to try to shoot diognoses down. And by chance they dont and go forward with doing a rateing on you for future amounts/ or settlement my feer is how will you know whats fair or not? A lawyer can battle that and possibly hire someone to do whats called a life plan, this is an estimate of future costs for medical, and special needs that might be needed for someone with a life long illness like rsd. Like talked about before in several posts an adjuster and case manager will act as though they have your best interest at heart but work for w/c not you, they are there to make sure w/c pays as little as possable. Haveing a lawyer cant be held against you. They have many people working to protect thier interests, you should have someone to look out for yours that knows thier games and your rights........... If you can go to msn groups then choose rsd group- then message boards-- scroll down to workers com posts--in there is a reply with a link to life care plans neede for rsd an w/c along with some other helpfull links.
How do I get to the msn groups? I am new to all of this.

try http://groups.msn.com/RSDHelplinesupport...sages.msnw

That will allow you to get to msn groups

sillyme Wrote:That will allow you to get to msn groups

hurt mommy Wrote:
sillyme Wrote:That will allow you to get to msn groups
You have been a blessing I want you to know this. I went to the site and chose support groups and there was nothing there for RSD. I also looked on the left hand side that listed all the options there was nothing for RSD. Could you please help me further? I am so sorry I am bothering you. But thank you so very much for your time.

not a bother at all , Im not so hot at this web thing eather.
If you want i can e-mail the page to you.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Kentucky Worker Comp Settlement Question josh1985 36 13,820 03-12-2019, 12:34 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Kentucky legislation to reduce benefits 1171 1 1,102 04-03-2018, 03:11 PM
  Crippled in Kentucky not4you25 14 8,437 09-11-2013, 05:17 PM
Last Post: not4you25
Toungue Injured in Kentucky calicocats 2 3,024 01-21-2009, 07:53 PM
  Kentucky w/c ? also OSHA standards cougarsden 3 3,466 11-12-2008, 08:19 AM
Last Post: Lilly
  Are W/C benefits taxable in kentucky/Indiana? cougarsden 2 9,291 11-04-2008, 10:31 PM
Last Post: cougarsden
  question/indiana/kentucky wc processes cougarsden 13 12,187 10-09-2008, 04:32 PM
Last Post: kate
  Kentucky medicare setaside pending shady 10 9,594 06-08-2008, 12:46 AM
Last Post: lfoster21