Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3rd party civil case question.
just recently i have closed a case with workers comp, the case after is a 3rd party civil case, well after a few months of waiting for it to get someone close to be waiting, i finally received news from my lawyer of how much money i should be expecting from the insurance company, the amount was great until i heard everything that was being deducted from it, and i pretty much ended up with almost nothing, i just have one question, how much of a percentage does workers comp collect? i mean i almost feel like my lawyer is trying to scam me. thats not a great feeling =/.

anyways any feedback is very much appreciated.
thank you.

I don't want to sound ignorant or anything, so I pulled up an older Thread / Post you had;

http://www.workerscompensation.com/cgi-b...rker_Forum

In such, you stated you were informed by the Attorney you would be paying funds back. But not only that, the Attorney Fee's are higher in the 3rd party suit, then in most WC Claims.

I do think that we had to try and pre-warn you of the 3rd party issue before also. That you would be paying WC back all or a precentage of their money back.

But either way you look at it, you Attorney didn't Scam you, your Attorney done what is required by your State Laws and Rules.

(i just recently got off the phone with the lawyer that is currently on my 2nd case, she mentioned that on this case i have to pay alot of my workers comp expenses and my medical bills, sure i knew that already, but she pretty much gave me no hope of receiving any type of money in this case, supposedly i was told by my last lawyer that this case was gonna bring alot more money than my workers comp, my current lawyer however made it sound like i was going to receive almost close to nothing.)

In general the first Attorney told you correct also, and you fired them also.

Sorry, but many 3rd Party Suits end up just like your's.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

my brother got zilch from his third party suit after all expencences,lawyer fees ect there was about 100 dollars left......that doesnt count he owed more on his car than it was worth so he lost 1800 dollars on that so his cost him money.....
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Bad Boy Bad Boy Wrote:I don't want to sound ignorant or anything, so I pulled up an older Thread / Post you had;

http://www.workerscompensation.com/cgi-b...rker_Forum

In such, you stated you were informed by the Attorney you would be paying funds back. But not only that, the Attorney Fee's are higher in the 3rd party suit, then in most WC Claims.

I do think that we had to try and pre-warn you of the 3rd party issue before also. That you would be paying WC back all or a precentage of their money back.

But either way you look at it, you Attorney didn't Scam you, your Attorney done what is required by your State Laws and Rules.

(i just recently got off the phone with the lawyer that is currently on my 2nd case, she mentioned that on this case i have to pay alot of my workers comp expenses and my medical bills, sure i knew that already, but she pretty much gave me no hope of receiving any type of money in this case, supposedly i was told by my last lawyer that this case was gonna bring alot more money than my workers comp, my current lawyer however made it sound like i was going to receive almost close to nothing.)

In general the first Attorney told you correct also, and you fired them also.

Sorry, but many 3rd Party Suits end up just like your's.

i ended up not firing any of my lawyers, i was close but never did, i was just scared that my lawyer might be trying to get more money for themselves, but if you say most lawyers charge alot more in these cases then i should take that into consideration, theyre getting 30% of what i get, theyre trying to make it to we all get around 30% in the end. i guess i was just a little dissapointed with the amount, im running into some bad financial problems and i guess i kinda counted on that money for some relief, mistake on my part i guess.

thank you for your input =] most appreciated.
if anyone else has anything else as well id love to hear.

Just learning here.........Is it the norm in all 3rd party cases to pay WC back?

CAP

yes for medical I have no experience about the rest
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

I will be paying WC every dime back, TTD, PPD, Med. expenses, everything.
The good news is,"You can get used to anything."
The bad news is,"You can get used to anything."
:-)
Sithie

Ok, 3rd Party Suits has been talked about many times. In the past, the end results are the State you live in. And some States say a percentage. I heard once a person said their State didn't force repayment back to WC, and were allowed to keep the money.

My opinion of third party suits is meaningless, for if I knew I would be walking away with very little, then why bother with it at all, and just let the WC, and the 3rd Party hash it out. My Opinion though. How many times in the past can I say, don't count on alot from a third party suit? I always try to help people prepair for that. Sometimes they listen and sometimes they don't. The whole issue boils down to, you were working at the time, you had a Work Comp Case / Injury, and you never get Rich from a Work Comp Settlement, no matter if you had 15 Law Suits going.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Drug Testing and Civil Rights Shadow 19 7,013 07-02-2017, 04:02 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Potential Third Party Lawsuit (New York WC Claimants- please read) ChimarenTaylor 9 12,801 09-08-2014, 09:32 AM
Last Post: ChimarenTaylor
  Employer aware of civil suit ammowoman 3 3,091 08-16-2012, 10:33 PM
Last Post: lizdawiz82
  NY Civil Service Law 71 Leave of Absence Bayan1905 7 12,959 06-05-2012, 11:05 PM
Last Post: Bayan1905
  How do third party lawsuits weezle735 3 5,136 02-11-2012, 08:48 PM
Last Post: workingmansjustice.org
  IME not immune from civil liability for falsifying medical report 1171 2 8,157 06-19-2010, 01:08 AM
Last Post: chrischris
  3rd party lawsuit in CA.. sontaysyw 5 6,384 11-02-2009, 06:31 PM
Last Post: sontaysyw
  third party election form???? soccerplayermom3 7 7,509 10-27-2009, 11:40 AM
Last Post: 1171
  workman comp & 3rd party lawsuit in florida arrowheadfred 2 4,870 10-19-2009, 02:16 AM
Last Post: arrowheadfred
  SUE MY EMPLOYER THIRD PARTY amberemmil19 7 6,727 02-25-2009, 09:21 AM
Last Post: jayne