Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
confused - conversation with adjuster
hello..im in arizona...im close to closing out my case. had my left leg amputated in feb from car accident. also suffered head injury with nocturnal seizures up until july of 2007 (accident in march 2006). i am medicated for the seizures but again, havent had any since last july. i know that my leg would be a scheduled award, however the addition of the head injury could cause the entire injury to become unscheduled, meaning i might not get anything. i am working and make almost as much as i did previous to the accident.

my workers comp has done everything i ever asked over the entire time. many surguries on my leg, therapy, mri's, etc etc. even a hand held computer. now, my adjuster is saying "off the record" that she wants to try to get the head injury removed from the final report, as it would probably prevent me from receiving an award at all. if it was just the leg, then i would get the scheduled amount for an amputated leg.

my question...could she be just doing the right thing? that is honestly what i am thinking because i cannot think of any reason why she would be pushing for this. it makes no sense otherwise. if she wanted to have it unscheduled then she would have just let it go and not pushed for it. am i missing something??

Go by your experience; not some one elses on another case at another time and in a different situation.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

hi blove,
I would think this would be an attorney question. If you don't have one....just call around to a few to ask this very question, to see what they say. It may help you decide what is best for you.
Good Luck, LillySmile
Injured worker, & tired of it all! I'm too old for games!!

A careless word may kindle strife, a cruel word may wreck a life, a timely word may level stress, and a loving word may heal and bless!

First off I would NEVER talk to the adjuster to ask for any advice. They are being paid by the IC and of course would be trying to save the company money.

You should not get to close to talking with this adjuster about your case. There is nothing wrong with being nice and having good communication with them, but to ask them anything about award money etc. is just wrong in my eyes. They would not be giving you the 100% true answer you are looking for.
carpal tunnel recurrence/ neuropathy / RSD.
1/29/07 injury date. Permanent. PIR settlement 8/4/08 10%

sparkey Wrote:First off I would NEVER talk to the adjuster to ask for any advice. They are being paid by the IC and of course would be trying to save the company money.

You should not get to close to talking with this adjuster about your case. There is nothing wrong with being nice and having good communication with them, but to ask them anything about award money etc. is just wrong in my eyes. They would not be giving you the 100% true answer you are looking for.

i understand that totally...ive read alot here Smile but since ive already talked to her, and she told me what i was thinking already, and that was the path that would help me the most, i was just trying to find out if i was missing something specifically, that i was not aware of Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Adjuster requested IME Innovation79 12 3,563 02-06-2019, 11:41 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Adjuster doesn't communicate with me. Tiberius 2 2,674 11-21-2016, 04:05 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  my adjuster changed my mpn ka107 2 2,363 07-18-2016, 03:04 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Need help in adjuster hell! lilrose 3 3,906 03-29-2016, 12:39 AM
Last Post: 1171
  Dealing with WC Adjuster and Lawyer/ GA corawilke 2 3,721 09-10-2014, 10:52 PM
Last Post: Scooter123
  workers comp adjuster marcoleman 12 17,773 11-02-2012, 08:29 PM
Last Post: marcoleman
  Adjuster says claim is closed AxedmyAtty 4 6,602 03-05-2012, 10:20 PM
Last Post: AxedmyAtty
  Is it ok to call claims adjuster itzadrianyo 12 22,579 02-21-2012, 01:53 AM
Last Post: Football71
  Adjuster claims to NOT KNOW I have an Attorney. inquiringMIND 5 7,549 12-10-2011, 05:20 PM
Last Post: inquiringMIND
  laminectomy- cancellation by adjuster highdesertguy 10 10,476 06-26-2010, 11:55 PM
Last Post: Footster