Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Settled
Good morning all....Just wanted to drop a note to let all know that I signed my settlement papers this morning and retired. What a relief to be done with this. DOI was May 2006.

Be well.
CAP

Congratulations Cap.!!! I am Very Happy for You, and I Hope Your Husbands Health is Staying Good!! Now Maybe You can try and get a Normal Rhythm Back into Your Life, and Enjoy Life as You and Your Husband not Only Deserve, but You are Entitled to!! Have a Great Day, and give Your Husband My Best!!Smile

Way to go lady,,,,,, Welcome to the world of retirement......... Now just save some for Florida, Looking forward to meeting you and hubby there, for some well deserved R&R...........You both can use it.. Stay Strong.

Thats Great!! Sure does feel good huh!Even better when you the check is in your hand and you know for sure its behind you!

Congratulations Cap! I know that is a big relief for you and now maybe you can live with a little peace of mind. Praying for you and your husband. Take care.

Congratulations Cap.

Are you or your husband on SSI or SSD? With his medical it would likely be fairly easy for him to qualify.

Thanks soonermom and Bummer. Bummer my husband is on SSD and we have an apppt. tomorrow to have him put on Keystone 65 which is a great supplement. I haven't applied for SSD yet but have just mailed everything to my pension holder to collect disability through them. That makes me eligible for my employer's health insuranc at their rate and $100 discount. I don't know if this is my best plan so will continue to search. I am going to give it 6 months to apply for SSD at my attorney's request. It has something to do with Medicare taking part of my settlement as a set-aside. My injuries are permanent and need no medication or treatment so the lack of medical in that area doesn't worry me. If there is ever a different dx in one of the injured body parts my persoanl insurance will pay for treatment.

CAP

Way to go Cap, maybe all the pieces will start to fall in place for you now. Getting one headachce off your mind at a time. This is very good News.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Cappy,

Congratulations, I'm very happy for you. I know that I felt a lot of stress lift off of my shoulders when I settled, even though I did'nt retire, I was required to resign. I hope that you enjoy being retired and that your hubby continues to get better.

Keep with us on the forum, it stills helps me deal with my injuries, even though I no longer deal with the W/C nightmare. I feel that if I can help just one person feel better or more informed, that I'm repaying everyone on here that helps me so much.
I stongly believe that we all are a forum family, strength in numbers.

Love
Vickie

Big Grin 
CONGRATULATIONS Cap...Welcome to the Settlement Club!Big Grin
Babebahn..."Tongues don't have erasers"
Injured 1999 3 level anterior cervical fusion 2001
Settled Work Comp Case 2006 w/ Lifetime Medical Currently, C7-T1 is being watched will possibly need surgery front/back fusion from C3-T2, lower back needs another facet injection.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  17 years and still not settled tombstonekid 13 11,427 03-04-2016, 05:44 PM
Last Post: RootsGal
  settled!! inpainokla 18 15,221 06-26-2010, 11:21 PM
Last Post: inpainokla
  Case Settled rebel_1961 17 16,175 05-15-2010, 10:23 PM
Last Post: rebel_1961
  ITs Done, all settled!! annoyedtodeath 32 16,105 12-28-2007, 03:45 PM
Last Post: katicabogar
  No Hearing Settled all done now!! borninabarn 17 9,845 12-01-2007, 04:29 PM
Last Post: halftrak