Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Have To Go Back To Court But I have A Question
I

dar666 Wrote: I I recieaved

a letter again from comp its been like my 6 time in 2 years. It always says need up date medical i understand that because my doctor all ways right indefinetely instead of 100 % So i will get the prove that i am 100%. But after it says need up to date medical .

IT SAYS QUESTION OF VOLUNTARY REMOVAL FROM LABOR MARKET
is it because i was approved for SSD, I dont know if some one does please let

dar666, Your Thread is Very Hard to Understand, it Seems like it got Jumbled up some Way. Could You Please re-write Your Questions and Concerns?Wink

Still in Limbo Wrote:dar666, Your Thread is Very Hard to Understand, it Seems like it got Jumbled up some Way. Could You Please re-write Your Questions and Concerns?Wink

Sorry about that, I have RSD from Thoracic out Let Sydrome. I just was a approved for SSD 2 months ago. I recieved a form from W/C stated i had a court date for nov 4. It said bring your most up to date medical if not your pay will be suspened or revoked. I have gone to court several times because my doctors report dont say a degree he rights out of work indefintele. No big deal i will get from my doctor a degree 100%. What i dont understand is what this means.

Question Of Voluntary Removal From Labor Market !!!!!! WHAT THE HECK DOES THAT MEAN, I HAVE A ATTORNEY BUT I DONT WANT TO WAIT TILL MONDAY.

If a worker "voluntarily" retires from his/her job, that worker's right to compensation benefits may terminate if the worker is not also considered to be “totally disabled.” The insurance carrier may argue that the partially disabled worker who retires voluntarily has removed him/herself from the labor market and is no longer entitled to weekly benefit payments. In such a situation, the Workers' Compensation insurance carrier may be judicially released from liability for Wage Replacement or Reduced Earnings payments (but not medical benefits) perhaps until the worker goes back to work, if ever. In fact, the worker who has been found to have voluntarily removed him/herself from the labor market may never be able to regain eligibility for weekly benefits, depending on the facts of the claim.
7 Yr survivor of the NY State workers compensation system

oblivyous Wrote:If a worker "voluntarily" retires from his/her job, that worker's right to compensation benefits may terminate if the worker is not also considered to be “totally disabled.” The insurance carrier may argue that the partially disabled worker who retires voluntarily has removed him/herself from the labor market and is no longer entitled to weekly benefit payments. In such a situation, the Workers' Compensation insurance carrier may be judicially released from liability for Wage Replacement or Reduced Earnings payments (but not medical benefits) perhaps until the worker goes back to work, if ever. In fact, the worker who has been found to have voluntarily removed him/herself from the labor market may never be able to regain eligibility for weekly benefits, depending on the facts of the claim.

I have never voluntarily gave my job up thats why i had two surgerys i have always been 100 disable with 4 doctors one of them wrote a letter to comp telling them he told me to file for ssd. Were would they get that from.

Im not possitive about your situation, but I do know that even though you are 100% disabled, once SS states that you are getting disability...you can no longer get W/C. Or rather, you can not get both types of disability pay. That is the situation that I am in now. However, in my case, once I got the letter from SS, saying that I was approved with them, I was told that I could not get any money from SS, until W/C stopped paying me. I don't know if this has anything to do with your situation...but it seems coincidental that you heard this from W/C, just after you got approved from SS. I think that by accepting SS...that could look like you have retired, since normally people collect it, when they retire and if your Drs. are saying you are 100% disabled, that would seem to mean that they would expect you to be like this through your retirement years. Are you near a retirement age?

Any way, it was just a thought I had. I hope you get things figured out.

Im 44 years old, i have been threw hell and back with doctors cutting me open and making things worse I have RSD i dont know if you know what that is. Why would my doctor saying apply for ssd if he new i was collect comp. When ssd approved me they told me the reason why im not getting much because of comp and i cant go over 80% of what i was making. I do think you are right why havent they send me to ime doctor again for the 6 times its been 2years and 6 months sense i been at work. Why should comp get out so easy.

lfoster, I Receive SSDI and TTD Payments from w/c, and have for the Last 3 Years. My W/c Rate did not Match My 80% Rate SSDI Pays, so I Receive the Difference. So Receiving Both is something that can be Done. Now if the Person goes for SS Benefits alone, and not SSDI, they are Retiring, and thus Removing themselves from the Work Force Voluntarily. I think the Main Key here is SS Benefits vs. SSDI Benefits. dar666 are You going for Retirement (SS) or Disability (SSDI)? I think that is the Main Point Here.Wink

Yes...I also recieve both SSD and WC benefits at the same time. I am in Michigan. My SSd pay rate is lesser because it is offset, since I'm also recieving WC pay weekly.
Good Luck, Lilly
Injured worker, & tired of it all! I'm too old for games!!

A careless word may kindle strife, a cruel word may wreck a life, a timely word may level stress, and a loving word may heal and bless!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  settlment oked but back in court back to back 3 1,792 10-07-2016, 01:35 PM
Last Post: 1171
  court hearing..question highdesertguy 1 3,097 10-07-2010, 05:31 PM
  bad back question jimmyny 0 1,683 08-25-2010, 09:17 PM
Last Post: jimmyny
  3 level back fussion question highdesertguy 12 12,062 08-17-2010, 09:54 AM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy
  question on how long it takes for an answer back? blake 11 5,547 05-29-2009, 05:42 PM
Last Post: UndercovrAngel
  court question sillyme 5 2,443 06-14-2008, 10:32 AM
  Question about back injury ksgirl 7 3,862 07-13-2007, 03:17 PM
Last Post: ksgirl
  question on back stuff Sithie 3 2,674 06-12-2007, 10:21 AM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy