Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
oxycodone (side effects)
Question 
I have been on oxycodone for almost a year. Though I have been weening off, any one have withdrawls just wondering.

bronco54501 Wrote:I have been on oxycodone for almost a year. Though I have been weening off, any one have withdrawls just wondering.

I WAS ON 5-500 FOR OVER A YEAR DR JUST TOOK ME OFF OCT 3
I FELT LIKE I WANTED TO DIE-- ACHE ALL OVER- SICK TO MY STOMACH - BAD HEADACHE- SHAKING AND HOT FLASHES
THIS WENT ON FOR A WEEK THEN I STARTED TO FEEL A LITTLE BETTER STILL SHAKING A LOT AND BAD HEADACHE DR SAYS TO TAKE ADVIL STARTING THERAPY SOON NECK SURGERY HAS FUSED.
"Laughter is the tonic, the relief, the surcease for pain"

Queenbee were they time released or fast acting? Did he ween you down on the dose first?

As with any narcotic you with get withdrawls and pretty bad ones at that. I did not take my ativan, clonazepam, and lorazepam for one whole week. I thought I was going to die. Could not leave the house as I had no energy. Felt like it was the end of the world. I just did not fill my meds in NH that week when I was home as I went out riding with hubby on the bike and forgot.

It will take awhile for you to get over the withdrawls. A good week at least. I am so afraid from all that I have heard about withdrawls from medications and have been on oxycodone for 2 yrs now. If you go onto Drugs.com there is a section there that talks about withdrawls from narcotics that people write and how and what you should take to get over it from people that have been through it.
carpal tunnel recurrence/ neuropathy / RSD.
1/29/07 injury date. Permanent. PIR settlement 8/4/08 10%

Thanks Sparkey, I did check out the site.

Did it give you any help on how to deal with withdrawls??? I think it is great all the stories you read and how helpful that site is for people haveing difficulties with getting off medication, or starting them. I use to always go to that site all the time till I found this one. Glad to see you checked it out.
carpal tunnel recurrence/ neuropathy / RSD.
1/29/07 injury date. Permanent. PIR settlement 8/4/08 10%

I have been on hydrocodone for over a year and if I don't take one at-least every 12 - 16 hours (whether my neck is hurting or not) I start having the withdrawals that are just as bad or worse than my injury. I can't wait to get these problems in my neck fixed so I can get off of these horrible yet needful pills. I am planning on trying a treatment of a drug called Suboxne treatment, from everything I have read that is the way to go, it's usually a six month program through a pain management doctor, other than that the withdrawals are pure hell so I know exactly what you are referring to so I wish you good luck with it. also ultram or tramadol (both the same) will also help with the withdrawals but if you must go cold turkey plan on staying in the house and near the toilet for about a week for the physical part then the mental part will last for up to a month or longer just kinda depends on the person. I always tell everyone I know if you don't absolutely have to have them then PLEASE stay away. I wish I had known this before I got addicted to them because I hate it so very much, I don't know whats controlling my life more right now the fact that I am injured and have no income and can't work or those damn pills. Good Luck to Ya.

GOINGCRAZY Wrote:I have been on hydrocodone for over a year and if I don't take one at-least every 12 - 16 hours (whether my neck is hurting or not) I start having the withdrawals that are just as bad or worse than my injury. I can't wait to get these problems in my neck fixed so I can get off of these horrible yet needful pills. I am planning on trying a treatment of a drug called Suboxne treatment, from everything I have read that is the way to go, it's usually a six month program through a pain management doctor, other than that the withdrawals are pure hell so I know exactly what you are referring to so I wish you good luck with it. also ultram or tramadol (both the same) will also help with the withdrawals but if you must go cold turkey plan on staying in the house and near the toilet for about a week for the physical part then the mental part will last for up to a month or longer just kinda depends on the person. I always tell everyone I know if you don't absolutely have to have them then PLEASE stay away. I wish I had known this before I got addicted to them because I hate it so very much, I don't know whats controlling my life more right now the fact that I am injured and have no income and can't work or those damn pills. Good Luck to Ya.

GOINGCRAZY,
This post was back from 2008, but either way Thanks.
But as before I was slowly weened of by dosage, then on the smallest dose I then Just kept adding 2 hours and then 1 per day then every day, then none at all. That was the way I did it and when I went without it I had mild withdrawls and lasted about 4 days.... About 4 months ago the dr put me back on them at 5mg but wasnt strong enough and now I'm on 20mg er and I can take the 5mg or a vicodin when my pain flairs. I myself have complained to my dr about the oxxy, I cant stand the feeling from them, now vicodin I have no side effects when I take them... It is my goal and my dr to get me off the oxxy and am now set up to get a scs implant and if all goes well no more oxxy or at least a smaller dose....

I've been on Oxy for I think a little over 3 years now and my wife has been for over 4 years. If you forget to take it you notice it. I'm only on 20 but she is on 60

Oxy is the meds the surgeon put me on after the replacement.

I remember having conversations with myself while on this meds.
I was only on the meds for a few days and took myself off of it once I left the hospital.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Drug interactions and side effects chrischris 0 2,310 05-20-2012, 07:30 PM
Last Post: chrischris
  Lyrica benefits vs. side effects? sonny1 4 7,816 03-08-2011, 05:29 PM
Last Post: sonny1
  medicare set a side question? Jaycojade 4 5,430 11-02-2010, 07:11 PM
Last Post: jayne
  medical set-a-side (in louisiana) huey42 6 6,003 03-23-2010, 11:10 PM
Last Post: huey42
  set a side Hoosier_Daddy 8 6,020 02-10-2010, 03:39 PM
Last Post: freebird
  Settlement back to the dark side freebird 8 6,683 12-18-2009, 01:45 PM
Last Post: Still in Limbo
  Oxycodone question Manley2 31 10,733 09-28-2009, 07:50 PM
Last Post: capricorn
  diminished blood flow on injury side Lilly 6 6,112 09-17-2008, 10:16 PM
Last Post: RNvic
  Judge takes whos side???Normally borninabarn 4 5,236 11-20-2007, 01:17 PM
Last Post: Timothy Belt
  Still in Limbo..med side effects and interactions Wink 15 6,870 07-02-2007, 04:21 AM
Last Post: Still in Limbo