Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Social Security, something odd
Do you remember my friend the injured correctional officer?

He took me to physical therapy this summer after my surgery, and took care of my children while I attended doctor appointments and therapy.

My friend received a head injury as the result of a beating by inmates while doing his work duties 4 years ago.

He deals with his disability well, and spends the days babysitting his grandchildren, and helping others.

My friend has received Social Security for almost 4 years. Last week he received a phone call from the local office, (the number showed on the caller ID)

A worker for the local office in coming to his home Monday to talk to him about a new program Social Security Administration offers.

I find this very odd as Monday is a federal holiday.

Any guesses on what is going on?

Bummer Knees

Sounds Very Fishy to Me Bummer!! This May be a Detective for SS Checking Up on Him/Her, Someone May have Called and Complained that He/She was doing a lot of Things, and they Feel that He/She shouldn't be on SS. I had this Happen to a Fellow I know here in Town, Someone Called the SS Office because He felt Very Good One Day, and Cut his Small Yard of Grass, a Total of 15 Minutes of Work! I can't See them Coming on a National Holiday for any Other Reason! Tell Him/Her to be Careful, and even though the Caller I.D. showed the SS Office, You know how People can Change things electronically these Days!! Someone Should also be there with Your Friend, for Safety and also as a Witness! Please let Us know what Happens, and I Hope I'm 100% Wrong!!Wink

Never heard of Social Security performing any house calls. Unless the person is house bound and can't move to get out, then maybe, just maybe a case worker was asigned. But, when such person does come, I would be sitting outside, not inside, with doors locked, and key in the pocket. I would have a friend or relative sitting next door to me, or just around the property where they could hear and view this, plus maybe a camera in hand. Then I would ask to see their badge, and with cell phone in hand start making a call to the local Police to help out, proving it's not fraud.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

I find this very interesting as well as disturbing.

The latest new program that SSA has/had, that I know about is the ticket to work program. SSA can not just come up with a new program on it's own.

If it is not someone from the SSA (which is what I think) I want to know how and what they know about me.
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system. 

Well when I applied for SSDI, and I was called on the phone, the man said to me, that he found out I had a hard time walking up the stairs. Well I asked home he knew, then he said, he wasn't suppose to tell me, but I was being watched by them. Goes to show you, that you just never know who is watching.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

I visited with my friend today, and the more I visited with him the more I think this is about the ticket to work program.

The worker on the phone said the visit is about new programs SSA has to offer.

I gave my friend a audio tape recorder so that he can tape the visit, I also am thinking about going over to his home tomorrow to be present for the visit.

BK, that is what I think it is. And if it is, I find it very disturbing. The information pertaining to ones SSDI claim is not public information, That means someone is giving out the info. I for one have a problem with someone giving out my name, address, phone number, SS.# ect. ect.
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system. 

From my understanding the ticket to work program is run by Voc Rehab, a state program.

If this person does not work for SSA or Voc Rehab, then whom do they work for?

My friend is a retired correctional officer, and he will request ID and documentation from this person to have them prove they are whom they say they are.

When your gut feeling says something is up then most likley it is ..

Back to work sounds about right ... For if he can babysit kids that might be ...

Someone in my gut called it in

If I was him, I would of said I was not going to be home that day and to ask if I could meet at an office somewhere. I do not like anyone coming to my house for any meetings of any sort. I just do not feel comfortable with that.

That is just how I feel about this whole thing. You can never trust anyone. Just like when the NCM always tries to go to your home and meet. I just would not allow it.
carpal tunnel recurrence/ neuropathy / RSD.
1/29/07 injury date. Permanent. PIR settlement 8/4/08 10%

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Social Security and Social Media California_Help 4 5,159 07-11-2020, 07:36 AM
Last Post: Lewis-H
  Social Security disability on verge of insolvency Wink 5 5,613 08-24-2011, 08:07 PM
Last Post: jayne
  Social Security at risk! Bummer Knees 24 11,885 07-18-2011, 10:44 PM
Last Post: jayne
  Social Security Administration Revals Happening More Bummer Knees 14 17,116 04-14-2011, 12:39 PM
Last Post: Cervical_Fusion
  Social Security 1099 Cervical_Fusion 10 13,387 01-22-2011, 10:52 AM
Last Post: Cervical_Fusion
  Doc exam for social security Steveo190 3 4,401 09-04-2010, 09:35 PM
Last Post: Manley2
  Social Security Disability Bad Boy Bad Boy 18 16,329 09-04-2010, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy
  Social Security Cookiecrum 13 8,269 12-17-2009, 04:12 PM
Last Post: Cookiecrum
  Social Security...Question Spring 19 12,019 08-14-2007, 05:42 PM
Last Post: red1030