Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
need some advice
had my last hearing at the end of August. agreed to a settlement. Was told all that was left to do is type up the settlement. Never heard anymore about it. Called my attorney several times about it. Every time my attorney said was that he is playing phone tag with comp attorney. I'm beginning to believe that comp is trying to hold on to there money. Is there anything else I can do if my attorney said he can't get a hold of comp attorney. I'm sick of comp taking for ever for everything. Can I call the Illinois industrial myself. Any help would be great. just wondering if I can fial a complaint. I'm in Illinois/ thanks for reading smoke

well smoke that is not a suprise.there just butt heads.some one will be along soon from ur state that can tell you.good luck hurt.
Each day is not a rite,it's a given.

That's what the work comp court is for.
When a judge makes an appt for both parties to be there there will be adverse consequences for those that "no show".
If you are represented your atty has to deal with the commission and court.
you can switch attys at any time.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

I would say " of course you can file a complaint". You can report them to the insurance board and let them know what is happening and you can also contact the state WC board and let them know also.

It does take time to type up the paperwork, but I do not see it taking any longer than 30 days. When I went to court and did not have any legal help ( pro-se ) and that is one of the reasons why I did not have a lawyer, is because it has to go through them first, and then you get your money. People like to drag their feet and I waited almost 45 days before I decided to call the adjuster and he said " sorry I forgot to mail it". He sent it right out by fedex that same day and I got it the following day.

Remember, someone is collecting interest on that money, and the longer they hang onto it, the more they make. They could care less how long you do. Are you sure your lawyer does not have the payment yet? It usually goes through them first and then they send you the check. Keep bugging them and contact those people I mentioned above. I am sure you will get something done then!!! Good luck.

PS. Why does your lawyer have to play with the comp. attorney? If they make a decision with the hearing officer or whomever makes the decision of your award, the IC should directly send your lawyer a payment I would think. Like I said, I did not have legal council so I am just thinking , and someone else would come along with a better understanding.
carpal tunnel recurrence/ neuropathy / RSD.
1/29/07 injury date. Permanent. PIR settlement 8/4/08 10%

You agreed to a settlement? Who is drawing up the settlement papers? The IC? I am also from Illinois and have gone through a settlement. The WC IC drew up my papers, sent to my attorney and then I signed the papers at my attorneys office. The IC had already signed the papers. They were then submitted to an Arbutrator for final approval. I received my check at my attorneys office 8 weeks later. The WC IC waited untill the last day before (hand delivered) my check. It was all stall, stall, stall on there part. It is a shame they are allowed to do these things but they stay within the law, just waiting untill the last minute. Good luck.

thanks to everyone's replies. I thought it was a little strange that it is taking so long. I put a call in to my attorney every week about this issue. I will ask on Friday about filing a complaint. I will see what my attorney has to say about that. Thanks again. smoke