Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Work Called
I didn't know whether to place this under the debate discussion where they are now talking about insurance, or to start a new topic. As you see, new topic won out.

I got the dreaded call from work this afternoon. They can no longer keep me on an extended leave of absences, therefore they are letting me go on an administrative discharge. This means that if and when I am able to go back to work, I will be considered for rehire.. if they are even hiring.

But it also means that at the end of the month, I will no longer have health insurance to cover my RSD and meds that I need on a monthly basis. Luckily, I have my series of lumbar sympathetic blocks scheduled for the next three coming Mondays with a visit scheduled with my PM Dr after the second block. I will have to use the next 26 days to wean myself off of all meds that I am on.. unless I able to find some kind of cheap insurance and prescription insurance that will cover me for my RSD that the pain management clinic will accept before the end of the month.

Talk about depressing news. If it weren't for the fact that I have so much to do between now and next Saturday, I would just crawl into bed, pull the covers up over my head and forget about the world outside of the windows and doors of this house.

Angel ^j^

I've always been crazy, but it keeps me from going insane.
Happiness comes through doors you didn't even know you left open

I feel for you Angel!
I just got my benefits cut off and I havent been really treated.Many Many bills piling up and we are very worried!What a screwed up mess this WC Is!Take Care,Born

Angel, sorry to hear this news. Get everything refilled if you can. It will give you a little longer to come off the medications
May God send his angels to hold you in his arms

sorry too hear this angel i finally got some meds of coarse i had to pay for them out of my pocket,outch.i hope you can find someone to insure you i have not at this point.best of luck angle prayers going out for you.hurt
Each day is not a rite,it's a given.

So why is it that WC is not responsible for your bills, meds etc? I think this is very upsetting to me everyday when I hear how the WC IC can care less about an individual that gets injured. God forbid if it ever is any of them that get hurt and have to suffer with pain everyday.

Is there any medication that you are on that is on the list of medications at walmart that are $4.00? Maybe when you go to the doctor in the next few weeks, see if they have samples from the sales rep that you could have because of your situation. I can surely understand your pain and I know EXACTLY what you mean about going to bed, pulling the covers over your head etc. I did that for about a week in the beginning of my injury. I shut my shades and laid in bed and did not want to get out because the pain was so bad.

I know that someday the IC or the PM doctor will shut me off from treatments as they already shut off my medications being paid for. Isn't it wonderful what they do to hard workers when we are injured working? I wish you the best, and hope you get the help you need.

PS. How is the blocks working for you? I Have had one and have to have 4 more scheduled. The doctor I see in two weeks and then I go for my second block. The first one I did not notice a difference.
carpal tunnel recurrence/ neuropathy / RSD.
1/29/07 injury date. Permanent. PIR settlement 8/4/08 10%

Angel I feel your pain my company terminated me in Mar and I went on cobra but the premiums were 360.00 a month i was able to keep it for 2 months but realized real quick on 1 income could not continue. I had to have my dr wean me off my medication for depression as I could not afford it hell, can barely afford to eat. Still fighting w/c on my neck and lawyer filed for a hearing on going back to Dr who did my surgeries on my hands as I am having the same problems I had before surgery but as you all know nothing in w/c is fast. I know its hard but hang in there . My thoughts and prayers are with you.

UA

I remember in the past another injured worker lost their job, and health insurance.
I posted information about a program the drug companys participate in prroviding free medications to the uninsured.

Your physican should have the forms needed for this program. From my understanding a seperate form must be completed for each medication.

There is an online web site for this program but I can't remember the name of the program to do a search.

I do remember Bad Boy saying his mother used the program. Monday I will stop by our resource center and get a pamplet about the program and post the information.

Also, check your local United Way helpline web site. You can do a search on their web site for healthcare information & requirements of funded & nonfunded agencies.

My friend, the injured nurse lost her job last month and medical insurance.
Today I took her to the local human resource office so she could apply for benefits.
This is something you might do.

Good luck & I will post more information Monday.

Angel,
I was going to ask you if you were offered Cobra. That's what I'm using currently. I wanted to also mention that if you have AAA that they will give you a card for discount prescriptions. I used mine for several that my ins. did'nt cover and it ended up paying more than the yearly AAA membership. I wish you the best. Keep us posted.
Love
Vickie

I know it stinks, but using your time now, and swiftly can get you those medications.

1. Search, Free medication Programs, the full list of programs comes right up.

2. Here is a good web link;

http://www.freemedicinefoundation.com/
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

ANgel...Bummer and Badboy have you covered. All I can add is my prayers and I will. Please keep us updated.

CAP

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bummer Knees called me bodybuilder1958 3 3,579 02-16-2011, 05:05 PM
Last Post: jayne
  Lawyer called, he admitted he made a mistake bodybuilder1958 2 2,957 08-05-2010, 12:23 PM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy
  Red Called Tuffy 10 6,748 04-08-2010, 11:48 AM
Last Post: Still in Limbo
  Doctor's office called......... Bummer Knees 29 11,920 05-14-2008, 09:47 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  Dr. finally called capricorn 19 6,864 03-03-2008, 02:39 PM
Last Post: monster
  Employer Called Deb 41 14,121 06-17-2007, 08:43 AM
Last Post: Still in Limbo