Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yes, Victory is sweet.....
Aqa:
Failed Back Syndrome, nerve damage left side. Left leg has tingling, burning, stabbing Px, and as a bonus, gives out without warning!
DH had posterior spinal decompresion, Bi-Lateral laminectomy L3-S1, Excision of L4-5 on L/side. 2/07

Thank you. Just to let you know, my injury is to the lower back and the leg. When my SCS was done. I had a choice, either the lower back or the leg. I chose the leg. Some days I wish I had chosen the back. With that being said, imporovements have been made in reference to the SCS. Hopefully he will not have to make the choice. I just thought I would let you know so you have a little more info going into this.

Take Care
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system. 

Thanks, AQA!
I believe if he has to choose, it will be the leg. ANS just came out with a new SCS and from the desc. it sounds like it may cover multiple areas....
At this point, even if it's either/or, it's some relief!
DH had posterior spinal decompresion, Bi-Lateral laminectomy L3-S1, Excision of L4-5 on L/side. 2/07

I completly agree. Hopefully C_F will return from his R and R at the beach. I am curious as to what his condition is and if his covers multiple areas. Medical sceince is always improving. I wish yours the best.
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system. 

Guys I am back from the beach from a week of r and r I now have had my SCS post op for 3 weeks. Back and hip seem to have healed well. I will see the Pain Mgnt. Dr next week about returning to work.
The weather at the beach last week was beautiful. Every day in the 80's. The ride there was a little rough on the back. But thaks to this board I took a pillow for behind my back. Each day the body was feeling better. Walked the beach everyday, I think that was the best therapy. Today my pain has gotten much less, with the stimulator. If I had to do it again I think I would. The SCS has helped me a lot. To answer a question for someone here, the model I have they can set different programs as to what area I can fill the stimulation. I have one for my legs, I have one set for the lumbar area. and I have one just for my back. I can run them as separate programs or I can adjust them to all run at one time. I hope that helps. I can set them as high up as into the bottom of the rib cage and all down into my feet. I am very happpy with the results from the SCS. Like everyone said we are all different, and things react differently. But I am so glad I made the decision to get the SCS after fighting for 4 years. Mine is a Medtronic unit and was told it had only been on the market for 6 months now. DH's better half has he had a trial SCS implanat yet. That will have to be the first step. and WC still tried to say no even after my trial period, but we won and yes victory does feel good. If he gets one and can go to the beach or some warm climate for sometime to heal I would recomend that. As being out in the sun and haveing it on your incesion was very relaxing to me. Like I had said earlier getting out and walking has to be the best therapy after having the surgrey. Beat of luck guys with your SCS.
Cervical Fusion 2003, c5-c6. Herniated and damaged Disc L1- L4-L5 S1. Lumbar Spinal Cord stimulator implant 09-2008. Cervical ACDF revision with hardware c4-c5-c6-c7 Sept 2009.
SSDI approved 3-2010. NOW OFFICIALY RETIRED

Update:
Saw Px Mgmt Doc yesterday. DH had pre-surgical blood work and EKG this morning. PxDoc says trial is usually set up within a week of the tests, so we hope to have a date for late next week or early the following week. PxDoc did not ask him to choose between leg v back pain, so it sounds like they will try to place leads to cover both areas. We are hopeful and optimistic. Will keep you posted.

DH'S better half. Tell him good luck with the trail Stimulator. I hope it works for him and he gets some relief with it. I return to Pain Mgnt Dr. tomorrow and will know when I can return to work. My final Implant will be 4 weeks ago this Friday.
Cervical Fusion 2003, c5-c6. Herniated and damaged Disc L1- L4-L5 S1. Lumbar Spinal Cord stimulator implant 09-2008. Cervical ACDF revision with hardware c4-c5-c6-c7 Sept 2009.
SSDI approved 3-2010. NOW OFFICIALY RETIRED