Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
partial hand prosthesis
I am new to this forum searching out advice, Here is my story in short, I have a partial left hand amputation, with full use of my left thumb, the accident took my fingers at a slant, from the base of my index finger to the bottom outer of my left palm. I have had several passive devices that are very helpful, but after some web searching, found a web site "touchbionics.com" They currently have on the market I-LIMB HAND" for upper amputations, they will be putting on the market "Prodigits electronic fingers" The cost of these devices are a lot. My question is how much will WC cover, currently WC has paid for all of my devices.

I am sorry to hear of your condition. The question you are asking is one of Medical Necessity. The question is, What does your treating DR. say???? If your treating DR. Says "NO" then it is over with. If your treating DR. says yes and request it, Then it is up to the IC. They may approve or request a second oppinion. The way I see it, is to start with your treating DR.

Take Care.
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system. 

probably depends on the carrier and the states work comp rules. every state is different. You'd have to have strong medical recommendation as to necessity.
many such treatments cannot be experimental and need to link to work function and level of functional restoration.
In some cases with medical appliances the carrier put in the money for the basic component and the patient put in the "extra" $$ for the upgrades they wanted. There is no set answer and negotiation is possible.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Thanks for all of the advice, When you mean Doc. do you mean my Primary care physician. or my Prosthetic care provider. As far as I know I was done with my Doc that did the surgery back about 10 years ago, If it is up to my Prosthetic care provider, then I can go to them and ask for more detail

it may require a physician but again it depends on your state's comp laws.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Colorado, Hand Injury, Disfigurement Sueinthemountains 2 2,124 02-03-2017, 01:28 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Partial Permanent Disability W/CPTclaim 1 4,659 01-01-2017, 10:30 AM
  NC - "Partial Clincher" for indemnity, open medical HeyNowNC 3 3,426 08-02-2016, 12:00 PM
  NC - perm partial disability - multiple MDs to rate the part for different Dx HeyNowNC 3 4,227 07-31-2016, 01:02 PM
  Ohio Permanent Partial Disability Increase W/CPTclaim 4 6,841 03-20-2016, 03:37 PM
Last Post: W/CPTclaim
  Help translating permanent partial disability rating into $settlement mashkey 1 8,793 07-30-2015, 02:00 AM
  how to ask for a partial advancement needing advice 1 2,776 07-14-2015, 01:11 AM
  Partial Lump Sum for Debt Questions Mongrel_Money 5 5,586 05-02-2015, 08:47 PM
  partial amputation of pinky finger G_Smith 2 6,056 02-15-2015, 01:02 PM
  Don't want hand surgery coyfish727@gmail.com 2 3,768 04-07-2014, 01:32 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees