Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ouch, recovering from surgery
i had surgery friday on my right ankle. i am hope the pain will go away soon or at least ease off. i m still uncertain if i'm going to get paid while i m out of work. wc did approve surgery so hopefully the checks will start in a couple weeks. the doc said i'll be out of work 4 months or so. reading all your posts helps me know i m not the only one hurting!

Prayers and angels coming your way. Hopefully the pain will let up soon.
May God send his angels to hold you in his arms

I hope your pain eases shortly and you have a easy recovery, You should be receiving a check as you have been approved by WC. How long has it been sinse your injury happened. ? Take care and rest.........

welcome buildergirl i also hope your pain lets up soon and it will.becarefull and get some rest,i wish you well.hurt
Each day is not a rite,it's a given.

its been 5 yrs since original injury, first surgery seemed to work for a couple years then the pain and instability started back. being home is so boring, i go back to dr. tomorrow, hopefully he's pleased with surgery results and i have a good prognosis. i'll keep you posted.

Welcome to the Forum Builder!! I Hope You Heal Quickly, and Your Pain Eases! Please Feel Free to Ask any Questions You May Have, We have a Very Well Rounded and Diverse Group of People Here!! My best to You, and Please keep Us updated on Your Healing!!Smile

thanks limbo, i went back to dr yesterday he is pleased with how my ankle was healing on the outside, he said he basically did 4 surgeries in one. he shifted my heel and put a screw in it, he fixed a torn tenon, grafted cadaver ligaments, and he had to break a bone so he get in to fix inside the joint, so i have a plate and pins in there too. but he said it looked good. it still hurts and is soooo swolen, but i'm hoping that time will lessen the pain and i heal properly, i go back and get my stitches out in 2 weeks. i hope my weekly checks start soon, thats my main worry right now. thanks for listening you guys are great and i like reading everyones posts, i don't comment because i don't feel i'm qualified but you all seem to have it covered. have a great day!

Buildergirl, welcome to the board. I'm sure your keeping the Ice packs on the area surgery was performed..

As for your checks, surely someone had made contact from your place of employment before the surgery. Maybe their Insurance Carriers Adjustor. If the Adjustor did, and you don't have an Attorney, you can call them and ask questions. If you had no prior problems with your case, you may not have any now neither. We all pray for that too.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

they didn't tell me to ice it, will that hurt my cast?

Humm, well, I know the last person in a cast had what is called a constant cool pack. I might ask your doctor first then...
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Recovering lost benefits in claim (Family Medical Leave/Sick Days) chicagoHdiscs 4 8,520 08-04-2010, 02:55 PM
Last Post: UndercovrAngel
  Ouch! kit 2 2,086 12-24-2009, 12:42 PM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy
Exclamation Ouch! Is this normal? TiredOfHurting09 32 15,813 08-28-2009, 01:10 PM
Last Post: TiredOfHurting09