Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guess I am a little slow......
Last week I dropped my college class.

I didn't want to but I couldn't concentrate, I was hurting with nerve pain in my legs, and carpal tunnel in my right hand and arm.

I had gone several nights with no sleep and was behind on my homework.

Since dropping my class I am having some good days and getting some sleep. No longer am I sitting hours in front of the computer doing my homework, typing, and studying for my online class.

Over the weekend I spent some time sitting at the computer while working on medical records and the nerve pain started again.
I worked on the computer today and again the nerve pain started.

Today I realized that sitting for any period of time was triggering the nerve pain.

Dumb me.

do like hubbie did for me get a wireless laptop and lean back in your recliner and type away hope your pain leaves soon love ya
worry changes nothing prayer changes every thing

Skeeter is a good guy, I like that idea.

Bummer for me, I can't sit because of RLS..restless leg syndrome for any long period. I have learned to walk and paint... Are you sure it is nerve pain you are experiencing? When I my neuropathy acts up ... I can't walk at all. The nerve pain has different roots of cause than the neuropathy but they take similar paths in terms of signs and symptoms. However, the one thing I did learn in through years of nursing practice is that everyone is different especially about how pain affect them and when where and how... interesting observation however. Good luck with this. Are you taking medication for the nerve pain? I know that at one time you were prescribed neurotin. Are you taking that medication or something different. If I know you ...you are not talking your medication at all.... smiling...as they have all been saying to you "Bummer take your medication." Love and miss you Red
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.

You are right, I don't like to take meds.
I have started my neurotin, but not by choice.

Last year I had four ESI's and a discogram and my symptoms are consistant with the results of these test according to the doctor. Doctor says I have Lumbar radiculities.

Bummer - Take your meds Smile

Hugs and hope you feel better soon,
monster
Please click the link below to help provide food for homeless animals. It's free and only takes a second of your time! Thanks Smile
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

[IMG]http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l298/dominic1964/smokieonbed.jpg[/IMG]

I also bought a lap top computer and sit wireless in my recliner. I have back pain every now and then, but feel very comfortable in this chair laying back that I do not ever use the one on the desk anymore.

Hopefully you can get one and have it wireless so that you can get in your comfortable chair and relax and type to us.

Hope you feel better.

PS, Santa is right around the corner : )
carpal tunnel recurrence/ neuropathy / RSD.
1/29/07 injury date. Permanent. PIR settlement 8/4/08 10%

hi bummer i sure hope the neurotin works for you it never worked for me.there was another drug i cant remember what it was it helped alittle.hope things get better for you soon.hurt
Each day is not a rite,it's a given.

Morning Bummer.....I was going to PM you to see how you were doing with the Neurontin. Iwould put the lack of concentration on that. I have gotten from 100 mg to 600 in a couple of weeks without side effects I can't live with BUT I am forgetful. I seem to like to leave my handbag in the Dr.'s office all the time. I have to put it down next to me or He will have to remind me. I Almost mailed th eGrnadchildren's Halloween cards the other day thinking it was the end of Oct. My PM Dr. assured me it's the Neurontin. But on a good note it has started to help with the nerve pain. I am almost 2 months on it and am feeling a slight difference in some places. I have nerve problems in several places. As far as sitting at the computer, I don't have a laptop yet. I have to sit upright, with my feet flat on the floor. I still don't have alot of time in me. Cannot hold the mouse for any length of time or my neck will start. I stretch before I sit down and heat or ice when I'm done. Sad that we have to stretch and heat and ice before sitting but it helps. The source of my numbness and tingling is not aggravating the sciatic nerve so I can't sit in anything for long. A recliner makes me worse. Worst position I have ever been in. Hubby likes it and he had back surgery but I hate it. Makes my feet go numb almost immediately. Keep your wrist splint on when typing. Don't push anything too long. Take breaks every ten minutes.

CAP

I wanted a laptop butttttttttttttttttt I have temper tantrums and throw things that I cant make work right. the desk top is too heavy for me to throw.....maybe if my brain ever calms down and I can make it work Bill will get me one.......( Funny) when we went to cali summer before last Becca would let me use her laptop to check in with you all but she sat right across the table from me to grab it if I got frusterated.Have any of you found since your injury that you have uncontrolled anger bouts?
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  guess who is in ga sweet tooth 8 6,406 11-08-2011, 06:35 PM
Last Post: red1030
  Care to guess who's political ad showed this??? AQA 4 5,333 11-17-2010, 10:17 AM
Last Post: jayne
  Above All, Trust in the Slow Work of God bodybuilder1958 1 3,018 07-24-2010, 08:30 PM
Toungue Guess who I ran into?? capricorn 6 6,328 04-18-2010, 04:35 PM
Last Post: bronco54501
  Guess what I seen this morning..??? bronco54501 2 3,223 03-19-2010, 08:53 PM
Last Post: bronco54501
  Good news I guess capricorn 6 4,778 03-06-2010, 03:48 PM
Last Post: capricorn
  Can you guess who this is going to be backache 54 19,650 02-06-2010, 08:29 PM
Sad well, I guess it's happened "Addiction" Lilly 56 35,546 01-19-2010, 08:49 AM
Last Post: Cycler
  My Beautiful Paintings by the One and Only! Guess who!!! Wink 8 5,534 12-28-2009, 02:09 PM
Last Post: sweet tooth
  WOW, this Site has been Very Slow!! Still in Limbo 16 9,601 07-02-2009, 02:04 PM
Last Post: Still in Limbo