Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
penalties
Question 
In Illinois, where ins. carrier must explain delay of 14+ days for payment. Just received payment for 1 day from 11 mos. ago for issue previously discussed w/ atty. (adjuster mixed up doctor visits). Question is how does ins.co. defend 11 mo. delay and avoid penalty?

hi i think i would be on that like stink on puuuuuuuuuuuuu.they need to pay and now not later.so you need to step up go after them they sure would you right???????????if you dont have a lawyer then talk to some this is bull.hurt
Each day is not a rite,it's a given.

The question is, why after 11 months did they now pay you?
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Bad Boy Bad Boy Wrote:The question is, why after 11 months did they now pay you?

My point exactly. Attorney acts as if this of some benefit to me which is just as puzzling.

they defend it by explaining they mixed up the doctor visits.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

I would sure report that and make them pay the fine. There is no justification for what they did. This is just an example of how we are put on the back burner till they feel ready to pay. Maybe if someone reported them, they would be more careful.

There is a website that was given by 1171 to report insurance co's. I called the one here in NH when I was not paid for the tornado that hit my house almost 2 months later. They were willing to help me get the money, and the same day I threatened the insurance co. of reporting them, they sent it.

Sometimes we need to be firm and stand up for what is due to us. You should be paid INTEREST also. Next time I would be on top of them when anything is due to you.
carpal tunnel recurrence/ neuropathy / RSD.
1/29/07 injury date. Permanent. PIR settlement 8/4/08 10%

In Illinois penalties are awarded at trial and my understanding is that they actually aren't allowed to forget because one day is nothing for one claim but if they claim they forgot for hundreds or thousands of claims, that adds up to a substantial amount of money they,ve held and collected interest on.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Penalties and Sanctions proper99 3 2,168 08-22-2016, 09:40 PM
Last Post: 1171
  How do you deal with penalties for the IC? casual1 0 1,586 06-30-2012, 05:50 PM
Last Post: casual1
  fines and penalties samcb1 2 2,920 01-20-2012, 05:28 PM
Last Post: samcb1
Smile employer penalties Bernie57 1 2,194 09-23-2011, 08:29 AM
Last Post: LeglEgl
  Penalties and interest Cookiecrum 1 4,778 10-05-2009, 05:35 PM
Last Post: 1171
Wink Legal question re. late payments and penalties... lfoster21 7 12,260 11-24-2008, 10:41 PM
Last Post: lfoster21
  inaqurate QME report &penalties deni 13 9,765 03-23-2008, 03:34 AM
Last Post: deni