Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ike moving through the US....
Right now, where I live in Northwest IN, we are all flooded. My home is overlooking flooded homes which were evacuated yesterday. The National Gaurd is going back in today to finish evacuating. We are on the IL boarder and not only our river has flooded, three of IL's has flooded too. Actually, one county in IL has declared a state of emergency. I don't think any of the towns around here has yet, or if they will, but it is pretty crazy around here. I can't even cross over to get to work. All the roads are closed because the flood is so bad. Even the express ways are flooded. You can't go too far in any direction because you get stoped by floods. I heard that since the rain has stopped and they are manually pumping the rivers (not all, but some) back into the lake, the river's are receding. So, I am hoping by tonight or tomorrow the roads will open again. They say on the news that people probably won't be back to their homes to clean up til wed. or thurs. It has never flooded like this here before. We have set records this weekend here with all the floods and with how high our rivers got. Not only that, but our sewers are flooding and mixed in with the flood water is sewege, but I imagine anywhere it floods that happens. They got it worse in Texas, I'm sure, I just can't imagine. Just seeing all the devestation here where I live is so difficult, hard to put into words. My prayers go out to everyone, no matter where they live, who lost their homes. This storm was very distructive. I hear it is going into New York and Canada today. I sure hope that's the end of it. I can't imagine it going on to make more people lose more homes......

It isnt easy so many have lost homes and a way of life they will go thru all the stages of grieving just as if someone really close has died...Remember them all in prayer......It doesnt help that our country is also in turmoil right now either.....Let us all be more patient with those around us
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

I am sorry for what has been happening to you all there. Also, It is very devistating to lose anything as I know now what nature can do. Thank god for all the emergancy workers, Red cross, etc. and all the help of the people that pull through these tough times.

I think the worst part of our tornado was dealing with the IC after. It took them over a month 1/2 to get our claim finished and we are still waiting on the money to fix our home 2 months later. They need to understand how desperate people need the money to fix their lives and get back to normal. My prayers are with all that were effected by this disaster.
carpal tunnel recurrence/ neuropathy / RSD.
1/29/07 injury date. Permanent. PIR settlement 8/4/08 10%

man i lost two trees that make 5 trees i have lost in the past 2 years.they were all around 15 years old very pretty in the spring with lots of flowers.now i have one left.it will take me 3-4 days to cut it up and burn and it will take me 7-8 day to recover from doing it.hurt.
Each day is not a rite,it's a given.

Bless Us All and Everyone in the Disaster Areas!! Our Economy is Dipping, Banks Failing, and then Mother Nature Hits Us! Jayne is Correct, with All of the Stress on Everyone, and so Many Losing Everything, Patience is the Perfect Emotion We should have Right Now! I'm 46, and I believe this is the Worst I've ever Seen it. Now it Looks like AIG is going to Fall, and they are the Largest Insurance Provider! God Bless Us All, and Help Carry Us through these Rough Times!!Wink

Wonk and if they go then im outta w/c

what would happen to us that have our car insurence with them ?
worry changes nothing prayer changes every thing

I think alot of people are gonna learn to live the way we have since we got hurt
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

It's sad, but I think you're right Jayne. I fear you're very right.

Also, here in IN where it is flooded, people are still dieing. It is so dumb though. They didn't shut off all the power where they were supposed to and people got electricuted and there were even explosions. The fires took very long to put out because they can't drive the fire trucks through the flood and had to take their hoses and walk there. Can't they somehow use the flood water? Or is that not safe since it also has raw sewege in it? These deaths could have been prevented if proper safety measures had been taken. They have all the power off now, I hope the water recedes soon. I also think they shouldn't let people go walking through the waters. I haven't been home much to watch the news. How are they doing in Texas? Are they getting the funding they need? Are the waters receding quickly there?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Probably not moving at least for awhile :( monster1963 7 4,055 06-07-2012, 11:06 PM
Last Post: UndercovrAngel
  Moving to Ft. Worth monster1963 6 3,946 06-04-2012, 07:55 PM
Last Post: monster1963
Big Grin The moving plan is pretty much finalized monster 14 8,418 09-10-2009, 07:16 PM
Last Post: monster
  Moving On...... Bummer Knees 7 3,972 06-01-2009, 02:21 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  Moving to Nevada Bad Boy Bad Boy 4 2,840 04-28-2008, 07:36 AM
Last Post: Lilly
  Moving to Florida Tuffy 43 11,668 02-09-2008, 03:22 PM
Last Post: sweet tooth