Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
diminished blood flow on injury side
Ok, here's the scenario. (Michigan, on PPD, settlement in process)

I was sent last week for my yearly echo (for existing heart ailments). They also checked my neck carotids, my cardio told me carotids are ok, but they find "diminished blood flow to my dominant arm" This is my injured shoulder arm!
My cardio stated it's probably from the shoulder injury! What happens if it IS related to the orig work injury?
I don't return to the cardio until early next month to talk to him further about the problem...as I'm not sure if a regurgitating heart valve can cause the same problems....I haven't found any info on the web regarding this.
Does this have to be added to my claim if it isn't heart related? Or, since WC is still open.....is it a side effect from the injury? Would this have any effect my settlement? I know WC won't accept my cardio's opinion, since he's not the treating MD for my shoulder.
Anyone have any ideas or advice? Thank you all! Lilly
Injured worker, & tired of it all! I'm too old for games!!

A careless word may kindle strife, a cruel word may wreck a life, a timely word may level stress, and a loving word may heal and bless!

sorry to here this lilly i hope some one can help you with this and i hope they can fix this problem hurt.
Each day is not a rite,it's a given.

Lilly- sorry you have a decrease in blood flow. This is one of the problems that I have delt with. I lost 50% blood flow in damaged arm, that is what caused the increase in pain, loss of strength and caused my arm to become perm unrepairable. Before you settle, please have a EMG, and doppler study to arm. This will show nerve and vessle damage. Also if it is repairable and what will be needed to correct the damamge.
May God send his angels to hold you in his arms

Ok Vic, I recently had several, yearly heart tests.
One was a Stress Andenosine , Myoview.... and four different times, the techs tried to get a BP on my injured arm, and could not. Is this due to dimished blood flow?
Why would this have happened all the sudden?
Lilly
Injured worker, & tired of it all! I'm too old for games!!

A careless word may kindle strife, a cruel word may wreck a life, a timely word may level stress, and a loving word may heal and bless!

Just a Thought Lilly, I don't know for Sure, but if Nerves can get Pinched either by an Injury or a Surgery Resulting in Scar Tissue Issues such as Mine, can't an Artery be Disrupted or Pinched also? That would be My Line of Questioning to the Dr., and if it's found to be so, I would Ask My Attorney to Open an Additional Petition to have this Added to Your Case! If the settlement isn't Processed and Signed Yet, You May still be able to have it Added, and Personally I wouldn't Settle until the Problem was Corrected! Again just a Thought and My Opinion, My Very Best to You, and Have a Great Day!!Wink

Lilly...I am so sorry this has been added to the mix. As Rnvic said try to have the doppler study and an EMG done. I've had both done to be sure there weren't any problems that couldn't be seen. Nerve damage is there but no vessel damage. WIll be praying.

Hugs,
CAP

Lilly- when the blood flow is slowed or blocked it makes it hard to get a BP. Also is there a change in the color in you arm? Did they use a doppler to check the blood flow while they were doing the test? In the hospital if we are having trouble getting a BP we use a Doppler to hear it. If there is change in color what color is it. What about temp. Is it different from the other arm?
May God send his angels to hold you in his arms

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  100% Diminished Future Earning Capacity classk 6 14,387 06-16-2012, 07:20 PM
Last Post: classk
  Drug interactions and side effects chrischris 0 2,313 05-20-2012, 07:30 PM
Last Post: chrischris
  Lyrica benefits vs. side effects? sonny1 4 7,825 03-08-2011, 05:29 PM
Last Post: sonny1
  medicare set a side question? Jaycojade 4 5,434 11-02-2010, 07:11 PM
Last Post: jayne
Question oxycodone (side effects) bronco54501 10 10,193 09-09-2010, 08:06 AM
Last Post: backpainfla
Question Learned something interesting about high blood pressure and FCE lefty 26 27,253 07-19-2010, 03:41 PM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy
  medical set-a-side (in louisiana) huey42 6 6,004 03-23-2010, 11:10 PM
Last Post: huey42
  set a side Hoosier_Daddy 8 6,023 02-10-2010, 03:39 PM
Last Post: freebird
  Settlement back to the dark side freebird 8 6,691 12-18-2009, 01:45 PM
Last Post: Still in Limbo
  decreased blood flow to injured arm Lilly 13 8,281 06-22-2009, 11:14 AM
Last Post: capricorn