Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help...will this injury be covered under wc?
jayne Wrote:your lawyer will

Hello Jayne,

From your experience with w/c... when an attorney gets involved does the process move a little quicker?

nothing in wc is fast......you have someone on your side now that will walk you thru but because there are so many fakers out there out to make a buck and because lets face it the IC is a profit driven business these thing go at a snails pace some on here get thru fast some like Bad boy have been here for years waiting....the more you are gonna cost them the more they are gonna fight you....if for example when the paramedics came in and noticed water on the floor they would surmise you slipped and fell breaking your ankle and hitting your head no brainer....but if they dont know the cause they might fight you saying...she had a seizure and that caused her to fall and brake her ankle it could go either way thats why you need someone on your side that knows the rules and the laws as they are different in every state......Now a lawyer wont take a case he doesnt think he can make money on....so sit back and let him do his job...you on the other hand need to start getting copies of everything that has happened to you since the accident medical,x-rays ect...get a note book and put down everyday how you feel keep a pain chart 0-10 someone here can find one for you.....DO NOT....DO NOT ever talk to your IC again if they call tell them your lawyers name and number and have a nice day and hang up and jot it down in your note book who called date and time and that you told them to talk to your lawyer...once they know you have a lawyer it is agaist the law for them to contact you....oh and if they offer you a nurse case manager.......that is a whole new ball of wax we will get into later.....
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

I am one of those people that got hurt in Jan. of 07 and just got my permanent impairment award two weeks ago. It is still sitting in the bank with no idea what to do with it. I was NOT after the money, but after the care of trying to get rid of this pain. I still go to PM every month to try different treatments to help relieve the severe pain in my hand/arm/fingers now.

My reason for not getting a lawyer is because I had a daughter that was very ill when she was 16. She was still going to a pediatrician and this doctor said she just had depression and that is why her stomach ached alot. She was bleeding from her rectum and having stools about 20 times a day. Also the doctor said she was a hypocondriac and that she had been lactose intolerant. To stay away from milk. This ended up being a ulcerated colitis.

She was rushed to the hospital by her friend and because she was now 18 at the time, the ER wanted to send her home. She had lost 40 lbs. and was severly dehydrated. I told them we are NOT going home and she is going to be admitted. Only after she had gone to the bathroom and it was all blood clots, did they deside to keep her and run tests.

The next day she was rushed to lahey clinic near Boston where they had an emergancy surgery and she lost her whole large intestine and almost died. She ended up with a colostomy bag for 2 yrs. They reveresed her rectum after that time and is severely scared from her chest to her belly button.

She chose to get a lawyer and fight the pediatrician. She fought for 2 yrs. and went to court and sat by herself with her lawyer while the hospitals/doctor had their lawyers. I was very proud of her for standing up for her rights. They kept continueing her case and in the end she lost everything due to her lawyer. The lawyer gave up after taking all her money right down to each copy of paper/ stamps etc.

It dragged on for so long that when I got hurt I wanted nothing to do with a lawyer. I feel my case went fast because I did not have one, but also feel if I did have one, I might of got more than a 10% impairment award and my meds still paid for. I am content right now with my small award as long as I get my medical care still paid for. That is all I want. I never had trouble with anything in my case till I got to the rating of 32% my doctor gave me. That is when the fight began because it would of meant 24,000.00. Instead I ended up with 7, 500.00. But I have a job with good pay, so I can live with that.

Each case is different, and people feel different about how they want to be going through this system. Alone or with legal help. If there is problems in the beginning, then they definitly should turn to help then. I just did not want to drag mine out as I was getting severely depressed. I wish you luck in your case, and remember to come here for any help you may need. There is many wonderful people on here that would steer you in the right direction. That is how I learned so much about my case and decided to do it all on my own. Well, not on my own, as I had everyone here that helped guide me through it all.

Keeping records along with your lawyer is very important. I have my trunk of my car loaded with binders of all my appointments, tests etc. I have gone to all the hospitals for my medical records/therapy notes as I had that for 7 months, 4 times a week. I wish you luck and do NOT let them get you upset ( WC ). They are very good at that. Take one day at a time, and remember, it is not a FAST system. You are just beginning and have a long road ahead of you.
carpal tunnel recurrence/ neuropathy / RSD.
1/29/07 injury date. Permanent. PIR settlement 8/4/08 10%

The Advice to Obtain Counsel in Your Situation, My Opinion Only, is Very Sound! Your Case is Complicated from Day One,and You are going to Need Assistance. My Injury was Cut and Dry, and I didn't Obtain Counsel until after My Surgery, when it had Failed and the Surgeon Started getting a Bit Shaky and Nervous around Me. Folks need Attorneys at Different Times, Some don't need them at All, it Mainly Depends on the Employer, the Employee, and the i/c as to the Need of Counsel! My Very Best to You, and I Hope things go Smoothly!!Wink

jayne Wrote:nothing in wc is fast......you have someone on your side now that will walk you thru but because there are so many fakers out there out to make a buck and because lets face it the IC is a profit driven business these thing go at a snails pace some on here get thru fast some like Bad boy have been here for years waiting....the more you are gonna cost them the more they are gonna fight you....if for example when the paramedics came in and noticed water on the floor they would surmise you slipped and fell breaking your ankle and hitting your head no brainer....but if they dont know the cause they might fight you saying...she had a seizure and that caused her to fall and brake her ankle it could go either way thats why you need someone on your side that knows the rules and the laws as they are different in every state......Now a lawyer wont take a case he doesnt think he can make money on....so sit back and let him do his job...you on the other hand need to start getting copies of everything that has happened to you since the accident medical,x-rays ect...get a note book and put down everyday how you feel keep a pain chart 0-10 someone here can find one for you.....DO NOT....DO NOT ever talk to your IC again if they call tell them your lawyers name and number and have a nice day and hang up and jot it down in your note book who called date and time and that you told them to talk to your lawyer...once they know you have a lawyer it is agaist the law for them to contact you....oh and if they offer you a nurse case manager.......that is a whole new ball of wax we will get into later.....

I am going to start collecting all this info immediatly...I can not thank you all enough for all the infomation you have shared with me..it is such a SHAME the way w/c is set up..

YOu know the funny thing about it is if they did deny my claim and I was not able to get weekly payments until I return to work, I am still blessed..16 weeks ago my Dr.'s didn't think I would live, and if I did i would probably be living in a nursing home....but after 6 days in ICU I just woke up..the next day I wanted to get up and take a shower and my nurse told me no, "I was not able to bath by myself".....(my family hadn't told me how sick I was yet) I rolled over to the side of my bed, grabbed the IV pole and walk thru ICU asking where was the shower..the staff in ICU could not believe it, they yelled it's a miracle.. I couldn't understand why they were making such a big deal.......as long as I depend on God, I will be alright...(smile)

sparkey Wrote:I am one of those people that got hurt in Jan. of 07 and just got my permanent impairment award two weeks ago. It is still sitting in the bank with no idea what to do with it. I was NOT after the money, but after the care of trying to get rid of this pain. I still go to PM every month to try different treatments to help relieve the severe pain in my hand/arm/fingers now.

My reason for not getting a lawyer is because I had a daughter that was very ill when she was 16. She was still going to a pediatrician and this doctor said she just had depression and that is why her stomach ached alot. She was bleeding from her rectum and having stools about 20 times a day. Also the doctor said she was a hypocondriac and that she had been lactose intolerant. To stay away from milk. This ended up being a ulcerated colitis.

She was rushed to the hospital by her friend and because she was now 18 at the time, the ER wanted to send her home. She had lost 40 lbs. and was severly dehydrated. I told them we are NOT going home and she is going to be admitted. Only after she had gone to the bathroom and it was all blood clots, did they deside to keep her and run tests.

The next day she was rushed to lahey clinic near Boston where they had an emergancy surgery and she lost her whole large intestine and almost died. She ended up with a colostomy bag for 2 yrs. They reveresed her rectum after that time and is severely scared from her chest to her belly button.

She chose to get a lawyer and fight the pediatrician. She fought for 2 yrs. and went to court and sat by herself with her lawyer while the hospitals/doctor had their lawyers. I was very proud of her for standing up for her rights. They kept continueing her case and in the end she lost everything due to her lawyer. The lawyer gave up after taking all her money right down to each copy of paper/ stamps etc.

It dragged on for so long that when I got hurt I wanted nothing to do with a lawyer. I feel my case went fast because I did not have one, but also feel if I did have one, I might of got more than a 10% impairment award and my meds still paid for. I am content right now with my small award as long as I get my medical care still paid for. That is all I want. I never had trouble with anything in my case till I got to the rating of 32% my doctor gave me. That is when the fight began because it would of meant 24,000.00. Instead I ended up with 7, 500.00. But I have a job with good pay, so I can live with that.

Each case is different, and people feel different about how they want to be going through this system. Alone or with legal help. If there is problems in the beginning, then they definitly should turn to help then. I just did not want to drag mine out as I was getting severely depressed. I wish you luck in your case, and remember to come here for any help you may need. There is many wonderful people on here that would steer you in the right direction. That is how I learned so much about my case and decided to do it all on my own. Well, not on my own, as I had everyone here that helped guide me through it all.

Keeping records along with your lawyer is very important. I have my trunk of my car loaded with binders of all my appointments, tests etc. I have gone to all the hospitals for my medical records/therapy notes as I had that for 7 months, 4 times a week. I wish you luck and do NOT let them get you upset ( WC ). They are very good at that. Take one day at a time, and remember, it is not a FAST system. You are just beginning and have a long road ahead of you.

Sparky...

How is your daughter doing now? You know I am a nurse and I have never seen a person fall thru the cracks like your daughter...Isn't it sad when they are not sure about the dx they scream hypocondriac...
I know now that I am at the begining of a long road, but I must say I have meet some really nice people along the way on this site...(smile)

Healing nurse, Come on over to the off topic area, meet some of the other nurses, and injured workers, We have become a family and are always looking for new family members. Join in the fun and vent all you want.

Thank you for asking HEALING. She is doing fine. Still has bad depression because none of the doctors listened to her for many years when she was ill and thinking it was all in her head. She has one doctor she trusts and that is the one I got her to have her colostomy bag. She loves and trusts him so much. He has a great bedside manner.

She is now reversed and has a J pouch. Meaning she can finally go normally instead of the bag. This I had to talk her into, as she did not want to get rid of the bag.She was afraid of the reversal surgery after she almost died with the removal of her large intestine in the emergancy surgery.

Now she is out of work. Has Fibro and has had a pioniatial ( know that is spelled wrong) cyst on her bum that has now been operated on going on the 8th time. It will not heal. She has had plastic surgery twice and the bag that you wear after surgery to help heal the wound ( forget what that is called). Hopefully this next surgery works for her. They suggested maybe a shot of botox around it, because she seems to sweat in that area that keeps the wound to moist and keeps opening up. We will see, but thank you for asking.
carpal tunnel recurrence/ neuropathy / RSD.
1/29/07 injury date. Permanent. PIR settlement 8/4/08 10%

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Final Notice from W/C Medication not covered Babebahn 8 3,879 01-25-2017, 06:42 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  MSA projected Medicare Covered Items casual1 1 2,112 11-26-2012, 01:54 PM
Last Post: dtails
  Unrelated Injury & Covered Injury UtOh 1 2,342 09-27-2012, 07:34 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Old WMC injury...with related injury not covered Kwood1 0 2,594 06-03-2011, 09:16 PM
Last Post: Kwood1
  Complex Meniscus Tear and Arthritis=WC Covered Total Knee Replacement allison 5 17,626 04-02-2011, 11:57 AM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  Is any on job injury covered by workmans comp? maxpowers 1 2,878 07-11-2009, 07:21 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Am I covered under WC? JohnC 11 12,714 04-30-2009, 11:16 AM
Last Post: Cycler
  Texas Non-Covered Employer - HELP! 8641 3 3,866 07-16-2008, 08:19 AM
Last Post: froglett
  quitting, still covered? paintballpunk 3 3,446 03-22-2008, 11:31 AM
Last Post: paintballpunk
  what is covered by wc cchovanec1@yahoo.com 4 3,432 02-19-2008, 01:08 PM
Last Post: sparkey