Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help...will this injury be covered under wc?
I would agree. You really need to call an attorney and discuss it with them. This is one of those cases where causation isn't readily apparent. You would be better served by talking it over with a professional attorney instead of relying on us dime store cowboys...

stiffnecked Wrote:I would agree. You really need to call an attorney and discuss it with them. This is one of those cases where causation isn't readily apparent. You would be better served by talking it over with a professional attorney instead of relying on us dime store cowboys...

Well I thank you dime store cowboys because you have lead me in the right direction...I was just sitting here waiting on w/c to let me know what was going on, always wondering and getting broker by the day..I will be calling an attorney in the morning so I can understand what is going on.. Thank you all so much

was there an investagation done at the time of the accident? water on the floor anything? did you hit your head when you fell?....I mean if when you went into the bathroom you slipped,fell and in the fall you not only broke your ankle but hit your head?A closed head injury is very dangerous and the swelling could cause the coma and other problems....Is there any evidence of a seizure? A good lawyer needs to be on your side before you talk to anyone from the IC again.....dont hire the first lawyer you interview unless you are comfortable with him/her but until you do when they call I would say I am seeking advice of council before I say or sign anything please give me a day or two to find a lawyer........WC is a slippery slope and good council is needed....please be very careful they will try and get you to say or do something that will get them off the hook...they are very good at taking one comment and making a story out of it.....you think polititions are slick wait till you see some of the IC reports
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

jayne Wrote:was there an investagation done at the time of the accident? water on the floor anything? did you hit your head when you fell?....I mean if when you went into the bathroom you slipped,fell and in the fall you not only broke your ankle but hit your head?A closed head injury is very dangerous and the swelling could cause the coma and other problems....Is there any evidence of a seizure? A good lawyer needs to be on your side before you talk to anyone from the IC again.....dont hire the first lawyer you interview unless you are comfortable with him/her but until you do when they call I would say I am seeking advice of council before I say or sign anything please give me a day or two to find a lawyer........WC is a slippery slope and good council is needed....please be very careful they will try and get you to say or do something that will get them off the hook...they are very good at taking one comment and making a story out of it.....you think polititions are slick wait till you see some of the IC reports

No there was no investagation done, my condition was so critical they really didn't think I was going to live..when I gave initial statement to w/c I told them the truth, I did not remember anything...the only thing I was able to tell her was what I was told..I don't even remember feeling bad and going to the restroom. Once I got out of hospital I asked supervisor if incident report was done, she told me "no" I told her to please file a incident report..

I am in the state of Alabama..when I call w/c I am told they are still reviewing my claim. If the underlying condition was caused by a seizure, would w/c reject claim?
[/quote]

unless the seizure was caused by the job it would not be covered by comp; the ankle could be.

i very much doubt such a call would turn out to be simple.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

1171 Wrote:I am in the state of Alabama..when I call w/c I am told they are still reviewing my claim. If the underlying condition was caused by a seizure, would w/c reject claim?

unless the seizure was caused by the job it would not be covered by comp; the ankle could be.

i very much doubt such a call would turn out to be simple.
[/quote]

I understand seizure may not be covered by workmans comp...but what about the ankle? If it was a seizure does that disqualify the injury to the ankle?

they are separate; the ankle could be covered. you'll need a probable explanation from the doctor as to how you came to break the ankle. If the connection to the job is strong enough you'll have a basis to appeal should they still deny it.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

First off we all know that from the confusion of what happened and how you hurt your ankle/fell etc. that you will need help with this claim. Like everyone has stated above, your first thing to do is to interview WC lawyers. I can see already that you are going to have alot of back up to claim the ankle being broke while at work. This is a case that definitly needs to be with legal help. I did not seek legal help for my case, but think I did okay as I still get the medical help I need and ended up with a 10% permanent impairment award.

It is not easy going to hearings without representation and it is best to have legal help especially in your case. You also need to find out what caused you to fall and so on.
carpal tunnel recurrence/ neuropathy / RSD.
1/29/07 injury date. Permanent. PIR settlement 8/4/08 10%

sparkey Wrote:First off we all know that from the confusion of what happened and how you hurt your ankle/fell etc. that you will need help with this claim. Like everyone has stated above, your first thing to do is to interview WC lawyers. I can see already that you are going to have alot of back up to claim the ankle being broke while at work. This is a case that definitly needs to be with legal help. I did not seek legal help for my case, but think I did okay as I still get the medical help I need and ended up with a 10% permanent impairment award.

It is not easy going to hearings without representation and it is best to have legal help especially in your case. You also need to find out what caused you to fall and so on.

w/c should be ashamed of themselves, by the time they make a judgement on your case you could have lost everything...sometimes I feel like they are prolonging this to a point were you almost are forced to go back to work without Dr. okay and then they can drop the claim..why are there not laws in place that force them to process a claim within a reasonable amount of time? I have read a lot of stories on this site, it is such a sad situation. If I were not married and had another source of income I would have lost everything by now..

I did meet with 3 lawyers today, I did select one..should I call w/c an let them know I have an attorney?

your lawyer will
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Final Notice from W/C Medication not covered Babebahn 8 4,611 01-25-2017, 06:42 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  MSA projected Medicare Covered Items casual1 1 2,252 11-26-2012, 01:54 PM
Last Post: dtails
  Unrelated Injury & Covered Injury UtOh 1 2,438 09-27-2012, 07:34 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Old WMC injury...with related injury not covered Kwood1 0 2,672 06-03-2011, 09:16 PM
Last Post: Kwood1
  Complex Meniscus Tear and Arthritis=WC Covered Total Knee Replacement allison 5 18,120 04-02-2011, 11:57 AM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  Is any on job injury covered by workmans comp? maxpowers 1 2,992 07-11-2009, 07:21 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Am I covered under WC? JohnC 11 13,008 04-30-2009, 11:16 AM
Last Post: Cycler
  Texas Non-Covered Employer - HELP! 8641 3 4,018 07-16-2008, 08:19 AM
Last Post: froglett
  quitting, still covered? paintballpunk 3 3,551 03-22-2008, 11:31 AM
Last Post: paintballpunk
  what is covered by wc cchovanec1@yahoo.com 4 3,562 02-19-2008, 01:08 PM
Last Post: sparkey