Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New guy left arm & lower back
Big Grin 
Hi all,
I've browsed some of these injured worker forums, and I could use some info on my injury. I fell on thick ice in Jan 08 as i fell my left arm and lower back contacted the curbing as i slid down and under my patrol vehicle. I was sore after the incident and I imediatly noticed numbness in my left hand (like it fell asleep) and a deep bruise started to develop on my left lower back & buttox area. The next day , my hand was still numb but no pain. My lower back was bad as was my left leg. I had a hard time standing and walking. I was fired from my job the next day (because I couldn't walk). I went to the er and my family doc and was refered to spinal doc. I had 2 lower discs bad (1 crushed the other ruptured) had cortizone shots and pt. didn't help. same time i had surgery (after x-ray and emg and MRI) on my left wrist and left elbow (carpol tunnel and cubital release) to cure numb hand and fingers. Then after much consult with pt doc and spine doc had lower back surgery (S1 & C5 i think) I now have 3 wicked scars and fusion surgery included 2 rods and 6 ancors to hold in place. Discs were removed and packets installed to promote bone growth. I am now in pt and 8 weeks out of surgeries. since i lost my job I applied for unemployment insurance and medicaid (Illinois) Medicaid has payer everything and unemployment sends me a little each month. I have a lawer and I don't hear from him much he says my employer denies everything and has covered nothing . Lawer has med records with letter from all docs that this is work related. and that's where I'm at now. Unemployment is getting ready to expire and then i will have no income . any clues as how to procede??

When you said Petrol Car. Are you a Cop? If so, are you Union? Just from reading your post, your lawyer is not keeping good communication it seems with you, or not doing his/her work. I would as your lawyer what to do about running out of income , and what is available for you. Seems like your going to be into heavy fighting trying to get the IC to pay for everything if they are denying this as WC. Make sure you have a good lawyer for all that may happen ahead/ if not, get a new one NOW!
carpal tunnel recurrence/ neuropathy / RSD.
1/29/07 injury date. Permanent. PIR settlement 8/4/08 10%

ILLinois police Unions would of helped out and they would not been fired.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Sorry ... No association with police. Private security company . no union

you'll have to have a hearing before the work comp commission.
check out the handbook for basic information
http://www.iwcc.il.gov/handbook.htm
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Get your Attorney to file Form 19-B for a rapid hearing.

http://www.iwcc.il.gov/arbdecFORM.pdf

http://www.iwcc.il.gov/arb19bFORM.pdf

http://www.iwcc.il.gov/arb19b1FORM.pdf

http://www.iwcc.il.gov/forms.htm
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

The problem you have is that you didnt report it to your supervisor at work. That means its a he said she said situation and a judge will not order the company to pay based on something you didn't report. The reason is that since you didnt report it, you can't prove that it happened at work.

Jerry
I did report it and I was the Site supervisor. It was reported to the company I worked for , The client company and the client companys safety dept.

Lawer says he has a hearing / meeting on the 8th of sept. I have provided him with a letter from my doctor that says that all related therapy / surgeries / meds and pt are related to my fall on the ice in Jan. I don't know yet if I'm invited to the hearing. any ideas as to what to expect when I do hear from him again.Also .. between my last two PT appts I am experiencing numbness in my left leg and lower left back & buttox area. Left leg is only on the left side of the leg to the knee. Left buttox is numb from lower back to the left leg. No new injury or pain that I am Aware of it just seems to have started by itself. Dr recheck on surgery is set for 16th. Told theripist but they don't know why.

Sounds like your Sciatiac nerve is being pinched, on your left side. My opinion.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad The only hope left is for political reform Buddy1114 0 778 03-31-2020, 02:20 AM
Last Post: Buddy1114
  CA Lower Back Injury Settlement back2036 3 1,279 10-26-2019, 07:26 PM
Last Post: 1171
  CRPS left foot/ankle Sarcher 9 3,337 12-20-2018, 10:22 PM
  utah multiple amputations on left hand terin7fingers 3 3,182 04-19-2017, 06:25 PM
  Advise for workers comp claim. Only 20yrs old w/ damage to disc in lower back!! brandnew23 17 26,386 01-11-2016, 10:24 PM
  lower lubar fuse maxzillia 1 2,096 05-11-2015, 11:23 AM
  Lawyer meeting left more confused weezle735 9 8,680 07-31-2014, 11:25 AM
  (NJ) Left with Nothing?... Vinnyherman 8 5,257 07-31-2014, 06:52 AM
Last Post: Vinnyherman
  End of treatment? Lower back injury in CA PainOC 10 13,268 10-10-2012, 12:39 PM
  Injuried lower back Hurt medic 6 5,299 08-05-2012, 11:02 AM