Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blood clots. Anyone else
From wi. I have had a lot of injuries with my crash while working. They put a filter in my main artery to keep clots going to heart and lungs. Not 100% effective but helps.While In hospitol bed,got the clots. How does this effect any future settlement. Anyone have the same or know any. Lawyer says I am pretty much screwed.

Do they have you on any blood thinners?I was just wondering why they used a filter instead of medication. Is it permanent ( the filter?).
carpal tunnel recurrence/ neuropathy / RSD.
1/29/07 injury date. Permanent. PIR settlement 8/4/08 10%

I assume the leg DVT has been amended to your claim since they are a common consequence of immobility in hospital beds ( and a leading cause of hospital deaths when a PE results...).

The inferior vena cava filters ( Greenfield ) are permanent. They are also to be considered in any impairment rating under the AMA Guides Vascular Chapter and also under the various other disability rating systems. You are not screwed at all if it's in the claim.

hopefully you are on a blood thinner and the filter. I would think if one of the clots were to escape into your system, and do permanent damage, WC is liable for all medical costs. They should also be liable for any and all medications that pertain to the clot problem. Since they don't pay for pain & suffering, and you hopefully stay free of permanent clot damage .....you most likely are screwed, and none of this will have any leverage on the settlement.
Did you have other permanent injuries?
I wish you luck, and prayers for you! LillySmile
Injured worker, & tired of it all! I'm too old for games!!

A careless word may kindle strife, a cruel word may wreck a life, a timely word may level stress, and a loving word may heal and bless!

sparkey Wrote:Do they have you on any blood thinners?I was just wondering why they used a filter instead of medication. Is it permanent ( the filter?).

Yes they did have me on warfrin but doc took me off. Due to being more active and the filter was put in for life.

isnt it funny you can drive up to macdonalds and spill your own coffee in your lap and collect millions.....but go to work and do your job get hurt and lose everything....doesnt make sense does it
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Cycler Wrote:I assume the leg DVT has been amended to your claim since they are a common consequence of immobility in hospital beds ( and a leading cause of hospital deaths when a PE results...).

The inferior vena cava filters ( Greenfield ) are permanent. They are also to be considered in any impairment rating under the AMA Guides Vascular Chapter and also under the various other disability rating systems. You are not screwed at all if it's in the claim.

I asked my lawyer and he didnt have to much to say. He did not say anything like you wrote. I will have to bring it up to his attention. I wonder if he his doing his job. And that is why i have the dvt's in both legs. Thanks

Bronco,
The important issue is whether or not the DVT, the reason for placing the filter, has been determined to a reasonable degree of medical certainty to have been a result of your work injury either as a direct consequence or as a flow through condition. DO you understand this concept ? Has your filter etc been paid for by workers comp ?

If not and I can assume that had you not had the work related crash you would not have had the DVT and then the need for a filter then you atty has indeed dropped
the ball.

IF the DVT and filter have been accepted as part of your comp claim then the state will recognize that they are often problem long term and your settlement will reflect that - or again your atty has dropped the ball.

You ned to give a little more information.
Cheers

Cycler Wrote:Bronco,
The important issue is whether or not the DVT, the reason for placing the filter, has been determined to a reasonable degree of medical certainty to have been a result of your work injury either as a direct consequence or as a flow through condition. DO you understand this concept ? Has your filter etc been paid for by workers comp ?

If not and I can assume that had you not had the work related crash you would not have had the DVT and then the need for a filter then you atty has indeed dropped
the ball.

IF the DVT and filter have been accepted as part of your comp claim then the state will recognize that they are often problem long term and your settlement will reflect that - or again your atty has dropped the ball.

You ned to give a little more information.
Cheers

Yes the filter was put in because of the dvt which was caused by the crash. WC has picked up the bill because it was caused by the crash. They are starting to make me nervous, maybe seek another opinion.
Thanks

What would you want another opinion on ? You will be compensated regarding the DVT and Filter in your settlement, no question. What was your atty referring to when he said you are screwed ?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Learned something interesting about high blood pressure and FCE lefty 26 30,753 07-19-2010, 03:41 PM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy
  decreased blood flow to injured arm Lilly 13 9,627 06-22-2009, 11:14 AM
Last Post: capricorn
  diminished blood flow on injury side Lilly 6 6,863 09-17-2008, 10:16 PM
Last Post: RNvic