Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
mileage
I would like to know after being on WC for five months and not putting in for mileage reimbursment, is it to late to do it now? I also would like to know, what if I don't have the receipts?

each state has their own rules covering work comp benefits. If you are going to post regularly you should indicate your location in your user profile.
if mileage benefits are available in your state generally you can claim them as long as you haven't settled or bought out all benefits.
I'm not sure what a mileage reciept is but again it depends on the state laws.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

1171 Wrote:each state has their own rules covering work comp benefits. If you are going to post regularly you should indicate your location in your user profile.
if mileage benefits are available in your state generally you can claim them as long as you haven't settled or bought out all benefits.
I'm not sure what a mileage reciept is but again it depends on the state laws.

California,

I would like to know what you and the others think of this. I saw the WC Ortho Doc the other day. We dicussed the reason why the MRI was not authorized, because I did not complain of leg pain in the beginning of my injury. Stated that Cervical and Thoracic spondylosis with Myleopathy is not related. I remember having a conversation with him in the early part of my injury, I told him I was having lumbar pain and he said the Cervical and thoracic disc herniations could throw the spine out of whack. I read up on my condidtion and it clearly states, that one could have radiculopathy down the arms as well as the legs.

i think the doctor needs to appeal the denial and/or supply the required information.
on other california mileage post is the link to the online form
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

In VA, you can request milage at any point before you settle your case. I have done this twice now, each time was for at least a year. I needed to write down the Drs. name, address, and reason for seeing him and the mileage. At the bottome of the page, I made a notation that the mileage was figured out by going to maqpuest.com. That way, they were realistic miles and the i/c could prove that I was being honest. Then, I totaled up the miles, at the bottom of the cost column. I wish you luck with getting what is due you.

Thank you for the imformation.

I do not have a lawyer involved in my case, so I send my adjuster my mileage ( faxed) after each visit. I have to put my name, date of doctors appointment, where it was, and my claim number, miles traveled round trip.

I get reimbursed after they get the doctors notes from that visit to prove I went to my appointment. I travel 250 miles round trip each month, and now two times a month during my injections. They have 30 days in which to pay for this. This is how it works in my state of NH.
carpal tunnel recurrence/ neuropathy / RSD.
1/29/07 injury date. Permanent. PIR settlement 8/4/08 10%

I was reading on here about mileage reimbursement. I am in ohio. I called today to check on this because my dr is around 100 miles round trip. She tells me that I can't be paid for this because it has to be a doctor that they send me to (ime etc). Is this true you think?...or are they just trying to get out of reimbursing me?

PA -- doesn't pay mileage reimbursement unless they (the IC) wants an IME, IRE or FCE. My doctor is 4 hrs one way, so it is up to me to pay for any doctor appt. If the IC requests/demands you to go see one of their doctors, they will pay for mileage.

I was reading on here about mileage reimbursement. I am in ohio. I called today to check on this because my dr is around 100 miles round trip. She tells me that I can't be paid for this because it has to be a doctor that they send me to (ime etc). Is this true you think?...or are they just trying to get out of reimbursing me?
[/quote]

depends on who you contacted.
http://www.ohiobwc.com/worker/forms/c60/

Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Medical mileage Lostandconfused 5 2,021 10-02-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: 1171
  CA-Medical Mileage Reimbursement SickOfTheProcess 10 13,808 02-23-2016, 08:43 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  New Mileage rate rolandlaw 4 4,665 01-04-2016, 09:04 PM
  IME mileage reimbursment question drewr81 2 4,099 01-04-2013, 08:42 PM
Last Post: bronco54501
  Mileage for court queenbee 1 3,991 11-02-2011, 06:57 PM
  NH mileage re-imbursement for meds ? woodwolf 3 5,688 09-08-2011, 03:05 AM
  IRS mileage increased to .555/mi on 7-1 1171 0 6,068 07-05-2011, 05:17 PM
  mileage? JnetM 6 7,376 02-15-2011, 12:09 PM