Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Back Injury in FLORIDA with more questions
Question 
hello friends ~

since my last post last week, i've been to the dr again. well, the PA......who was really terrific! spent 40 min. with me. imagine that.
what he did though was give me alot of info about what i could do in the next few weeks. exercise, etc. plus he ordered PT for me.
that was it: tips, PT and more medicine.

today i called WC to see if they got the fax he was going to send...they had not yet.

you all, my back is a bit better. pain level at about 3 when i'm doped up..........7 when i'm not. 7 is an improvement.

i cannot believe it's taking so long to get me good enough to go back to work in some capacity. it's depressing big time.

is this normal for them to just let me hanging like this?
i haven't heard a word from any member of management at my job either. i soooooooo wish i knew what they are thinking.

also............i received my first WC check last week. tomorrow is the end of the 3rd week since the injury.
i have not received any more checks.
should i ask WC how they process these checks?
i hesitate to ask.

ANY help you can give me is so welcome. i'm just beginning to understand how WC works. JUST beginning.
thank you, everyone.

Debra

Your checks will come weekly or Bi=weekly. Till you have a problem, I wouldn't worry.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

debra Wrote:i cannot believe it's taking so long to get me good enough to go back to work in some capacity. it's depressing big time.

is this normal for them to just let me hanging like this?
i haven't heard a word from any member of management at my job either. i soooooooo wish i knew what they are thinking.

I understand you are frustrated that you can't go back to work. Your doctor most likely doesn't feel you are ready and doesn't want you to make it worse. A lot of people get released to go back to work and don't feel ready, but don't have a choice if they want to keep their benefits.

Follow what the doctor says. If he doesn't think you're ready, you're probably not. (pain scale of 7 is pretty high)

As far as not hearing from your job, you can call them. Let them know the status of what is going on with the doctor. One of the biggest problems with these cases is communication. Many times an injured worker feels like their employer doesn't care about them and sometimes its just that the employer doesn't know the correct way to handle the situation so they handle it by doing nothing. It ends up creating bad feelings on both sides. And if they are not cooperative when you call, at least you made an effort.

Document EVERYTHING!!! Who, what, when, where and why of all conversations with everyone regarding your claim.

Hang in there.

Bad Boy Bad Boy Wrote:Your checks will come weekly or Bi=weekly. Till you have a problem, I wouldn't worry.

Thanks! I found out last night <via emails now with WC agent> what to expect. More about that email in the next thread...........

[quote=kate]

I understand you are frustrated that you can't go back to work. Your doctor most likely doesn't feel you are ready and doesn't want you to make it worse. A lot of people get released to go back to work and don't feel ready, but don't have a choice if they want to keep their benefits.
Follow what the doctor says. If he doesn't think you're ready, you're probably not. (pain scale of 7 is pretty high)

Sad i know, kate. Sad oh wait! pain scale....not 7, it's about 5. geez.

As far as not hearing from your job, you can call them. Let them know the status of what is going on with the doctor. One of the biggest problems with these cases is communication. Many times an injured worker feels like their employer doesn't care about them and sometimes its just that the employer doesn't know the correct way to handle the situation so they handle it by doing nothing. It ends up creating bad feelings on both sides. And if they are not cooperative when you call, at least you made an effort.

i've had to go into HR once a week to give dr's paperwork to a member of management. no one yet has asked me how i'm doing, except a few co-workers.
i know they're very busy......so.
but in the email from the WC agent last night, he asked me if the store has contacted me about filling out LEAVE OF ABSENCE docs. !!!!
no, they have not. he said that they want these done ASAP.
i had no idea that they wanted this.

would it be a good idea for me to even proceed with an LOA????
why is this being so important all of a sudden?

Document EVERYTHING!!! Who, what, when, where and why of all conversations with everyone regarding your claim.

hahaha! i AM doing just that. i tend to write everything down....been doing it forever. but now more so than ever........my memory is sooooo bad.

thank you all for your feedback. i appreciate you so much.

deb

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CA Lower Back Injury Settlement back2036 3 654 10-26-2019, 07:26 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Florida - Worker comp injury Remymartin74 3 1,052 10-05-2018, 06:49 PM
  North Carolina Back Injury HurtCarolina 1 1,389 07-07-2017, 01:49 AM
  Back Injury Settlement backprobs 6 7,002 09-30-2015, 02:48 AM
Last Post: California_Help
  Back injury LPallet 2 3,212 04-23-2015, 02:08 PM
Last Post: dolphins
  Back Injury - Georgia Employer is forcing me to return to full duty nitto85 1 3,637 04-04-2015, 08:07 PM
  Back Injury...pls help aceiam 8 7,414 04-02-2015, 09:07 PM
Last Post: aceiam
  questions about knee injury in NJ jeter06emt 3 3,307 03-18-2015, 09:55 PM
Last Post: WCAdjuster
  several year injury- got questions on settling case blahblahblacksheep 2 3,171 03-05-2015, 11:58 AM
  Back Injury Workers Comp. tjones288 9 14,086 09-12-2014, 01:59 PM
Last Post: Robby