Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Court rules suicide is compensable under workers comp
I hesitated to post this link, didn't seem to fit the Off Topic criteria, as it hits close to home for many here but it does break new ground in workers comp law. It will be interesting to see watch other states response as these cases are not uncommon.

http://www.workforce.com/section/00/arti.../67/58.php

so many of us has been almost to that point on here I wonder how many out there cant find a support system like this one to keep then going?
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

I can see it happen with ease to many. As Jayne said, a support group fits in real well.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

I can certainly understand how that can happen. The wc system puts a toll on people's lives and do not understand how much depression they cause us, and deny us medical , and pain meds. Without being able to work, and lose everything we work so hard for, slowly one thing at a time. I know I have thought about it myself, but could not hurt the ones I love. I will not give WC the satisfaction.
carpal tunnel recurrence/ neuropathy / RSD.
1/29/07 injury date. Permanent. PIR settlement 8/4/08 10%

As a Fact I know this Happens! My Sisters Husbands son from a previous marrige was struck by lightning at work.He could not work because of this.Had been going through this work comp mess for quite awhile.He commited Suicide 2 weeks ago in Colorado.

May he rest in peace.

I just wish adjusters could understand what we go thru.....I know in many cases their hands are tied but I think if an adjuster knows that their client is suicidial and they do kill them selves and the adjuster did nothing to try and get them help then the adjuster should be held liable...

Jayne, I had read in some recent court procedures where injured workers and home owners have been sueing these Adjustors.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

good deal.... would make them a bit more shall we say compassionate in their dealings with a IW if they knew they were going to be held responsiable for their actions

I know I see things differently than others at times, and I read this the day it was published but didn't post it because I have mixed feelings. Yes, I agree, many IWs have committed suicide; and then many many more have attempted, or seriously considered suicide. Myself included.

However, my first thoughts were geeeze louise, now the IC is compensating suicide. Doesn't that just give the green light to those who are on the edge BUT hesitate to take their life because they know their families won't receive a dime from WC if they do?

OK, now I know if I commit suicide, my family will be taken care of; so what's stopping me. I'm not sure this is ethical to allow someone to kill themselve.

Haven't we all said at one time or another, the IC would rather we die than to fix us? Think about it.

Just my humble opinion. Tongue Tongue
Let Go, and Let God......

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Workers Comp and Social Sercurity Disability? PanthersRowell 45 42,578 03-11-2021, 03:35 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Do I still get workers comp if I've been laid off? AlexWhite 2 2,000 11-04-2020, 08:19 PM
Last Post: mattlewis
  Workers comp overpayment notice for California Angnava17 4 2,180 09-04-2020, 06:06 AM
Last Post: Sang15512
  Should essential workers automatically qalify for comp if theyhave covid-19? 1171 4 3,992 05-29-2020, 03:29 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  California give essential workers comp presumption.... 1171 0 2,144 05-07-2020, 12:50 PM
  Workers Comp, BC/BS and Medicare wguage52 27 17,783 04-10-2020, 05:48 PM
  house arrest while out on workers comp msb2020 2 1,988 01-12-2020, 07:56 PM
  Achilles Repair. Workers comp question... Go Cowboys! 3 2,643 09-26-2019, 08:59 PM
Last Post: California_Help
Question Workers Comp settlement in NJ eclark16 9 4,409 09-20-2019, 12:42 PM
Last Post: eclark16
  Workers Comp Disputing Medical Bills gamora77 1 2,334 03-15-2019, 11:22 PM