Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fall From Ladder
Sorry to say, but I have never seen a approval done in such a short time. I beg you if this does happen with the grace of God, to please let us know. For it would sure be a breaking story for many to then read here.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Ramps are not indicated or necessary in the immediate post hospital phase but other home needs, hospital bed, bedside commode, hoem nursing and home PT, ambulette services etc etc can happen as part of the hospital discharge planning process as floor case managers are in charge of these details and will and do coordinate home care or transfer to a SNF, etc. They would be dealing directly with the payors and if the claim is being recognized for the conditions requiring this level of post hospital support it is provided. It's a different matter altogether when the IW is already hoem and jsut having some problems etc. Hope so here.

Looks like she will be able to attend the wedding.. They are going to let her leave the hospital for the day and return that night.. Not sure if they will send anyone with her yet.
Cervical Fusion 2003, c5-c6. Herniated and damaged Disc L1- L4-L5 S1. Lumbar Spinal Cord stimulator implant 09-2008. Cervical ACDF revision with hardware c4-c5-c6-c7 Sept 2009.
SSDI approved 3-2010. NOW OFFICIALY RETIRED

Right now plans are to get this lady to the rehersal dinner on Friday night. and probably return her to the Hospita that night. the next day plans are to take her to have her hair done with all the rest of the wedding party females. then on to the wedding and finish the day out with the wedding reception on Sat night... and return her to the hospital again. They have assigned a case nurse manager to her case and she told her that she would see that she would attend all the functions of her sons wedding.. We are all anxious to see how this nurse case manager pulls this off for her. If she does not pull it off this lady will be devistated. and they it will be time for them to contact my attorney and get her all signed up. She has only been off work for 7 days now and in our state you have to bee off 14 before TTD kicks in and goes back and picks up that first 7 days. So she has no income at this point from WC. I have told them to make sure the dr send in a C9 to get her started on TTD. and then they can see if her short term disability will kick in and pan anything. Her employer gave her a medical leave of absent form but it was for a FMLA for 12 weeks. I do not hope her emp. plans on termiateing her at the end of those 12weeks as she is one of the longest standing employees for this store. We will have to wait and see.. and very curious how long WC will approve for her to stay in the hospital. Since there is no way she can care for herself at home. since her arm is broken and had the surgrey on the busted up knee.. it takes 3 nurses to get her out of bed to go to the potty. and she can not put any weight on that leg for at least 6 to 8 weeks. I remember when my wife broke her humerus she was not allowed to even take the sling off for at least 6 weeks. Imagine haveing a broken humerus and a screwed up leg both on the same side of the body and the same time. Visited her in the hospital and guess when she fell she also hit her head and now has head aches.. they took her down for a MRI on friday. I would love to see how it reads. I just pray that when her knee heals that whe wll be able to walk again.
Cervical Fusion 2003, c5-c6. Herniated and damaged Disc L1- L4-L5 S1. Lumbar Spinal Cord stimulator implant 09-2008. Cervical ACDF revision with hardware c4-c5-c6-c7 Sept 2009.
SSDI approved 3-2010. NOW OFFICIALY RETIRED

Hospital stay would usually be short with transfer to a SNF after a week or two. All up to the discharge planner and the rehab Dr.

This is Jerryc's wife:

As far as people wanting info and to interview her right away, that doesn't suprise me. When Jerry had his fall from the cell tower in March 07, his supervisor showed up at the hospital saying he had to have a statement from him for the investigation. It took several tries to get him to understand that he was on a respirator and heavily sedated ( which meant that he couldn't talk even if he was concious - which he wasn't for several days). The WC insurance carrier even called the ICU room asking to speak to him - DUH!

Sound like they are looking at inpatient rehab type hospitalization which is god especially is needing assistance and non-ambulatory, Jerry had to do that for 2 weeks until he could adapt to doing some of the daily tasks with his injuries and until we could get all the equipment set up at home ( ramp, bed, wheelchair, shower chair, grab bars etc. Hopefully the nurse case manager is a good one, ours has been fairly worthless Sad

As complicated as an injured arm and leg on the same side of the body is, an injured arm and leg on opposite sides of the body was even more difficult plus broken ribs and spinal fratures - there was no "good side"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fall and Concussion at work...settlement??? metalpyro 1 10,606 03-02-2014, 02:37 AM
Last Post: 1171
  Slip and fall causing a burn burnedinkc 1 2,895 03-20-2013, 03:44 PM
  Would the following fall under worker's comp? Chilliwack 1 3,487 01-28-2012, 01:42 PM
  Need Advice - Slip & Fall inj. tomnj41 6 6,404 03-09-2010, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy
  Fell off a ladder painintheneck 6 5,868 12-02-2009, 04:44 PM
Last Post: nyyank09
  Posted by greengurl: Falling Of The Ladder MJC 7 5,037 06-27-2009, 09:43 AM
Last Post: capricorn
  Does this fall under workers comp.? CrazyCosmo 9 8,044 05-24-2009, 03:24 PM
Last Post: Manley2
  My Slip & Fall Claim is Confusing To Me! injuredchloe 4 5,347 01-14-2009, 02:35 PM
Last Post: buildergirl1973
Question fall burra 5 4,483 07-08-2008, 08:21 PM
Last Post: Still in Limbo
  a very nice fall wolfsong452 14 8,022 07-02-2008, 08:31 PM
Last Post: wolfsong452