Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finally got my hearing result
There is one idea that I have been told by others ... now that you have been given 10% any lawyer couldnt got any of that money anyways ... only what is above and beyond ... so even chatting with one doesnt mean you are out anything yet ..

Tweety I know I would have the 10% to myself as I did my own case. What I am getting at is, If i go tell a lawyer my story and let's just say I have been given a 15 % instead of the 10, and have been paid for the 10, now i would have to give 20% of the 5 more I just received. To me that is not worth the time loss of work to go to the lawyers, wait for the lawyers, lose contact with my WC adjuster, all for another 5 or 10%. Not to mention getting frustrated through the whole process again. I am content with the 10% and the medical treatments/drs. appts. that I am still having paid for by them. The only thing different is they are not paying my meds and I get 10% for a permanent impairment award. I Thank you for everything Tweety as you have helped me so much on this site, as did others.

As far as the site that I looked at to compare court hearings, I just did a search and found some that were a few years old. http://search.state.mn.us/workerscomp/qu...&col=state
carpal tunnel recurrence/ neuropathy / RSD.
1/29/07 injury date. Permanent. PIR settlement 8/4/08 10%

I know that link above is not my state, but I enjoyed looking at different cases and seeing the outcome. Just do a search on wc court hearing cases, or wc court settlements. It just gave me something to read and find what happened in the end. Alot of them turn out quite a bit the same. Just my opinion. I wish I could find the site I was reading that gave percentage outcomes in the cases. If i do , I will post it

please dont leave just because you have settled we would miss you very much
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

As Bad Boy has Stated, if You are Happy with the Outcome, so are We!! Don't be a Stranger, You are a Very Valuable Person Here, and would be Sadly Missed!Wink

OMG I love this site and all the wonderful , knowledgable people that are here with great advice. Everyone has done so much for me to take my case into my own hands and win a 10% case. I do consider the more I think about it, that 10 % is not the greatest of settlements but really falls into the catagory that most get for injuries such as mine. At least they accepted that and it could of been worse with this IME doctor saying 5 % or 0 %.

I would never even think about not coming to this site. It is a habit of mine to come on here everyday to check in and see how everyone is doing and i can clearly relate to everyones pain, depression and how wc can take a toll on a person and cause depression to no end.

It is amazing how the IC co. got by saying I did not have depression from my injury and that it was something else that caused it. Do they even realize how much depression that they cause us????? I felt the worse whenever I went to my mailbox and seen everything their lawyer was sending to me and the doctor that they paid so much money for to go against my rating.

I think it is time for them to change the wc system and stop these IME doctors that are being paid and accepted as the dr. that was " Most credible" . COUGHHH!!!!!!

Hi Sparkey....I am glad this is over for you and glad you are Ok with the results. As long as you are OK, getting treatment, working and have an income I would say you are ahead of the WC tragedy. I'ts a horrible system that hurts alot of people worse than they already are. To me if you make it through it and have what you need ( your health at least being treated and $$$$$ to support yourself with) You're better off than some. Not to say that I believeyou got a fair shake but things could have been worse. You're been here for alot of us and hope that you will stick around so we can continue to be there for you. You have a bad dx and from what I understand it can go haywire or be controlled. I am wishing you the very best.

CAP

Thank you. My pm doctor is doing her best to keep me in control. Trying the gangloin blocks now, and then maybe a stimulator. I really would like to hear more on people that have them implanted. How is it? Is it noticable? Does it help? Any info would be helpful. Thank you everyone for your support.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  pain management result 1st visit~ sonny1 6 10,762 03-05-2011, 10:00 AM
Last Post: sonny1
  final result- extractions littlenurse54 3 3,547 04-04-2009, 07:26 AM
Last Post: sparkey
  Ime result katicabogar 8 7,799 07-11-2008, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Still in Limbo