Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BBBB storms heading in your direction
Sad 
Look out my friend, it was bad here awhile ago, 60mph winds hail, we have trees down ( big ones ) we are not out of the woods yet, Power is out around me, I am lucky......

And I hear it too, it's a coming soon....Tongue
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Be careful BBBB and Tuffy, please stay safe. It is not storming in my part of the state even though the warnings are posted. Sun is shinning and 85 degrees. Please let us know you are ok.
May God send his angels to hold you in his arms

Safe here on the Wisc line, , has cleared up, The storm warnings are still out, It sure was nasty, it got dark as nite and then the rain and wind hit, I mean it pouredddddddddddd I have a few branches down, and a tree was across the road, it belonged to my neighbor, I never heard it go, The storm was to loud.

BB are you ok???????

It Boomed, it Banged, it rained, it poured, and then it left, and Mr. Sun came back peaking out. Safe here too...Cool
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Glad to hear that all is ok
May God send his angels to hold you in his arms

Wow...you all had fun today didn't you.....I don't mind most storms,but I have been in a few typhoons in Okinawa...We went through one with 140 + miles per hour winds. They have many through typhoon season which starts in November and ends around April. they are really prepared. We had a cement block in front of our house that held a lock that a person attaches there car too when storms start. The cord goes pass the the cement block held into the ground past the ground. Their homes are build with shedders, and all in cememt. I would lay in the bed and read when these storms were flying past us. With the big one described above we were in its eye for 2 days. Then the 2nd side came swirling though. However, the second was not as bad as the first. The eye is very interesting in that their are no birds chirping, etc...it is complete silence. I sort of liked them. Rarely was anyone hurt. Keep safe all...love Red
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.

I was watching tv after work today and a news alert came on. It was alerting us that there was a severe thunderstorm with penny size hail and 60 Mile winds in my area in NH. It was exactly in the same area as I had all my damage from the tornado last week. I thought, this could not be happening again. I have already lost every tree on 9 acres and my house was twisted and now is unstable. I am just wondering why, exactly one week ago that this happened to me, and now is doing it again.

I called my daughter and told her to not trust alerts anymore and to go into the basement away from windows with the kids and stay safe. The lights only flickered there, and everyone was okay. We now have a police man at the end of our driveway due to people being caught stealing copper wire from the power lines and wood from the land. Hope everyone is okay and remember it could happen to you. I never in my life thought a tornado would ever touch down at my house. Stay safe and take precautions!
carpal tunnel recurrence/ neuropathy / RSD.
1/29/07 injury date. Permanent. PIR settlement 8/4/08 10%

Sparkey

Do you have building inspecters or contractors looking at your house to see if it can be stablized?

Thats what we do in Kansas after this type of storm hits.

Yes the building inspector had to come look at the house before we could stay there that night after the storm. But, after looking at the house while we were in there, we saw mortar from the fireplace that was all inside the flu area and you can see light through the sides of the fireplace when you stand looking at it on each side. Also, there is about a 5 inch space between the outside logs where the rooms that were divided you could see right into the rooms where the wall seperated. I don't think by them just walking through real quick that they noticed all that. The insurance co. came through the other day and said it was going to be a very difficult case because of the bowing in the outside logs, wall seperations, etc. It is such a mess and pitty after all the hard work we put into it.

The thing that is getting me through all this is, it has now a beautiful mountain view now that all 9 acres of trees are down and we will build on an addition that has windows all around to sit in and enjoy the view. We were also told now that we would have a much easier time trying to sell with this view as it is beautifullllllllll. Once all the trees are out of the way, and the home is repaired , this should be a great home in a secluded area with plenty of acerage.
carpal tunnel recurrence/ neuropathy / RSD.
1/29/07 injury date. Permanent. PIR settlement 8/4/08 10%

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Storms Manley2 1 2,721 04-12-2015, 10:05 AM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  Storms bronco54501 9 3,744 09-07-2014, 12:30 PM
Last Post: Manley2
  Heading to Kansas City for Todd's Transplant Bummer Knees 12 5,099 09-21-2013, 10:18 AM
  Jayne and the Oklahoma storms Bummer Knees 4 2,532 05-22-2013, 09:58 AM
Last Post: Cervical_Fusion
  Tornado's, t-storms and the ice age. bronco54501 10 6,295 04-25-2013, 10:36 AM
Last Post: bronco54501
  Heading back to my old job. bodybuilder1958 4 2,018 03-20-2013, 05:34 PM
  I be a heading home shortly bodybuilder1958 3 2,217 04-30-2011, 08:26 PM
Last Post: sweet tooth
  Kansas storms! Bummer Knees 1 2,555 09-20-2010, 11:31 PM
Last Post: sultanmg
  Tuffy-BBBB hurt at work 17 6,323 02-11-2010, 07:06 PM
Last Post: RNvic
  Heading for a settlement/auto Bummer Knees 30 11,615 08-09-2009, 09:32 PM
Last Post: vickinat