Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I have just a couple general questions about WC
1. I have my EMG on the 28th. If it is determined that there is nerve damage or something along that line, and then I have surgery to fix it, does that close the case?

2. After I get my wrist issue resolved there is a good chance that I will be seeking other employment for several reasons, one being that it doesn't re-occur. In my job, there is only one thing to do. Also, I want to get closer to home and go back to school.

3. Do I have to stay at this job if it doesn't fix it?

4. I am starting to fill the same type of twinges in my left non-dominant wrist, but they are not really much and only occasional, but how the right one started out a year ago. If I change jobs and the left one just gets worse, what do I do?

5. What is IC? When do you need a lawyer? Do you always have hearings? Do you always get a settlement for the % disabled? My step-dad got a check for 15% disablility from rotator cuff because Overnight was trying to close out all the WC claims before they fully went UPS.

Thanks in advance for the answers. I am just trying to understand the process. Also, will let me understand some of the other posts that I have been reading. BTW, I am in Ky, if that matters. Kat

1. Depends on whether additional treatment will be needed or there is residule permanent impairment.

3. No you don't have to stay at this job

4. See a doctor to find out what's wrong and what's causing it.

5 IC can be short hand for Insurance Company

6 you need a lawyer when you have a dispute that has to be resolved with the work comp court.

7 you only have hearings when you need a judges decision

8 yes you always get paid impairment benefits for the % disabled?

That's more then a "couple" questions.

Yes your state work comp law matters.
See the guidebook for more details
http://www.labor.ky.gov/NR/rdonlyres/898...forweb.pdf
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Thank you so much for the info and the link. Defenitely some reading material for the next few days. I appreciate the time you took to answer my "couple" questions. Katrina

Workers comp can be complex; a couple questions are never enough.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Labgeek- make sure you let your doctor know that you are have trouble with the other hand and that way it will be put in the records.

As for needing a lawyer - no you don't aways need one but they are worth the cost, there is alot of laws to deal with and they know how to work within them. It is worth interviewing a few, make sure that they are a w/c lawyer, ask questions and don't sign anything until you decide if you need one and get the best.

Keep a record of everything and write who you talked with and what was said. You may need this information at a later time. Get copy of all reports from any doctor you see, including the ER records. Never give your copy, make copies if you need to give them to insurance company, employer, ar lawyer.
May God send his angels to hold you in his arms

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fractured Hip/just want to ask a couple questions 241050 5 2,167 08-01-2017, 07:43 AM
Last Post: smith.daniel@centurylink.net
  Touching bases...And couple questions. broom 3 1,578 02-01-2017, 09:33 AM
Last Post: tbear6410
  Just released by dr., couple questions (NE) Daz 3 3,983 08-04-2010, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy
  general type of question gmnigrl 13 8,614 07-06-2009, 06:06 PM
Last Post: sparkey
  A I G...american general insurance Babebahn 16 12,893 09-23-2008, 05:51 PM
Last Post: Babebahn
  Billed for visit - and a couple questions please mnworker84 6 2,855 06-16-2007, 10:52 AM
Last Post: MJC