Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
refusal to pay weekly comp check
jayne Wrote:your lawyer can help you but you must remember you are not his only client so you must watch out for your self......Keep copys of everything and I mean everything...copys of all Dr notes and ask for a copy of your med records and keep up on it at every doc visit ask for a copy of that days records as soon as they are transcribed to be mailed to you or they may ask you pick it up because I lived so far away mine were faxed to me...you are the one who has to be responsiable for you....get a binder and keep everything some of us have boxes of stuff some have been lucky enough to keep it down to one big binder
Make an extra page with all your mileage each time you send one in send it with a mapquest sheet that tells the mileage from your home to the docs....you simply must be proactive in your own case.....

I fully understand what you're saying....the phone call today proved it. Last night I was really stessing over this and e-mailed the lawyer calling him a pip sqeak and that he needed to do something immediately or he was terminated and I'd notify boilermakers international to keep his name on the do not hire list of attorneys for worker comp cases in Maryland. I still have not been provided with any mileage sheet but keep track of the miles and dates of travel and for what reason. At 58 cents a mile I'd be crazy not to.

Here is what I think;

I think we now must get pass the issue that you did go to work and just sit.

Now, I do think things are going to change, as long as the Adjustor seen the new (No-Work-Slip).

For some reason, it sounds like your Attorney didn't think of this neither, and now has a new change of heart for you.

I think your going to start seeing a change in things now, and checks coming in.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Bad Boy Bad Boy Wrote:Here is what I think;

I think we now must get pass the issue that you did go to work and just sit.

Now, I do think things are going to change, as long as the Adjustor seen the new (No-Work-Slip).

For some reason, it sounds like your Attorney didn't think of this neither, and now has a new change of heart for you.

I think your going to start seeing a change in things now, and checks coming in.

I hope so. I'll keep everyone posted on the call back info.

When you said you were not provided with any mileage sheet, I am confused. From the time of my injury 1 1/2 years ago, noone told me that I get reimbursed for mileage. I took it upon myself to find out through alot of reading of my WC rights and what I am entitled to.

I never had a paper form. I would always fax my mileage on a slip of paper with my claim # and mileage round trip, what dr. I saw, date of appointment, etc. to my claims adjuster.They are suppose to send you the reimbursement within 30 days, or it is a violation and they can be fined for that. I do not know how that works with having a lawyer. I wanted to always be in touch with my wc adjuster and seemed to have a pretty good relationship over the phone etc. That is one thing I can say sort of made me not want a lawyer as I had no trouble with my adjuster giving me approvals. I was never questioned about my mileage to where I needed a Mapquest paper to prove anything, but think it is a GREAT idea to send along with it. This shows that you are honest in what you present to them.
carpal tunnel recurrence/ neuropathy / RSD.
1/29/07 injury date. Permanent. PIR settlement 8/4/08 10%

I don't know if there is a specific state form for Maryland for mileage (I looked, couldn't find one) but if you go to the "State info" at the top of the page and select Florida and then Florida forms, there is a generic form there. Doesn't reference Florida at all so it might be helpful in keeping track. It's about halfway down the forms list, called mileage2.pdf - Mileage Reimbursement Form - N/D

kate Wrote:I don't know if there is a specific state form for Maryland for mileage (I looked, couldn't find one) but if you go to the "State info" at the top of the page and select Florida and then Florida forms, there is a generic form there. Doesn't reference Florida at all so it might be helpful in keeping track. It's about halfway down the forms list, called mileage2.pdf - Mileage Reimbursement Form - N/D

I drafted one out, in word, very similar to the one you referenced. Thanks. Oh, I'm not sure if you read a previous post where it was mentioned about the accessibilty issue and me having crutches and a cast, the lawyer also mentioned that in saying that even that was a reason not to accept any offer of light duty....even though I was not on the same. He said accessibility is an integril part and parcel of meeting a persons light duty restrictions....or in this case no work restrictions.

Not all States pay mileage for anything. Here in Illinois, the only pay mileage for IMEs. They don't pay to go see the doctor, or Therapy.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Sorry. I did remember some states do not pay for dr's appointments, therapy etc. I guess I was pretty lucky that NH pays for that. I even put through mileage to go to a pharmacy that was 50 miles from my home because I had to go back for my medication because it was not approved till the next day. The adjuster paid for it, but finally noticed after when I went to get reimbursed again, and told me they do not reimburse for pharmacy mileage.
carpal tunnel recurrence/ neuropathy / RSD.
1/29/07 injury date. Permanent. PIR settlement 8/4/08 10%

In MD they pay for Doc visits as well as physicial therapy. Not too sure about anything else. Well the lawyer never got back in touch with me today. I don't know if that is good or bad. I did have another MD lawyer call however, one that the local called, and after about 45 minutes on the phone he agreed I had a good case and that the lawyer sat back too long without having pushed for something sooner. He said he had nothing bad to say about my current lawyer but if I elected to dismiss him he would take the case. I sent an e-mail to the paralegal but she too did not respond. I'll call first thing in the morning

One Attorney doesn't slam another Attorney to just get business, unless they seen major faults happening to you. I hope that helps you make your choice. Don't play with attorneys in an early stage, get one you trust now and be done with it. Unions sometimes have better pull to get better attorney's.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Average weekly benefits and taxes adsen 8 5,313 06-28-2016, 04:23 PM
Last Post: WCCvictim
  Average weekly benefits WCCvictim 5 3,570 06-27-2016, 02:19 PM
Last Post: WCCvictim
  Receiving weekly payments Osok 3 3,693 05-14-2015, 11:34 AM
Last Post: Osok
  Is $300 Legal Fees for Every Hearing Supposed to Come Out of My Bi-Weekly Check? Scaffoldrider 1 2,835 08-28-2014, 08:53 PM
Last Post: 1171
Big Grin Compensation Deferred & Average Weekly Wage Award MD Mzkelly82 5 9,322 12-10-2012, 03:52 PM
  Final workers comp check delay? skyfire322 3 7,223 05-21-2012, 07:26 PM
  weekly rate redsoxfan 30 27,454 04-26-2012, 11:54 AM
Last Post: bronco54501
  weekly benefits ccssmm 1 2,896 01-18-2010, 03:41 PM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy
Sad no check since August and lied to by employer and work comp company as to why ecvq28dh 5 6,987 10-10-2009, 07:26 PM
Last Post: ecvq28dh
  average weekly wage for salaried employe hnws2000 3 4,751 12-11-2008, 08:34 PM