Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Texas Non-Covered Employer - HELP!
I'm new to the forum and seeking advice for my mother. My mother is a waitress in a restaurant and was injured at work. She slipped on a wet floor inside the work area while lifiting heavy objects and fractured her hip. She was taken to the hospital and had surgery with potentially 3-6 months of recovery.

I found out that her employer does not have worker's compensation insurance nor any basic health insurance. The employer is a local family owned business - and elected not to take out worker's compensation. Texas does not require employers to have it, but many choose to get coverage. This is going to be all out of pocket...YIKES! Anyone have any experience with a similar situation?

I'm thinking about seeking legal counsel - especially due to the type of injury, her age, and ability to continue in the line of work even after the 6 months of recovery. Any recommendations for legal counsel in the DFW area especially working with disadvantaged minority groups would be helpful as well. I'm just trying to get my mom the coverage she needs.

well my opinion is get a lawyer now....sounds like a civil suit pending
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

8641, just what is disadvantaged minority groups suppose to mean?

Let me see, true fact here. I am white, Polish Irish Italian, German and or so on. I had a Great Great Great Grandfather and he was also (white in color) who was in Prision, in Texas back in his days. He was then sold as a Slave. This should qualife me as a disadvantaged minority, and I should be offered benefits under the Slavery provsions of being a known family member to a Slave.

Is this what that means?
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Your only choice is to get a lawyer. That is why most employers pay for the wc insurance, they do not want to be sued. Unfortunately there is no quick fix. And you cannot get blood out of a turnip, I hope the restaurant is solvent enough to pay up. Talk to a lawyer asap

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Final Notice from W/C Medication not covered Babebahn 8 3,947 01-25-2017, 06:42 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  MSA projected Medicare Covered Items casual1 1 2,119 11-26-2012, 01:54 PM
Last Post: dtails
  Complex Meniscus Tear and Arthritis=WC Covered Total Knee Replacement allison 5 17,663 04-02-2011, 11:57 AM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  Is any on job injury covered by workmans comp? maxpowers 1 2,887 07-11-2009, 07:21 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Am I covered under WC? JohnC 11 12,732 04-30-2009, 11:16 AM
Last Post: Cycler
MyBB Help...will this injury be covered under wc? healingnurse 27 17,469 08-31-2008, 03:45 AM
Last Post: sparkey
  quitting, still covered? paintballpunk 3 3,454 03-22-2008, 11:31 AM
Last Post: paintballpunk
  what is covered by wc cchovanec1@yahoo.com 4 3,442 02-19-2008, 01:08 PM
Last Post: sparkey
  covered while driving to work manlyman 6 12,865 02-12-2008, 01:21 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Still covered ? Brad 3 3,002 12-14-2007, 05:10 PM
Last Post: AQA