Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
wc disability/social security disability
ok,wc has me as perm. disabled,seems like as long as wc has disabled me getting social securityto qualify me should be a no-brainer,is this how it works ? by the way the state is CA.also 61 yrs. old

hello my friend and welcome if you would post your state this will help you get the info you need as someone will be along to answer that for you.and trust me you will get some info there are people here from all over you picked a very very good place to come for info.
Each day is not a rite,it's a given.

no.
workers comp is under state regulation and it's definition of disability is very different from the federal social security regulations.
generally permanent disability under state is partial while social security is only available if you can't work anywhere. very few with state impairment benefits also qualify for social security. you should review their web site starting here
http://www.socialsecurity.gov/pubs/10018.html
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Hi Coach, and Welcome to the Forum! I want to Say Yes to Your Question, but w/c and the SSA Use Totally Different Guidelines on How they Qualify Individuals as Disabled. W/C bases Your Disability on Your Work Place Injury Only, while the SSA Uses Your Whole Body, and All Health Issues You May have. So I would Say You Probably Stand a Very Good Chance of being Approved, so if it's been More than 6 mos. after Your Injury, go ahead and Apply, and Best of Luck and keep Us Informed!!Smile

There is really nothing to add. SSA and WC are different programs. I will add to what STILL IN LIMBO posted. If you have been off work for six months and your condition is going to keep you from working for at least a year. Then I would apply. The road to SS can be a long one or a short one. I have never heard of anyone being penalized for applying.
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system. 

Hi.
Here's a great site....check it out prior to applying.
Good Luck. LillySmile

http://www.disabilitysecrets.com/
Injured worker, & tired of it all! I'm too old for games!!

A careless word may kindle strife, a cruel word may wreck a life, a timely word may level stress, and a loving word may heal and bless!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  P&S with restrictions but no disability rating. What? 1 Hurt nurse 97 33,685 07-14-2018, 01:55 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Permanent disability rating and settlement jennifernd 14 65,840 12-19-2017, 02:31 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Disability Rating question -lumbar spine 57% RootsGal 14 6,533 12-10-2017, 06:13 PM
Last Post: RootsGal
  When will I be given a disability rating? Kaii23 1 1,687 09-02-2017, 10:37 AM
  what to expect from duty disability ime queenlee 4 1,950 02-06-2017, 09:45 AM
Last Post: queenlee
  Partial Permanent Disability W/CPTclaim 1 3,448 01-01-2017, 10:30 AM
  Can Total Temporary Disability checks stop without the final written QME report? cainjuredworker 14 8,199 11-12-2016, 06:40 PM
Last Post: bugmann
  Disability overpaid my WC benefits...CA BB019 2 1,740 10-05-2016, 05:40 PM
  NC - perm partial disability - multiple MDs to rate the part for different Dx HeyNowNC 3 2,714 07-31-2016, 01:02 PM
  California-No disability benefits now defense wants to depo AME CRPS485 2 2,003 07-27-2016, 03:09 PM