Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Work Comp Case is Settled!!
After 4 + years my case finally settled this afternoon. My attorney dealt directly with the insurance company. My case manager didn't want my attorney to deal with their attorney anymore so they have been negotiating back and forth for the past week or so. I got a call last night from my voc. rehab person who told me that my appointment for Thursday has been cancelled because my case has been settled and I said that I didn't hear that from my lawyer. My lawyer called me 3 times yesterday asking me if I would accept the offer from the insurance company. Originally I thought the case would settle out of trial for $250,000 or so. But I wasn't far off we settled for $222,000 and the insurance company is funding the medicare set aside 100% beside my settlement whatever medicare tells them they need to fund. We could have gone to trial for a wage differential award but that means weekly payments and if something should happen to me the payments stop. At least with a lump sum up front I know that I will get the money now. My attorney now is drawing up the contracts with the proper language so my social security disability won't be affected. The insurance company said they will continue paying me my weekly TTD checks until the Arbritrator signs off on the contracts. Then I have to notify Social Security that I am off Work Comp checks so my disability checks will be refigured. I have no idea what the medicare set aside will be but my monthly drug usage is around $1500.00.

This is great news, now you will be able to make plans and get on with your life. Looks like Illinois is finally getting it together for some of us. I settled a few months ago also. I hope you are happy with your settlement. And Good Luck.

Illinois;

MaW, I don't know who your Attorney is, but let me tell you this. I'm settling for the wage differential award and that will be a Lump Sum. For I have refused the payments in the past, and with proper explanation to them through my Attorney they know where I now stand. I have not been in a trail, nor been before the judge for any of my settlement issues. I had been cut off from the IC since 2004. Been trying to settle since. Only time is on my side.

But, anyway, if your happy with your settlement, then I say God Bless you.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Congratulations Maw!! Now You can start a New Chapter in Your Life, and I can't be Any Happier for You!!SmileSmile

That is wonderful. It is great when we can read some good news every now and thenWink. I wish you and your family all the very best in the future.

maw19531 Wrote:After 4 + years my case finally settled this afternoon. My attorney dealt directly with the insurance company. My case manager didn't want my attorney to deal with their attorney anymore so they have been negotiating back and forth for the past week or so. I got a call last night from my voc. rehab person who told me that my appointment for Thursday has been cancelled because my case has been settled and I said that I didn't hear that from my lawyer. My lawyer called me 3 times yesterday asking me if I would accept the offer from the insurance company. Originally I thought the case would settle out of trial for $250,000 or so. But I wasn't far off we settled for $222,000 and the insurance company is funding the medicare set aside 100% beside my settlement whatever medicare tells them they need to fund. We could have gone to trial for a wage differential award but that means weekly payments and if something should happen to me the payments stop. At least with a lump sum up front I know that I will get the money now. My attorney now is drawing up the contracts with the proper language so my social security disability won't be affected. The insurance company said they will continue paying me my weekly TTD checks until the Arbritrator signs off on the contracts. Then I have to notify Social Security that I am off Work Comp checks so my disability checks will be refigured. I have no idea what the medicare set aside will be but my monthly drug usage is around $1500.00.

hi Maw!
I'm very happy for you to finally get this over & done with!
Now you can relax, and set your sights on the futureSmile
Good going!!!! LillySmile
Injured worker, & tired of it all! I'm too old for games!!

A careless word may kindle strife, a cruel word may wreck a life, a timely word may level stress, and a loving word may heal and bless!

congrats maw thats awsome news.its gotta feel good im very happy for you,i wish you and ur family a happy new start on life.
Each day is not a rite,it's a given.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Settling a work comp claim in Arizona Kosmo 2 672 02-24-2021, 02:09 AM
Last Post: gustavowoltmann
  What to settle first work comp or personal injury - NY sickofpain2020 1 895 11-11-2020, 07:58 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Can Work Comp Appeals Board order retirement? Amanda15 6 4,463 06-24-2020, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Amanda15
  Work comp adjuster changing doctors CA kibby 12 4,906 06-13-2019, 12:37 PM
Last Post: richard_girling
Shy Work related/induced stress & workers comp heartworkerNC 7 8,291 02-20-2019, 08:16 AM
Last Post: TerryLewis
  ust now Can I quit my job and do freelance work during workers comp? caworkerscompqs 1 2,140 01-30-2019, 04:32 PM
  Drawing umemployment off your work comp Bets 8 3,766 01-12-2019, 02:41 PM
Last Post: tbear6410
  Work Comp Lien with Fradulent Amounts samistheman 5 6,402 10-29-2018, 05:10 PM
  NY WORK COMP BOARD EXPANDING DRUG FORMULARY.... 1171 0 1,407 10-24-2018, 02:10 PM
  King Vs Comp Partners Ca case Shadow 1 881 08-24-2018, 11:15 AM