Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
backpay!!!

Oh Sparkey....I can totally relate to where you are body and mind. I also tried a Chronic pain counselor who had been through numerous surgeries due to an auto accident. She told me I was taking the wrong meds (although she wsn't a Dr.) and picked on everyone in my family. I needed help on getting it together and starting over with so many injuries. She gave me a few ideas but after a couple of sessions I dreaded going. That being said. I am always amazed at how different we all react to meds. My PM DR> tried Cymbalta for pain and it did nothing but I remembered not having any side effects and having a lighter mood. When the depression hit I mentioned it to my PCP and have been taking 20 mg. for about 4 months now. It's the only anti-depressant I have ever taken that didn't cause me to blow up. I sleep good, and am just mellow. Not jumping up and down adn I still once in awhile get a down day or two but it's better than some of the others I've taken. I hate to see you walkng around depressed and also please be careful just stopping this. Do you know how to wean yourself off of it?

I have gained 40-45 pounds in the two years since being injured. Alot of steroids, lack of physical activity, quitting smoking, menopause. Have all contributed in changing my body totally. I hated it for a long time , then finally accepted it. I am a little person and now a little round person. LOL Please try to cheer up about the body image. I know it's hard but you have bigger fish to fry. I am also getting letter after letter from the attorney for the IC. My case is drawing to an end and it's every other day something else that makes me nervous adn my attorney is on vacation. Try to pick yourself up and go to this party. It might do you good to get out. God bless.

Feel better.
CAP

Sparkey, I think all of us can understand the weight gain. I have gained about 40 pounds in the last couple years, there is nothing that I can do to get ride of it.
Please talk with your doctor before just stopping medications, as for not helping with the depression he may need to try something else. I take Effexor XR and that helps with the pain as well as the depression.
Know we keep you in our prayers and are here for you.

Tinkerbell
May God send his angels to hold you in his arms

Thank you all. I stopped the cymbalta before also. It has never helped with the nerve pain and certainly did not help with depression. I did not take any yesterday and felt alittle more active. I will say that my depression was so bad, that when hubby left for the party, i went back to bed at 11am. I then got up and went on the internet and saw a dachshund. The breeder was just down the street from me. Silly me called and went down and bought him. Spent 750.00 like it was water. Funny thing is, It seemed to have lifted me alittle. He is so cute and only 4 months old.

I thought, this will give me something i have to live for and walk everyday ( exercise), bathe him etc. instead of closing all the curtains in my house and laying in bed feeling sorry for myself. I did not even ask hubby who just saw me give away a dog I bought to my best friend a few months ago because he was to large and was biting the grandkids. He was a real danger to them. This one does not even nip.

I woke this am and said " Omg, i did it again". Bought another animal to care for. Hubby was not to thrilled to say the least. He is not a animal lover, but accepts it cause i want it. I had a dog for 15 yrs and had to put him down 2 yrs. ago in Oct. I think I have been trying to fill my loss of him since he left. The new little member of the family now is " wyatt". Wish me luck : )
carpal tunnel recurrence/ neuropathy / RSD.
1/29/07 injury date. Permanent. PIR settlement 8/4/08 10%

Girl I could have sent you a chicken or somthing alot less work and they eat bugs and lay eggs and if you need a biter I could have sent a goose
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Jayne i had two chickens and one hen and a call duck. I had to get rid of them all before I took the new job far away. I really enjoyed watching them, feeding them etc. I would go out many times a day just to visit with them in the coop. I lost all that when i went back to work. Now i just go to an apartment all week, work, eat, sleep. Not much fun for sure.

Now i have this cute little puppy that does not want to leave my side even to go pee. How can i take him out for a pee if he stays by my legs the whole time??LOL He is such a baby. Gosh i have to bring him to the apartment today and can only imagine how i am going to take him down the stairs to go to the bathroom every half hour cause i am worried he will pee on the rug.....
carpal tunnel recurrence/ neuropathy / RSD.
1/29/07 injury date. Permanent. PIR settlement 8/4/08 10%

litter box train him I had a chihuahua litter box trained it was awesome
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Funny that you should mention that...I just saw litter boxes for dogs at the pet store. I had never heard of that...but may be just what you need. Just remember, if he starts using the litter box, as a puppy, you may have a hard time potty training him when he gets bigger.

I hope you are strating to feel a little bit better. Have you noticed that your depression is any better or worse, being off the meds.?

Sparkey,

I am also fighting depression for about two years now and without any type of medication. The reason I don't go insane is my big 100 lbs dog who needs lots of exercise/walking and when I start walking, my mood lifts right away. Even if I don't feel like getting out and walk, I force myself because of my dog and start feeling better right away. I also have a cat, who sleeps by my feet and she looks at me like I am her god. My two little grandkids also help fighting depression, but I found Nature to be the best healer. Whenever I get a chance, I get out to the woods/mountains/lakes and I am in heaven. Also when I was working, we went for walks in breaks and even at lunchtime with some of the co-workers and it really helped dealing with stress. I also gained some weight since I am not working, but not too much, only about 14 lbs, some of them due to I quit smoking. I am a true believer in walking, rain or shine, with or without a dog, it clears my mind and keeps me fit.
Try it, you will see, you don't need any drug to feel better in your mind or body. I thank God everyday that although I am in lots of pain and limited using my arms/hands, at least I am still able to walk.

Enjoy your puppy.

Kat

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Backpay after Full Commission Appeal VA Bussy 2 4,007 11-10-2013, 02:31 AM
Last Post: Bussy
  what can a attorney recieve from your backpay? DANIELLE38 20 24,797 11-16-2010, 11:13 AM
Last Post: Timothy Belt
  workmans comp backpay jthom08 1 6,787 07-27-2009, 10:00 AM
Last Post: 1171
  backpay ssdi screwup halftrak 3 3,115 06-21-2007, 07:55 AM
Last Post: capricorn