Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
guess they win
Well gang............after a long six months here and still waiting I have decided I have to give up and find a job. This isn't what I want to do but HAVE to do.
It's so sad what wc puts us through and I know they want us to quit fighting. I understand now why alot of people do quit fighting them because somehow we have to survive and this is NOT surviving.
Since hubby is disabled I have to carry us through and after having lost everything now I decided enough is enough. My nerves can't take anymore worrying about how we can pay bills and how im going to be able to buy food tomorrow.
Guess it finally took me getting really pissed and fed up to make this decision.
Although I dont maybe post alot I am always here and you are all in my thoughts and prayers everyday!!!!

risingeagle- understand the need to return to work, if you can find a job make sure it is within your restrictions. If you fail to inform a new employer of the restrictions and you get hurt or increase your injury they can refuse to pay as it is prior injury and failure to disclose could cost your job.

Have you talked with you lawyer and asked why you are not recieving benefits? Has he filed for hearing date? Go to public aide. If you fall in guide lines then they will help. Also check with local food bank, church, Goodwill, Cathloic charity, Salvation arm, all have help available.

As for the nerves- talk with your doctor as help is available.

You will be in my prayers, that thing work out for the best.

Tinkerbell
May God send his angels to hold you in his arms

Eagle, I have followed Your Case for quite a while, and I know the Situation You are in! It's O.K. to find a Job within Your Restrictions, it's not Giving Up, it's just Surviving! RNVic is Right on the Money about the Places to look for Aide, and Please whatever You do STAY Within those Restrictions!! It May seem a long Way Off, but You are a Fighter and Trust me, it May seem Dark Now, but the Sun will Shine Again!! You Hang Tough, You may feel down now, but if You stay Vigilant You will get what You Rightfully Deserve! My Very Best to You, and Please don't be such a Stranger!!Wink

I understand your pain rising.I am also having alot of trouble working one handed. Dominant hand being the one injured. I suffer everyday and still make it to work.When I am in pain, i stop and take a break. I go home for lunch as it is nearby and put my tens unit on for a hour.

I am so sorry this has happened to you. I really think you should be put at MMI and ask the doctor for a rating. You are entitled to a settlement for damages. Do not give up, as they will win and get what they wanted all along. Take care of yourself and do what you have to do for work to survive, but please take it easy and do not injure it more. Stay within them restrictions incase it does not work out. I am so sorry to hear this has happened to you. You are in my prayers that all this works out. I am fighting in court tomorrow pro-se and will be doing this for everyone on this website. I will not give up and they can abuse me verbally all they want tomorrow. This is my hearing for my medication and rating dispute. Please keep me in your prayers. I may need them. If it gets to difficult tomorrow, I will ask for legal help and go back at a later time. I am not giving up.
carpal tunnel recurrence/ neuropathy / RSD.
1/29/07 injury date. Permanent. PIR settlement 8/4/08 10%

Angel, they didn't win. Not one sole wins in this system. Even if you must find work, the case continues on. Your hand is being forced to pay bills, and put food on the table. Keep records of this. For there is going to be a day where you will explain what you had to do, and it could be found with in proper reason.

In the mean time, good luck...
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

I agree with BadBoy, there are no winners or losers in this system. We do what we have to do to survive, and making those decisions you are struggling with is so very hard. I feel for you.

Maybe working will be good for you, if you can find a job within your restrictions. Like you said yourself, you are killing yourself worrying about the bills, etc., etc. Working at a job that treats you well will build up your self-esteem and provide many good things to your life.

Just be very careful so you don't re-injure yourself.

In the meantime, while waiting for a job and a paycheck, look to the assistance listed that nurseRN has posted.

I wish you the best!
Let Go, and Let God......

risingeagle222,
>>>>You are only doing what it takes to BE a survivor by seeking employment. The other option you have is to REMAIN a victim of the W/C system and allow your very existance to be taken from you while doing nothing to fight back. I'm pretty sure you do not choose the second option or you would not be part of this forum. Hang in there, do whatever you need to do to be a survivor and not a victim. Stay with in you restrictions and keep moving forward!
Nothing changes when nothing changes

Thank you all for your kind words. I will keep you posted on job hunting!!
It just shouldn't have to come down to all this.

I have been reading this post with a broken heart. This system is the worst. A person deserves to be as healthy as possible. I don't even know what to say except I believe that BB and CC said it all. Best Wishes risingeagle222..and good luck on finding a job. Love Red
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.

Hint;
If lQQking for work, I would then suggest to you to look into Border patrol, Park rangers, and jobs like that. Their paying well right now, and are the most available now also.

Good luck....

http://www.charity-charities.org/index.htm
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  guess who is in ga sweet tooth 8 6,516 11-08-2011, 06:35 PM
Last Post: red1030
  Care to guess who's political ad showed this??? AQA 4 5,396 11-17-2010, 10:17 AM
Last Post: jayne
Toungue Guess who I ran into?? capricorn 6 6,410 04-18-2010, 04:35 PM
Last Post: bronco54501
  Guess what I seen this morning..??? bronco54501 2 3,268 03-19-2010, 08:53 PM
Last Post: bronco54501
  Good news I guess capricorn 6 4,862 03-06-2010, 03:48 PM
Last Post: capricorn
  Can you guess who this is going to be backache 54 20,060 02-06-2010, 08:29 PM
Last Post: red1030
Sad well, I guess it's happened "Addiction" Lilly 56 36,124 01-19-2010, 08:49 AM
Last Post: Cycler
  My Beautiful Paintings by the One and Only! Guess who!!! Wink 8 5,621 12-28-2009, 02:09 PM
Last Post: sweet tooth
  GUESS WHO? Wink 12 8,261 02-05-2009, 07:58 PM
Last Post: sparkey
  Guess I am a little slow...... Bummer Knees 10 7,212 09-24-2008, 08:47 AM
Last Post: Bummer Knees