Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hearing
i was wondering if anybody knows how long it takes to get a hearing. my attorney filed for 1 in nc in april,07 have not got one scheduled yet

15 months seems a bit excessive but it all depends on each judges and courts calendar. I suspect they schedule different issues differently. you might consult another atty in case this one is not as forth comming.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

I had 1 hearing that took 9 months and another that took 6 months and I am in VA.

It appears in my area that it takes about 8 months for the first one, then it could be 3-6 months. I'm with 1171. 15 months is ridiculous. I would definitely question it.

CAP

Mine came awfully quick. I was notified that due to my rating difference in opinions with the IME doctor and my doctor, that the lawyers for the wc insurance co. needed to apply for a hearing of dispute.

One week later I got a notice , it was exactly 1 month to the day I got my notice.I had exactly one month to gather my information and submit to all parties. Maybe each state is different. This one was really quick. I barely had enough time to get notes from my doctors disputing the IME rating and use of medications. I am in NH.
carpal tunnel recurrence/ neuropathy / RSD.
1/29/07 injury date. Permanent. PIR settlement 8/4/08 10%

In TN they have 30 days to schedule from request of Hearing. But it is not in court. All go thru the Labor Board.
Always believe in yourself. No matter how much some people will make you doubt yourself.

daveduke- Have you called your lawyer to find out what is the hold up? If not that would be the first thing then go from there, if he gives you a run around find a new lawyer and send a letter the first and fire him.

Tinkerbell
May God send his angels to hold you in his arms