Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Medications
I also lawyered up because of an extremely nasty IC case manager. SHE was the only reason, and actually needed to be fired IMO. I can't believe the IC would employ a person that treats people in such a manner. Must be they never listened in, on some of her telephone conversations...that's all they had to do to become aware of her antics.
Lilly
Injured worker, & tired of it all! I'm too old for games!!

A careless word may kindle strife, a cruel word may wreck a life, a timely word may level stress, and a loving word may heal and bless!

Sparkey,
I understand that you have done all of this on your own so far without a lawyer, but just a suggestion, Call a few for a free consult, explain as much as possible and see what you can find out. You may be able to have the hearing post-poned to another date in order to obtain councel. I don't know for sure but it wouldn't hurt to find out. If you do decide to continue representing yourself, I wish you the best and hope that you win. I know that you are well prepared with your documents and medical opinions but I wish that you had a lawyer, so that you are not taken advantage of or not informed of all of your rights. Please keep us posted.
Love
vickie

Thank you. It is in a few days. I pretty much am on my own. All I can do is tell it the way it is, has been, since my injury. It pretty much is a just go and hope for the best situation right now. Hope that I come across well, and represent myself to the fullest.

Has anyone else been in my situation without a lawyer for a hearing on their rating/medications? I had exactly a one month notice of my hearing. Things are moving so fast. Sometimes I think that if I did have a lawyer, things might not be going so fast. I like the fact that I got to be 100% involved in my treatment and kept good communications with the adjuster.

No matter the outcome of the hearing, I know I did my best to represent myself. My goal is to keep fighting to get myself to the best I can, and accept the way I am. I know in my heart what I have lost with this injury, I will not give up. I will keep everyone informed. At least there will be someone that has a situation without representation, and I will be one to give advice on how that felt after all is said and done.
carpal tunnel recurrence/ neuropathy / RSD.
1/29/07 injury date. Permanent. PIR settlement 8/4/08 10%

Sparkey>>>This is JMO. I have an attorney. That was my choice. I hired him before I knew if the IC would accept/deny my claim. This is my 5th WC claim with same employer. I injured 5 body parts this time and knew that day that if I continued to lift the way I had for 20 years something horrible would happen. I was right. I am still over 2 years later no where near healed as I did very rapidly with the first 4 claims. How many times can you injure a back, knee , before they are irreparable as I am. I am not a surgical candidate. nothing can be fixed so this is something I must accept. So it was never a money issue with me as to whether or not to hire an attorney. I was in too much pain, frightened, sad, etc. to deal with this on my own. I feel as if I paid my attorney to take the burden off of me and he has. We are all different.

The fact that you have been so involved in your case from day 1 is a good thing. Honesty. That's all you can do. I don't believe any Judge would bite you or allow another attorney to bite you. Most Judges can tell by hearing an IW testify if they are credible or not. Keep in mind that's what your hearing sits on. Evidence. Your Dr.s, yours and the IC's. I will be praying all is positive for you.

CAP

hi sparkey
in a civil suit i had against my exemployer all i heard the whole time was why did you not look for work,why are you going for ssd and this suit had nothing to do with wc at all.the other lawyer acted like i was faking all my problems.it sounded like he was trying a wc case and it wasnt.i just hope they dont do that to you in court.they were trying to put me on the spot and i dont think they ever really listened to a word i said.my lawyer stepped in on several questions and they still kept coming back to the same thing over and over.im just afraid they will try to do that to you or ask you something in away it would be hard for you to answere.i wish you a win for the good team and dont let them get you upset they tried to make me mad and i wouldnt let them get to me.good luck kick some butt for all of use.
Each day is not a rite,it's a given.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Medications compromising covid infections California_Help 1 480 04-03-2020, 10:26 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Be your own advocate with your medications chrischris 5 4,538 01-17-2018, 05:11 AM
Last Post: jadney65
  Cancellation of Medications yyesii209 4 2,189 01-01-2018, 10:25 AM
Last Post: dusty boy
  Fraud With Insurance Company Prescription Medications Scaffoldrider 1 4,947 08-05-2014, 07:05 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Cost of Medications$$$ Spring 21 11,377 05-08-2007, 01:34 PM
Last Post: Spring