Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fish rights
This was on 60 Minutes last nite about the plight of the salmon population. At the very last of this broadcast they were talking about how much money the government had spent trying to turn this self created problem around ($8,000,000,000.00) and the salmon were still dying off. I understand this is very important but, I just wish they would spend a little more TIME AND MONEY trying to fix the W/C system. I honestly believe that if there had been that much money poured into correcting the W/C mess that there would not be near the problems we have and all injured workers would be treated promptly and properly. I guess the moral of this story is that if you are an animal someone will protect your rights unlike being an injured worker.
>> Check out the link below.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/06/2...8581.shtml
Nothing changes when nothing changes

i don't think you realize the size difference between what was spent on the salmon and what's spent on work comp.
one state - california- spent 462 times that $8M amount just on work comp medical in 2007.
and another 400 times it in one year of disability payments.
nationally workers comp spends more on paper clips then was spent on the salmon project.
I doubt 8 million dollars would "fix" work workers comp -- it's too big.
the size difference makes them too difficult to compare.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

OK, I stand corrected, The actual amount spent was 8 billion not 8 million as my edit reflects.

i think he mist the point you were trying to make collateraldamage or took it to heart.either way ur rite if i were a damb animal i would have been taken care of.
Each day is not a rite,it's a given.

Maybe we should sll swim upstream and try to spawn like one big happy family, j/k but LMAO anyway Smile
Please click the link below to help provide food for homeless animals. It's free and only takes a second of your time! Thanks Smile
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

[IMG]http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l298/dominic1964/smokieonbed.jpg[/IMG]

After sleeping on it I feel like I should thank you 1171 for negating the idea I was trying to get across. Not only did I make a mistake on the amont spent on salmon recovery but I did not realize the size difference between the two, but that is all cleared up now. Thank you
hurt at work Smile , you are right on target and thank you monster Smile for adding a bit of humor to a serious subject.

then maybe wc should if a better use for money than 8 million on paper clips.there must be a cheaper way.he,he,he.i bet stapels are cheaper in the long run.8 million in one state might make SOME differance to how things could be done or changed.
Each day is not a rite,it's a given.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bragging rights bodybuilder1958 13 8,021 10-18-2011, 07:15 AM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  give a man a fish hurt at work 14 6,955 03-11-2009, 06:49 AM
Last Post: hurt at work
  Equal Rights CARaven 28 13,111 02-02-2009, 10:03 AM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  Fish Story collateraldamage5591 3 2,933 06-29-2008, 11:08 PM
Last Post: Tuffy
  Drug Testing ( Protect your Rights) Bad Boy Bad Boy 8 5,878 05-10-2008, 11:11 AM
Last Post: red1030