Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tornado touch down
Sad I had to run to Wally World and my pharmacy, While out it got real dark and wind came up. I was just about ready to check out at Wal=Mart when they had an announcement that we were under a Tornado warning and herded every one to the center of the store. There employees were really great and knew what they were suppost to do. All the customers were commenting on how great the employees were and how at ease they made everyone feel. They kept us informed over there speaker system as to what was gping on.

There was a Tornado touch down, just a short distance from me in a open corn field All are safe, But now have more rain and flood warnings. I live about a mile from the nearest flood area and river. so am OK.

THANK THE LORD HE WAS WATCHING OUT FOR YOU (cause that would make me the oldest on here) LOLLOL cant wait
worry changes nothing prayer changes every thing

Sweet, He He He your funny, but if you want to be the oldest go for it,,,,,,,,, I would love to be in my 20s or 30s again. ROTFL

i have never felt young !! i have always been old in my mind . skeeter says he raised me and the kids all together guess being so much younger than brother and sisster i had the only child syndrom and didnt get to have a childhood and sorry to say my kids were llike that too but the only time i pay any mind to age is if it benifites me like w/ ssa and medicare lollol STILL CANT WAIT TO SEE THAT CASTLE IN SIGHT
worry changes nothing prayer changes every thing

Hi Tuffy

We had a storm yesterday that took out more then 20 electric poles less than a mile from my home. We have been without electricity for over 24 hours, just got it back on a few hours ago. The hail with this storm was marble to golf ball size hail and the south side of our home has storm damage, hubby is going to check the roof and see what it looks like.

I believe we lost most of our garden. The neighbor’s vinyl siding on their home is shredded.

Some say it was straight line winds other say it was a weak tornado.

BK, Sorry to here about the damage. Hope at least part if not all of your garden comes back. Veggies are getting high in the store and not nearly as good as home grown. Do you have any sort of generator to get some temporary power back. When I dairy farmed we had a 40K kilowatt gemerator so we could still milk and feed the cows.
Nothing changes when nothing changes

BK, OMG I am sorry to hear about the storm, and your garden but thank goodness you & hubby are ok and your home .

Tuffy thats wonderful that wally world kept you safe, would you do me a favor? go on line to walmart corporate office, and where they have comments please write to them how good that store was and their # so the store can get some kind of acknowledgement.
Thank you in advance. I just feel we need to thank all the people that make a difference in our lives cause tomorrow you may not be here anymore, and by golly it sure makes them feel good!!!!!

jazziSmile

Oh boy Tuffy....that had to be a thrill of a chill!
I'm glad you and everyone else are ok.
Prayers to all. LillySmile
Injured worker, & tired of it all! I'm too old for games!!

A careless word may kindle strife, a cruel word may wreck a life, a timely word may level stress, and a loving word may heal and bless!

Hi CD

Yes, we have a generator. Remember the big ice storm in Kansas a few year back? After that storm we purchased a generator, we were without power for 9 days then. The electricty is back on but goes in and out so I may not be on the computer much.

All the animals made it through the storm okay, I was a little worried about the pigs and horses.

Bummer Knees Wrote:Hi CD

Yes, we have a generator. Remember the big ice storm in Kansas a few year back? After that storm we purchased a generator, we were without power for 9 days then. The electricty is back on but goes in and out so I may not be on the computer much.

All the animals made it through the storm okay, I was a little worried about the pigs and horses.

It may sound kinda dumb but, WHICH ONE??? Shy
There seems to be so much bad weather they are hard to keep track of anymore. Smile
Nothing changes when nothing changes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tornado issues fatboy 4 5,223 10-14-2014, 09:43 PM
Last Post: jayne
  Tornado's, t-storms and the ice age. bronco54501 10 6,750 04-25-2013, 10:36 AM
Last Post: bronco54501
  Never Drive Through A Tornado ace25 2 4,489 04-20-2010, 05:34 PM
Last Post: inpainokla
  Sometimes unusual things touch my tingles. Hope this touches you and your love's... Wink 5 3,590 09-07-2009, 09:31 AM
Last Post: capricorn
  Been off line due to Friday's tornado Bummer Knees 10 8,246 05-12-2009, 01:49 PM
Last Post: vickinat
  Tornado watch & warnings Bummer Knees 23 11,749 04-28-2009, 07:24 PM
Last Post: UndercovrAngel
  Tornado sparkey 18 7,821 07-29-2008, 09:33 AM
Last Post: capricorn
  tornado halftrak 22 7,048 05-27-2008, 09:55 AM
Last Post: jayne
  This will touch your heart in a very good way bethsha211 4 2,856 12-19-2007, 11:07 AM
Last Post: punk