Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am confused as normal
I am wondering why everything takes so long??? In this whole waiting process it is just making my issues get worse.
Why when I had my ime on Jan 7th and that doctor put me on 1 hand duty have I heard nothing from work comp but them wanting to settle for 2,000. Well hello.... i can't even work and haven't been able to since my IME. Of course the surgeon that orginally did my surgeries put me at MMI and gave me a 0% rating. Shouldnt comp be paying me paymts since I can't work??
My attorney filed a petition on may 21st which I don't really even understand. It says my employer has 20 days to respond and so far i still haven't heard anything.
Is this petition for a hearing or what??? I don't even know.......can anyone else enlighten me on this whole process???
Thanks so much!!!!

im not sure risingeagle but mybe hes pushing them to get on the wc people.my lawyer did that a couple of times before he started sending wc letters tring to get them to pay .good luck any how wish you well i hope it all works out for you soon.
Each day is not a rite,it's a given.

I'm not Versed in Iowa Laws, but if a Petition was Filed, with a 20 Day Notice, it seems that if they don't Reply You May end up with a Hearing before a w/c Judge. This System is Designed for the Employer, and they will Use every last Nerve You have Hoping You will give Up and go Away! Hang Tough My Friend, and keep in Close Contact with Your Attorney!! If You were put at MMI with a Zero Rating, if I'm not Mistaken Your Monies Stop, unless Your Attorney files a Petition to Re-Instate and has Medical Evidence that You are not fully Healed. My Very Best to You, I Hope things Start Moving Quick!!Wink

Still..................so if i go against the IME doctors order of 1 hand duty will that be a bad thing???? Right now I cannot make it any longer with no income. We am staying with my daughter and desperately need to find our own place.
The employers make it so we lose everything we had and i see why people just give up. Sometimes they give you no choice.

Sorry to Say, but if they catch You Working Above Your Restrictions, they can Close Your Case. It's a Shame how We have to Live within this System, Believe Me, I feel for You!!Wink

Risingeagle222, as you have stated, that the IME gives you a restriction of 1 hand usage, and puts you at MMI. Also, your treating doctor puts you at MMI, with a rating of 0%. If you are no longer being treated by any doctor for your injury, then these doctor's feel your as good as it's going to get. Nowhere did they state you can not work. It sounds like all that is left is Voc Rehab (job retraining), a settlement, or you obtain work within your doctor's restrictions, which I see you didn't list. You only listed the IME statement.

You do need to sit down with your attorney and talk your issues and concerns out.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

oops im sorry bad boy if i stated that wrong. The IME doctor did not put me at MMI the surgeon that did the surgeries did. The IME doctor said the surgeries I had done did not work and that I needed further treatment. The IME doctor gave me a statement saying I could not work with right hand and arm this way that I would need to work 1 hand job.
work comp payed for IME I had done but guess they don't care about the results.

risingeagle- have you looked for work within your restrictions. If not that is something they are going to want you to do. Keep a list of all places, who talked to and out come of application, if get interview and are able to do job within restrictions then your lawyer can file to get difference between what you were making and what you are earning.
May God send his angels to hold you in his arms

Risingeagle222, it was my mistake, I just re-read the IME part. I'm sorry.

I see the IME then, is more in your favor then your treating Doctor. As we may know, from time to time, the IC will use what ever doctor is in their favor. It might be wise to perform a couple of things now.

1. Pay for a computer operated FCE test;
2. Pay for a second opinion of your own;
3. Look for work, and apply for work, just to show you tried;

As for 1 & 2 you most likely will have to pay for, sometimes the Attorney can help with that. I do think in my opinion, the 3 things will do you some justice, as long as you have it on record.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Bad boy what is a computer operated FCE test???? And if I was going to go for yet another opinion I would chose the IME doctor who I trust totally!!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MRI says normal but its a lie, xray shows not normal racer17 2 1,772 06-24-2017, 08:41 PM
Last Post: tbear6410
Rolleyes normal calculating methods when two different % are given kevin5960 5 2,692 02-03-2016, 09:56 PM
Last Post: 1171
  A little shaken, don't know if this is normal. Nabby 5 4,571 07-23-2013, 05:18 PM
Last Post: 1171
Smile Tips and tricks to do normal things while in pain.. PainandSmiles 26 14,118 05-07-2012, 02:23 PM
Last Post: lucky
  is it normal orange 17 9,655 08-27-2010, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Manley2
  I recieved a larger than normal check? simplyshane 4 5,244 04-19-2010, 02:48 PM
Last Post: ace25
  Attorney, normal procedure? Moving Slow 5 4,315 01-06-2010, 06:35 PM
Last Post: Moving Slow
  Beyond the scope of normal household duties bagpussinamerica 6 6,363 11-08-2009, 01:22 PM
Last Post: mpenny
Exclamation Ouch! Is this normal? TiredOfHurting09 32 14,885 08-28-2009, 01:10 PM
Last Post: TiredOfHurting09
  Too Long or The Normal Time Stumpy 13 8,605 05-28-2009, 10:03 AM
Last Post: Lilly