Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
medicaid
Question 
can anyone tell me how hard it is to get medicaid?i talked to them and they took all the info but i still have not heard anything its been about a month or more.what are there reasons for denial if they do?i need insurance soon.the ss office called the other day and was not very nice they asked why my lawyer filed the second time and not me.i did not call the i had the lawyer handle it.i dont know why she was so crappy why would they care if my lawyer filed it and not me other than maybe i might have a better chance of getting it this time.i hope so.thx all for any info you have.
Each day is not a rite,it's a given.

medicaid takes about a month to give answer. They send for all your medical records and if one doctor takes there sweet time then it takes longer. As long as you have a child under 17 it is usually granted, but you can only have 2,000.00 or less in the bank.
May God send his angels to hold you in his arms

The Aide help in your State of Indiana is a tricky one. I heard from many it isn't all that easy to get. In my opinion, if you went to the Office, and sat around, you might be able to talk with some of those people there getting the benefit. They might help lead you in a good direction.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

well in screwed i have some money in the bank,and now my fine state is getting lazier.you have to do it ur self on line.so i did heard nothing.then i call and still nothing. this is as bad or worse than comp.i have no ins and wont some what the he** im not asking for a winning lotto ticket.they did tell me that my 8 month might get it.if she does do i need to keep the ins i got for her??i plan on it and does medicade pick up what her ins wont?i have no clue on this crap.just getting fed up you pay ur taxs and everything else they want but dont ask us for help when you need it.
Each day is not a rite,it's a given.

Even though Medicaid is a Federal program it is goverened by each State, ( Something like WC) Your little one would qualify for help, if you do not have medical insurance on her, Your state may not grant you medical because you have a WC claim filed. Are you receiving WC benifits at this time? There are many reasons why you would be denied ade. I would think you would be hearing from them soon , Here in Il it takes about 30 days. Good luck.

Hi hurt... every state is different in terms of what you can own and have in the bank. For instance, our state says you can only have less than $2,500.00 in assets to qualify for medicaid. This includes your auto, bank money, equity in a home, etc. However, if you owe more than you have then you do not have $2,500.00 in assets..an example...

House Equity $5,000.00
Bank $1,500.00
Insurance policy value... 500.00
Auto...............$1,500.00
This says that you have $8,500.00 in assets... then lets say this is off set by your debt.

House Debt....$34,000.00
Credit card debt... $5,000.00
auto Debt $1,000.00
Totals................$40,000.00 This amount is subtracted from our assets and this would mean that you are worth in terms of medicaid in NJ ..... Minus $31,500.00

Then in NJ you would mostly qualify...however, it will be determined what your earning amount is. This is where you doctor comes in..or their doctor. If they say you can answer a phone in an organization and the going wage for a job such as this is $15,000...then $15,000.00 will be deducted from minus $31,500.00 also...this leaves you with a total of minus $16,500.00...so you still own less than $2,500.00 so then you should quailify. I hope this helps. I use to fill out the medicaid applications with families on behalf of their elderly parent who is being admited to long term care. Red
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.

http://www.charity-charities.org/index.htm
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  medicaid question halftrak 7 4,438 07-22-2008, 11:21 AM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy