Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BAR-B-QUE SEASON IS HERE,WHAT'S ON THE MENU
MMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmGOOODDD

You are all making me Hungry!
Hubby & I we BBQ everything we can for as long as the weather will let us. It is the only way to go. If it will fit on the BBQ that is where we put it. Have already had the chicken with the can of beer just as Bad Boy talked about..it is so good and juicy. Chicken soaked is some good ole wine and rosemary. Hambugers were the first thing on the grill. Deer and Elk also. I don't eat the deer but all of the family do. But I do like a good ole elk steak. But nothing better then a good ole beef steak after it has been marinade for awhile...and a good ole fresh salad. The only problem is we are still having to buy the nasty tomatos. I sure can't wait to have a garden fresh tomato. Now that will make the whole dinner complete. Okay enough about food I'm starving now....lol So whats for dinner everyone.

Mmmmmmmm... bambi's good,never had elk though, don't have to any of them in Ga. but we do make up for that short fall with having a b-b-q stand in almost every city i can think of down this way,and i mean the good stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!btw, spring,already got tomatoes and squash,if i could i would send you some,but you know how it is,beings that their so fragile and all,i just couldn't risk it!!!! lol !!!!!! hope everybody enjoyed their holiday weekend as much as possible!!!!!! oh yeh i almost forgot, pork? beef? or chicken?....chopped or sliced?... you want slaw and brunswick stew with that?????????

Truckster...WHAT DID YOU SAY!!!! DID YOU SAY....WHAT I THINK YOU SAID....You have FRESH TOMATOS....that just isn't fair. I want some so bad. We won't have any here for atleast another month. Darn it. Guess I will just have to wait but I will sure enjoy that first one. What just amazes me is that the store wants to charge me $1.39 a pound for a plasic nasty tasting tomato..no bigger then a golf ball....lol. Have you ever had fried green tomatos HHHHmmmmmgood. I can't wait for some of those to. Okay enough about food...Hope you have a good weekend. By the way...we are going to BBQ some good ole steaks tomorrow night. Have some family coming over. See Ya.

THAT'S RIGHT, MATER SANDWICHES, FRIED GREEN TOMATOES,BLT'S...OH AND TRY THIS...SLICED TOMATOE,PUT A SLICE OF FRESH MOZERELLA CHEESE ON IT WITH A FRESH LEAVE OF BASIL AND A LITTLE OLIVE AND BAKE IT JUST LONG ENOUGH TO BARLY MELT THE CHEESE AND WILT THE BASIL...HAVE THAT WITH YOUR FAVORITE MAIN DISH....Mmmmmmmmm IT EVEN WORKS WELL NOT BAKING IT IF YOU DON'T WANT TO HEAT UP THE KITCHEN IN THE SUMMER TIME AND HAVE A COOL SIDE INSTEAD OF A SALAD...AND STUFFED WITH SOME CHICKEN OR TUNA SALAD FOR LUNCH...SORRY TO MAKE YOUR MOUTHS WATER ,BUT.......LOL......SPRING, DO YOU USE FLOUR AND EGG OR AS WE DO,CORN MEAL AND EGG WHEN YOU FRY YOUR TOMATOES...AND SPEAKING OF THAT,OKRA WILL BE HERE SOON. I DID NOT SEE ON YOUR BIO WHERE YOU ARE FROM ,HERE IN GA.IT'S BEEN WARM FOR QUITE A WHILE SO WIFE GOT A FEW THINGS IN THE GROUND AS I AM NO LONGER ABLE, I THINK I HAVE TOUGHT HERE WELL AS BEFORE EVERYTHING SHE TOUCHED SHE KILLED,DOING GREAT SO FAR...BUT THE STATE HAS HAD A SHORT FALL OF RAIN TO THE TUNE OF 11.5 INCHES THIS YEAR SO WE WATER WHEN WE CAN,I'VE GOT THEM NOW BUT I DON'T KNOW HOW LONG THEY WILL LAST,IF I BABY THEM MAYBE TILL AUGUST,THAT IS WHEN IT REACHES UPPER 90'S WITH VERY HIGH HUMIDITYAND PRETTY MUCH BURNS EVERYTHING UP.....P.S. WATCH YOUR COLESTEROL WITH ALL THAT FRYING...LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh yes fried okra and fried squash - my favorites and I gotta use cornmeal. Oh now see what ya'll have done - I am just going to have to find me a good vegie stand that can sell me a nice mess of okra now. I'll be back on here tomorrow with my mouth drouling.

Deb

OH I SEE,A TEXAS GIRL, I'LL BET YA'LL HAVE GOT SOME REALLY GOOD B-B-Q THERE AS WE DO IN GA.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  unpredicted season bronco54501 3 2,690 12-01-2011, 01:15 PM
Last Post: Cervical_Fusion
  Proof of the season Manley2 14 7,232 12-25-2009, 02:04 AM
Last Post: Manley2
  Let's All Be Cautious Of The Unexpected Visitor This Holiday Season!! Still in Limbo 26 13,784 12-08-2009, 10:21 AM
Last Post: capricorn
  Tis The Season Tuffy 9 4,329 12-07-2009, 11:50 AM
Last Post: RNvic
  Please be Careful During This Holiday Shopping Season!! Still in Limbo 8 7,122 11-27-2009, 11:45 AM
Last Post: MJC
Toungue Happy Deer Season Tuffy 3 3,281 10-08-2009, 08:31 PM
Last Post: bronco54501
  Lets Rejoice...tis the season red1030 10 5,641 12-03-2007, 01:41 AM
Last Post: monster
  Tiss the Season (now) Bad Boy Bad Boy 23 7,409 05-26-2007, 11:11 AM
Last Post: Guest