Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hearing coming up.
Sparkey,
This is for rating purposes not for fighting liability of the claim. I say to go prepared with understanding on what is acceptable to you as far as the rating goes.
If you dont understand something ask the judge. like said before he isnt there to give advise but to explain things should be ok. My judge was great and when i went w/o an atty he understood and was helpfull. In the end i got an atty. EVERY CASE IS DIFFERENT. Ask the judge to postpone to find counsel. By getting counsel you will pay in the end in finances but they will look out for youre best intrest. If you are having problems. You wouldnt be the first. As far as the amount of time I had a hearing for other purposes set for 2 hours it only took 30 minutes. GOOD LUCK
Joe

Thank you guys so much. At least that gave me an idea of what kind of information I would need to present and prove. I am going to my doctors next week and asking her to put into a letter about my condititon, meds etc.

They are mostly fighting about my rating and the fact that it is only mild carpal tunnel from the EMG and that I should not need any anti-depressants, pain meds. etc. Carpal tunnel was not my only diagnosis. It was neuropathy and compression of the nerves in the wrist/hand of the median nerve that cannot be operated on. It is a Permanent impairment.
carpal tunnel recurrence/ neuropathy / RSD.
1/29/07 injury date. Permanent. PIR settlement 8/4/08 10%

hi sparkey hope everthing works out for you and i wish you well.kick there butts and bring home a win for the team.
Each day is not a rite,it's a given.

Yes Sparkey ! I agree....go kick their azzes, and WIN WIN WIN !
LillySmile
Injured worker, & tired of it all! I'm too old for games!!

A careless word may kindle strife, a cruel word may wreck a life, a timely word may level stress, and a loving word may heal and bless!

Sparkey..you hae a great attitude about accepting things as they are and it being a gift if you get more. Wishing you all the best and sending prayers up for you.

CAP

Sparkey, I still stand Firm on the Opinion I gave You, but You seem to have Your Mind Made up. Best of Luck to You, if Your Satisfied with the 10% and feel anything else is a Gift, then You are going in with the Attitude that You can't lose, only Gain. My Best to You, I Hope All goes Well with Your Meds. and they continue to allow them. Go Get 'Em!!!Smile

Hi, Sparkey,

Just wanted to wish you good luck for your hearing. I heard on these hearing most judges take the claiment's side openly especially if they are not represented, but it depends on the judge also. I am sure you will go prepared as you seem to understand this system very well, but I would be nervous as I am already nervous about my upcoming hearing next month.

I have hearing coming up trying to include my two little fingers in my claim as IME docs stated triggering are not related to carpal tunnel. As you know, w/c denying all medical treatment since 2006 and I just had other IME's trying to add my neck/shoulders to the claim and also for depression. You said, i/c trying to take away even your anti depressant...is depression included in your claim? Just curious.

Please let us know how your hearing went and give them a good fight.

Kat

Thank you all so much for the words of encouragement. I would have got a lawyer and trust me I am so scared right now that it is not funny. But I am doing my homework and really do not feel I should get myself all worked up when I am fighting for what I believe is a injury I received at work and would personally really like to tell my side myself.

I never wanted to sign the paper for WC, and I was forced to sign it before i went home that day i was in tears and could not move my hand or feel my fingers. I will keep in mind I am doing something that I am doing for us all. Telling the truth , only wanting to be treated this whole time for my injury, loving my job as much as anything I have ever had for a job since i was of working age. I have a doctor telling me alot of things that he has no clue about ( ime ) doc. I just have to prove to them ( ic, judge) that I am not afraid to go in and tell my side of the story. I will keep my cool, say how it is, and get what is due to me. Even if I do not win, I will know that I did the best I could to get my treatment done, and get my full percentage I was entitled to. I already have the Labor board on my side as far as forcing the IC lawyer to call this hearing because of the big difference.

I called my doctors office today that I sent a certified letter to that gave me the 32% rating and will get the reply letter sometime this week. His letter I can almost bet will tell my injury for me and back me up 100%. He was very good to me and really knows how i felt when I could no longer go back to the job I loved for 15yrs. I am putting all my eggs in a basket so to speak and will fill everyone in when this is over.

If I win, it is because of all of you. Your all very wonderful and have helped me so much. I learned by reading this forum nightly and this is all I do now with my time. Read this forum. I enjoy everyone and their posts about what they are going through, been through etc. Please keep me in your evening prayers that I can do this on my own. I feel very confident and it is because of all of you.

Thank you : )
carpal tunnel recurrence/ neuropathy / RSD.
1/29/07 injury date. Permanent. PIR settlement 8/4/08 10%

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  up coming hearing/ dme Sunshine47 0 1,533 10-25-2012, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Sunshine47
  up coming IME grumpyone 15 8,149 09-03-2010, 02:25 PM
Last Post: grumpyone
  SS hearing coming up Manley2 7 6,493 08-22-2010, 10:24 PM
Last Post: shock409
  Industrial Court Hearing Coming Up/MMI? Netta 0 4,058 04-18-2009, 10:28 PM
Last Post: Netta
  Coming to an end? jobo99 6 6,154 11-02-2008, 07:19 PM