Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Something strange happened
Today was a beautiful day and I went to the Western Festival held in our town. My sister had a craft booth setup on the street and I didn't have to do much walking so it worked out well.

After leaving the festival I went to the local Wal Mart store, I always get a shopping cart and place my cane inside the cart as it gives me more support when walking. The strange thing is this lady came up to me in the parking lot and said, "I'd like to take your cart." I told her I needed to use the cart, then the lady followed me into and around the store. (There were plenty of other carts around).

Once is the store I not only saw one of the supervisors from work but the lead teader I reported my injury to. I haven't seen either of them since shortly after my injury in 2005. I just thought it was a bit odd.

That does sound strange. Hope it was just a coinkydink but you might start watching your surroundings a little more closely just in case (not that you're doing anything wrong). Hell will know no fury like mine if someone starts following me. I hate nothing worse than to be called a liar!!!
Please click the link below to help provide food for homeless animals. It's free and only takes a second of your time! Thanks Smile
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

[IMG]http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l298/dominic1964/smokieonbed.jpg[/IMG]

BK- The game they play, there day will come. Don't worry most people that use a cane will use the cart as it helps them to walk easier. Been there done that. My doctor made the kids take me to the store and walk using the cart to learn to walk again after injury 15 years ago. Use to cry after about 15 minutes but it did work. couldn't use the right leg at the time due to pinch nerve. Don't have much trouble with the leg any more, just when I get tired. It will drag. That is part of why I haave such a hard time excepting the damage to my arm. Over came the leg but can get over this dumb arm and loss of use.
May God send his angels to hold you in his arms

Hi Monster

I would like to think that it was just a busy day at Wal Mart and not that someone is paying attention to me, I do stay within my restrictions.

According to my attorney the insurance company is still making sounds that they do not want to pay for this surgery.

Well, surgery is next week, and I have a judge's order saying the surgery will happen.

Guess what bothers me most about this is the lady that wanted to take my shopping cart at Wal Mart
was very assertive about it, she was determined she was going to have my shopping cart.
(Nothing was in the cart but my cane)

That sounds very strange to me Bummer. Maybe a coincidence with the two other employees BUT I think this woman was all about seeing your reaction. JMO.

CAP

I also think "it was a test" to see if you'd just retrieve your cane , hand over the cart, and walk off without using the cane. They try to catch you doing something you say you can't do or do with great difficulty.
I do not think I've evr been followed or watched...but one time when I was putting groceries into my car with one friggin arm, some gal sat a ways off * instead of helping me (as it's a real struggle) she simply watched.
Watch your back BK, LillySmile
Injured worker, & tired of it all! I'm too old for games!!

A careless word may kindle strife, a cruel word may wreck a life, a timely word may level stress, and a loving word may heal and bless!

Thanks Lilly & Cap

I am just very puzzled by this happening.

Bummer >>> I believe anything that happens from the IC makes us uneasy and gives us a feeling of being spied upon and made to look like we're up to no good. I have that feeling every time I have an IME>

CAP

Hi Bummer,
Although being an injured worked can make anybody paranoid, it is a reality that the I/C will do anything to use against your case. Here is a paragragh of just one case I found that used Grocery Store Surveillance to bring an IW's PD rating down to a zero -0-.

We all need to go about life in the best way we can, but most importantly for any injured worked, be careful! Stick to your restrictions.

"Defendants then ordered a surveillance of the claimant's activities. Defendants’
Exhibit A is a videotape report from an investigator of the surveillance on the claimant
on February 6, 7, and 12, 2002. The video from February 6, 2002, is poor in quality.
The video from February 7, 2002, also begins with poor quality but the video of the
claimant at the grocery store is viewable. That video surveillance shows the claimant
getting in and out of her car and the walking into the grocery store with a slight limp and
then helping to unload two or three grocery carts into the trunk of her car. The video of
February 12, 2002, shows the claimant getting out of her car at the Mercy West Medical
Center and using a cane and walking both in and out of the medical center. Later that
same day, she is shown going to a convenience store and filling her car with gasoline
and without using a cane."
Let Go, and Let God......

Bummer... from my end of business...I suspect that the women asking for the chair was a test just as Cap suggested. On the other hand, did the women have mental issues, or was she experiencing Alzhiemers or have other health issues. With alzhiemers, people loose their social skills first and then their memory etc etc etc. If it wasn't a test or illness maybe this women saw you walking at the craft fair (I wish I had been there, what a lot of fun), so decided one of two things that you didn't really need it, or she was a pest making fun or an angry person. I actually do not have a disability sticker for our car due to what people think if they see me when I get out of the car. What they don't see is that walking from my table in Tulsa to my room at the end of the hall which I would say is about 250 feet, was all I could do. I must sit down and rest in between longer walks. I truly dislike the judgement that people have about people who use these parking areas. Here is where I feel like a criminal. As for your co workers being in the store, this too could have been some sort of test or survienllance. However, how would they know that you would go to that store on that day? If this was a surviellance of some sort, your two co workers would not have been the best to do this sort of surviellence because you know them. I hope this was just a coincidence because it would not be strange for them to be in a store shopping and depending on how large your town is then it is a great possibility that you would be there all at the same time at least once in awhile. As the other's have said, always follow your restrictions and all else will be fine. Love Red....we will miss you at the castle...love Red
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Well it finaly happened AQA 27 10,715 10-15-2013, 11:09 AM
Last Post: bodybuilder1958
  Phone interview that never happened bodybuilder1958 2 2,991 01-18-2012, 10:51 PM
Last Post: jayne
  what is your favorite strange sandwich jayne 15 8,310 01-17-2012, 11:54 AM
  On a positive note, name something good that happened to you today monster 11 10,308 05-20-2010, 03:22 PM
Sad well, I guess it's happened "Addiction" Lilly 56 30,760 01-19-2010, 08:49 AM
Last Post: Cycler
Toungue A strange request Tuffy 12 7,292 11-18-2009, 03:50 PM
Last Post: Tuffy
  strange question jayne 15 6,386 06-04-2009, 12:35 PM
Last Post: chrischris
Sad very strange hurt at work 20 8,268 10-13-2008, 10:08 AM
Last Post: red1030
  Strange weather Tuffy 6 3,639 06-07-2008, 03:58 PM
Last Post: red1030
  Now this is very strange! bethsha211 8 3,671 01-30-2008, 03:26 PM
Last Post: bethsha211