Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I "DO" nothing anymore
Sad 
You know I was talking to my sister-in-law, and she was explaining in detail what a bunch of running around they had been doing lately....

Then she asked me.."What have you been up to?"

The phone went dead silent, as I suddenly realized that I don't do anything, and couldn't really report on a darn thing.....so I just said "Same old thing" (which is actually nothing)

Well I fix lunch & dinner, try to clean as best I can, am on the PC for several hrs a day, then bathe and go to bed. We eat out on wed, fri & Sat. I rarely even go outside anymore.
Whoopee...i just exist, it seems

I was depressed all week just thinking about that question. This darn injury took from me, everything and anything that I once found enjoyable...I feel so worthless at times.

What do the rest of you do?
Lilly
Injured worker, & tired of it all! I'm too old for games!!

A careless word may kindle strife, a cruel word may wreck a life, a timely word may level stress, and a loving word may heal and bless!

Lilly I have the farm and garden...I dont do near what we used to nor is the house or farm kept as nice and neat as it used to .....We have our church and family, farm and pool......we dont do much but we are content in an odd sorta way.....
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

I live in Chicago. I wake up in the morning take my first batch of pills have coffee then sit in the recliner and doze off until it's time for the next batch of pills. I am on a time released morphine which combined with the other drugs makes me drousy and my back and tailbone hurts too much from sitting and or standing so I need to lay down for an hour or so. I am on the computer for several hours off and on because I can't sit very long. I try and walk a little if I'm not too drousy or If someone is home and can walk with me. Now it's time for the next batch of pills and more drousy. I start watching a movie and usually fall doze off and miss the end or part of it because the pills make me so sleepy. I don't have a life anymore either. I guess life is what you make of it. Part of it is my fault I need to try to get out more pain or no pain. I just can't do most of the things I use to do. I use to enjoy going to baseball games or theatre but the sitting it too painful. I try and stay as positive as possible under the circumstances. I use to visit mom and dad every day because they lived in my building right upstairs from me but right after my last surgery both of them died last year 3 months apart. I had a rough years with physical and emotional pain but now it's up to me to make my life whatever I want. But Lilly I know exactly what you mean.

I also have a problem sitting my tailbone hurts ...I got a donut type pillow at the med supply store...I quess you could just get a large piece of foam and cut a hole in the middle and cover it...it has been a great boom to me.....
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Lilly,most anyone who has been injured,be it work related or not,will tell you that some portion of their life has been altered.I myself am so tired of answering the question-How are you?.I am not saying it is the person asking,just that I am so tired of talking about myself and explaining my injury.Does anyone else feel this way?But,life is what you make it...

It is so true! nothing is what i do! For the past 14 years i have been with the company, mgmt for 4years, and now this injury has put everything on hold. I am barely capable of doing the necessary household chores, nothing extra, nothing special, just waiting and wondering as if one day i will be free of pain and depression. Is it possible, I think it is, but only by the grace of God. It will happen for me and it will happen for you too. Always keep your head up and look forward to positive change, speak it into your own life. Be blessed!
l5-s1 discectomy with pain in the butt immediately after surgery, 03/26/08 constant pain in leg,and hip, global spinal fusion 10/06/08, now leg and hip pain, butt bone, low back, upper back, pain (state of georgia)

Lilly, I know I haven't been injured as long as most people, but I've found several hobbies since I've been hurt. I make earring with beads. It hardly cost anything and I've probably made over 100 pairs. I gave some out to the nurses at the doctors office and I send them with my husband to give out to people I know. I started making teddy bears out of old clothes and buttons. They are so cute. When I have enough I'll give them to the police officers to keep in their cars. I always kept some handy to give to a child in a tragedy. They aren't perfect, but I hope they will find their way to a needy child one day. I love to read so I have a few good books handy. Police officers in your area would love them if you started making them. I don't use a sewing machine so it takes some time. I live on the computer, but it does get old after a while. I don't know about anyone else but I get bored easily so I have about 6 projects going at any given time. I keep going back to different ones. Lilly, think about the teddy bears. You will feel so good knowing that it will make a child happy.

Copchick I agree the teddy bears are a great item for kids ... when I worked the ambulance we Always gave one to the injured ... since its a scary time and they get comfort from them .. I know of a few kids that still use them for I hear this year later .... I really like the handmade ideas you gave ..Smile

Well I am the same way as most of you will all say. Bored, no energy to do anything anymore etc. If it was not for my work I would be a hermit. I use to do so much with my family/friends. Now I am in so much pain even with the meds. that I just lay down all the time. Depression is a big part.

I have a brand new harley with only 300 miles on it that hubby and I went and got our license for, and now I cannot even drive it because of my hand/arm. He is right now waiting on a few friends to come by and drive for the day on his bike. I am sitting here wondering why my life is so much on hold. I have no energy for the two grandkids that live with me, and feel I am not doing anything with anyone.

I wish I could make dolls, but unfortunatly I cannot even get dressed in the am without pain. I truely understand how an injury can take a toll on someones life. It just seems so hard for anyone to listen, and get the help we need.
carpal tunnel recurrence/ neuropathy / RSD.
1/29/07 injury date. Permanent. PIR settlement 8/4/08 10%

Oh Lilly.....Isn't it hard to sit back and think about what you used to do and what you can do now? I'm in the same boat as you and the others. I do very little. I hurt all the time and when I do clean, cook, do laundry, food shop my pain is worse. I only have a couple of hours a day in me to do anything before I am exhausted. I do try to get out a couple of times a week and take a walk but with the injury to my knee, ankle and back that doesn't always work out for the best for me. There are times I want to go spend an hour with my grandchildren, and I don't becuase I won't want to leave and they won't want me to leave and an hour is all I can handle them. So I just don't go and that makes me cry. I have to stop that and when I get tired just make them sit still for a little and hang out with me. I don't take my pain med unless I'm in agony but it made it possible this week to see hubby in the hospital. The sciatica was so bad I wouldn't have made it without pain meds. Your not alone, hon. We're in this together.

Hugs,
CAP

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why don't people ever comment anymore? wcthaway 5 272 05-31-2019, 09:59 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  i can't afford to be on comp anymore FunPops 16 15,460 05-22-2019, 04:57 PM
Last Post: Bets
  MCO refuses to treat me anymore unless I sign agreement of treatment awolf58 8 5,345 08-15-2012, 03:47 AM
Last Post: awolf58
  Released to work for three years -Now i Just can't anymore Edwin 6 8,278 02-02-2011, 03:36 PM
Last Post: kate
  I just don't know what to do anymore shugarcookie 10 4,323 06-27-2007, 06:32 PM
Last Post: shugarcookie