Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cost of Living, Inflation, Gas prices etc.
If I was able to work these last 9-10 years the union raises have been quite extensive while my benefits have stayed the same.
Why is it that this system is able to raise the cost of WC insurance for the employers but us injured workers get stuck in the rut?
The lawyer for my past employer has been accepting the fact that more surgeries will not benefit me, They accept the fact that I can no longer work, They just want to keep offering more money to make me go away.
They have agreed that non treatment for so long contributed to my situation.
This makes no sense to me.
I do not expect to be compensated for pain and suffering, depression, lack of sleep and all the other fun stuff associated with my injuries but to at least keep up with the economy wouldnt hurt.

Nice thoughtWink! Are you aware that you can get reinbursed for your travel to and from Drs. appts. and to get your meds.? Also, in VA, as long as you are not receiving 80% of your old gross salary...you can get a cost of living increase. It goes up, every November and you have to request it in writing, every year. They ask for a form to be filled out by soc. sec., that states that you do not get Soc. Sec. I have usually recvd. my new pay, within a month after requesting it.

Have a good night.

Here in NH we do not get mileage reimbursement to go get our meds. I only get reimbursed for doctors appts. and therapy. Some states are different.
carpal tunnel recurrence/ neuropathy / RSD.
1/29/07 injury date. Permanent. PIR settlement 8/4/08 10%

Rolleyes
there is no provision for carriers to find past policyholders and bill them for new cost of living increases on their old claims. They fix the cost of insurance and the cost of the benefits at the time both occur -the date of injury and the date they buy the policy.Cool
they might could do colas (cost of living adjustments) if workers comp became more a public welfare system instead of an employer provided benefitSmile
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

I can also say, that even though I do get COLAs, it is not a huge amount. Ive had a 100.00/mo. increase, over the past 4 1/2 years. I guess I should count my blessings, since it seems like this is a state law.

It is understandable, how people who are on W/C for long periods of time, can truly go broke.

I didn't know that you can get a cost of living increase I do get paid for travel going to the doctor but not to pick up my meds. This is interesting and I have a Lawyer right now and he never told me that I could get a cost of living increase. I will ask him about this monday morning. Another problem I am having is I don't get my checks on time right now I have been waiting two weeks for my checks. This really pisses me off becouse now my bills are behind ( not that I had enough to pay them anyway ) but what little I was paying on them I have not been able to do. I had just enough to keep the creditors off my back now I am two weeks and counting behind in my bills. these people don't want to hear just waite until I get my check they want their money now. But CMI don't care if your bills are paid.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cost to workers of 2012 Reforms 1171 5 965 10-18-2019, 11:17 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Cost of total knee replacement Treeburn 10 26,453 01-19-2017, 06:04 PM
Last Post: queenlee
  Future medical cost injured man 2 3,289 02-16-2016, 09:50 AM
Last Post: injured man
  Trial Cost Shadow 4 2,899 11-07-2015, 02:15 AM
Last Post: Shadow
Sad Company negligence cost my index finger bigtruckhank 1 4,678 10-08-2014, 07:56 PM
  Cost of Spinal surgery? martin85 10 17,860 04-30-2011, 05:57 PM
  the cost of being on w/c curley2 2 3,902 11-24-2010, 07:44 PM
Last Post: curley2
  Cost of 2 level spinal fusion in Illinois chicagoHdiscs 2 10,644 11-01-2010, 06:42 AM
Last Post: nursedina
  Cost of Medical Bills vs. Settlement chicagoHdiscs 1 5,731 09-25-2010, 07:38 PM
  AVINZA Time released Morphine Any lower cost substitutes borninabarn 2 10,238 02-18-2009, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy