Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Got the call from the adjuster today!!!
Sadheard from the adjuster today and there sending me back to work with the ristrictions that i am not allowed to use left hand or arm nor my right hand or arm, what will i be doing?Sad

hmmm you cant use left hand or the right one either

I think your employer doesnt want to pay for the time off

just my 2 cents but if employer says they have something for you then go but carry the retrictions with you .... So the dr says that you can go back ???? he is the one who says yes or no and then employer decides if they have something for you to do

wcrazed1975..welcome to the off topic forum... enjoy your self here...on to your question. this is what happens... first the company makes a decision if they have a job for you by weighing the cost ratio to you working for mostly no production versus you not working and the cost of the W/C contract cost. For instance if you go to work, and they pay you your your pay what does that cost in their bottom line but with no true need for you to be there with your restrictions versus if you don't come to work and how much more their W/C insurance will be raised if W/C pays versus you organization. The organization is not looking out for your best interest. If you go to work and are hurt more then what. However, inspite of what I said, if your doctor writes that you can return to work with these restrictioins, do exactly as tweety says. If the doctor does not want you to go to work, then stay home. You health is number 1. For instance, it may not be wise for you to go to work if you have to drive and you are on narcotics of any kind. If this is the case, remind the doctor of your concerns about this. Also often your employee handbook will say that no employes can work while on drugs of any kind. Check this out and bring this handbook with you to the doctor and ask him what his plan is about helping you with your pain while you are at work. Either one of these situations will most likely help the doc to determine that you should not go to work just yet.... good luck... keep up the questions and you will continue to get some help and quidance from where we have all been to where you are now... Red
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.

Good morning!

Do as red & tweety says...and believe me, it can't be much of a job??!! If doctor says you can go back with restrictions ....then go , you must, or the WC will cut you off.
Company is playing games and hoping that you will screw up & not return. Watch what you do if/when you do go back as they'll likely be watching you like a hawk, trying to catch you using one of your arms. Also...if you've never heard this statement (about being able to return to work) call the doctor, as company may be trying to force their authority on you. I would not be totally trusting of them, because money is involved.
Take care & good luck. You are in my prayers. LillyWink
Injured worker, & tired of it all! I'm too old for games!!

A careless word may kindle strife, a cruel word may wreck a life, a timely word may level stress, and a loving word may heal and bless!

mmmmmmmmmmmm cant use either arm?how are you gonna drive to get there even getting in a taxi requires use of hands and arms....gonna take your supervisor to the john with you? is he/she gonna wipe your fanny?If you use your arms to even pull your underdrawers down you are going agaisnt your doc and they can use it agaisnt ya....better ask if your spouse can go with you to do these things for ya......Better call or get a lawyer right quick......
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Good ideas and thoughts jayne...love Red
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.

True jayne....that never entered my mind !

Call your treating doctor, and ask exactly those questions. I really doubt if he's willing to send you back to work, driving without arms either! Only the doctor can give you release to return to work....not your adjuster, nor your company.
Maybe the head of your employment's HR will be willing to do your pants, undies and TP duties. Ridiculous.
Lilly
Injured worker, & tired of it all! I'm too old for games!!

A careless word may kindle strife, a cruel word may wreck a life, a timely word may level stress, and a loving word may heal and bless!

Here is where an attorney comes in handy for they know all the laws. However, I know that you can request a change of Primary Doctor which is the first thing the attorney did for me and I was sent to a doctor that she chose for me. Usually company doctors are just that - they are for the company not the injured worker.

By the way Jayne is right - if you can't use either hand or arm not much you can do on your own, i.e. eat, drink, drive, use bathroom, shower, shave, open a door, write, etc.

JMO
Deb

Well when they put me back to light duty at work, I drove 1 hour from my house one handed and on medication. I did not want to mention the medication part as I was afraid they would not provide me with anything for pain but it stated in the PM paperwork that it was against the law to drive on meds.

My work made up a job for me sitting and watching a waiting room for a clinic part of our hospital. Actually it was a half hour further than the hospital I worked at. So a 1 1/2 hour drive. I was to do that for 4 hours a day, 5 days a week. After 2 weeks, bored to tears I gave my notice because I got lucky enough to get a job with my husband to where he could drive me into work and I could also be able to work within my restrictions.

I know many times my work tried to get me to answer phones, which I would of picked it up with my dominant hand of course, so I could not think what they could do, but had to go there when they told me to. They said they would provide me with headphones. They tried everything to get me to go back.

The waiting room job was to sit there and see how long each patient waited before they were called in to see the doctor. If the patient waited longer than 15 mins. i would have to tell the nurse. ZZZZZZZZZZ.lol.

That lasted all but 2 weeks and was very difficult to drive one handed. I also kept the same pay I had when I was injured. What I am getting at is..... they will think of ANYTHING to get you back no matter how boring, etc.
carpal tunnel recurrence/ neuropathy / RSD.
1/29/07 injury date. Permanent. PIR settlement 8/4/08 10%

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  JUST CALL ME GRANDMA Bummer Knees 4 2,729 07-06-2014, 07:31 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  Pressure from the insurance adjuster Bummer Knees 4 3,131 10-27-2012, 05:43 PM
  Darn adjuster bronco54501 1 1,938 04-10-2012, 12:01 PM
Last Post: jayne
  Hitting on the Adjuster. bronco54501 5 3,518 02-18-2011, 01:02 PM
  phone call jayne 5 5,939 01-06-2011, 08:33 PM
Last Post: chrischris
  Just call me 'crispy legs' bodybuilder1958 8 6,905 06-24-2010, 11:36 AM
Last Post: jayne
  Got a call after the MRI bodybuilder1958 3 3,340 02-10-2010, 09:21 AM
Last Post: Lilly
  mail call jayne 21 13,908 01-22-2009, 02:29 AM
Last Post: vickinat
  Got a phone call on the ticket to work program Bummer Knees 8 10,656 10-16-2008, 08:09 PM
Last Post: red1030
  Got a call last night!!! monster 3 2,914 06-23-2008, 02:57 PM
Last Post: monster