Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
adjuster said this when asked...
hey all...so i asked my adjuster, who i have emailed in the past, and have always had a good repore(sp?) with...also she has approved every single surgery, procedure, medication, etc, etc,,,

i asked her about my payments...and what i can expect, as i am an amputee following a car accident on the job delivering pizza...a long road over the last two years resulted in the amputation...anyway...here is the exchange...i am having some trouble figuring out what she is saying...anyone help? and does this sound about right to you?

"Good morning (xxx)-

Hello! I have a quick question...and I thought I would just go straight to the top to ask...do you know when the scheduled payments would start for the loss of my leg? I am just curious...at the moment I really do not know the process well. I have been researching a lot on the internet and asking questions in workers comp forums, and have found out quite a bit of information about Arizona and my situation, but some aspects still seem confusing right now, and will until I get some professional help. I appreciate it!"

Her response-

Hi Brian, I am trying to catch up on my e-mails but wanted to respond to you as soon as I saw this. Once you become stationary from your doctor which I assume will be soon. Once I receive the written report I will have to review it and determine if it will fall under the scheduled or unscheduled disability. Depending on which one it is it will either be rated out by me or by the industrial commission of AZ. If it is rated out by me, payments will start once I have calculated it. Otherwise the ICA will do a loss of earnings for your claim and this will all be done by mail. This will take at least 45 days after I submit the paperwork to the ICA.

I am going to have to do a little extra for your claim because due to your multiple injuries your case was going to be a loss of earnings. Now, with the amputation, it may become a scheduled disability. "

blove1973,
Welcome to the forum and a group of very wonderful people. If you do not have a lawyer it is time to contact a couple and visit with them. Make sure they are workmans comp lawyers. There is no cost for the first consult and make sure you ask questions. Then figure out who will be the best for you. Your lawyer will deal with adjuster and you will then go though the lawyer and not have to deal with them. Most adjusters are not your friend so watch what you say.
May God send his angels to hold you in his arms

I agree...lawyer-up.
This is a loss of a main limb we're talking about....you'll need future medical...when prosthesis wears out or needs work...or you simply need medical for it. I would not go through the WC process alone...not without the help of a WC lawyer who knows what is fact & what is BS from the IC. In my mind , you'll need him to get the proper settlement amount in the end. If you're not receiving weekly payments at this time...IC is screwing you over!
Prayers for you...LillySmile
Injured worker, & tired of it all! I'm too old for games!!

A careless word may kindle strife, a cruel word may wreck a life, a timely word may level stress, and a loving word may heal and bless!

Lawyer up dude. You might be missing benefits due you that only a skilled lawyer knows about.

I wonder do they go to a special school to learn how to double talk?must be the same short bus school polititions use......
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

please do NOT trust any adjuster ,i learned what double talking people these are.. kill them with love too, bur remember you can direct this because the LAWS indicate they have to ask permission to speak to you from your attorney...... for the last 2 years, i saw right through mine, who actually comes to some of my doctors visits post surgery and ask for and received FREE samples for her husband.... trust me, they are @#$(_()...!

slapshot53 Wrote:please do NOT trust any adjuster ,i learned what double talking people these are.. kill them with love too, bur remember you can direct this because the LAWS indicate they have to ask permission to speak to you from your attorney...... for the last 2 years, i saw right through mine, who actually comes to some of my doctors visits post surgery and ask for and received FREE samples for her husband.... trust me, they are @#$(_()...!

Not all adjusters are "@#$(_()...!", just as all IW are not all fakes. I've been on both sides and seen both good and bad adjusters and good and bad IW's, as well as employers, attorneys, physicians, case managers.

Please don't lump everyone in one category. It's not true and it's not fair.

hey all, thanks for the info...i guess im a litte confused though as to why i would need one. let me explain. i wont be eligible for any benefits other than the scheduled disability one, at least thats what im understanding from my research.

i am back to work and i make 35k. the max in az is 2400 a month, times the 66 percent. i make over the max, so im not in the 'lossed wages' catagory...so...that leaves me the scheduled benefits for az...something like 66k over 50 months for a leg. pretty crappy if you ask me. but still, thats the case. now...here is my concern..that i would have a lawyer, that 66k is all i would get, and that i would owe the lawyer 20 percent or whatever their fee would be. any ideas?

i am already entitled to supportive care for the rest of my life, which includes periodic visits to the doc, to the prosthetic doc, for my meds, etc, etc. that part i know, and the adjuster even told me that. anyway..please advise! if you think i still should get a lawyer, then i will look that way! Smile thanks all!!!

bri

check to see if you have an ombudsman in your area......sometimes to have a lawyer read over the paper and make sure your rights are being covered is a mind help....if your state has an ombudsman they cab do this...
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSHA Frequently Asked COVID Questions 1171 0 1,083 10-07-2020, 12:24 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Adjuster requested IME Innovation79 12 3,773 02-06-2019, 11:41 PM
  Adjuster doesn't communicate with me. Tiberius 2 2,761 11-21-2016, 04:05 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  my adjuster changed my mpn ka107 2 2,429 07-18-2016, 03:04 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Need help in adjuster hell! lilrose 3 3,985 03-29-2016, 12:39 AM
  PQME asked for another test. I live out of state. maizyrose 8 7,138 07-15-2015, 02:42 PM
  Dealing with WC Adjuster and Lawyer/ GA corawilke 2 3,785 09-10-2014, 10:52 PM
Last Post: Scooter123
  workers comp adjuster marcoleman 12 17,921 11-02-2012, 08:29 PM
Last Post: marcoleman
  Adjuster says claim is closed AxedmyAtty 4 6,674 03-05-2012, 10:20 PM
Last Post: AxedmyAtty
  Is it ok to call claims adjuster itzadrianyo 12 22,723 02-21-2012, 01:53 AM
Last Post: Football71