Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kansas Tornados
Last night Kansas had storms producing tornados from Oklahoma to Nebraska and the storms moved accross the state with dozens of tornados reported to law enforcement.

I believe you remember the town of Greensburg, Kansas which was 95% destoryed by an F-5 tornado on May 4th. of last year.
Well a tornado went over the town last night causing some damage, officals are gathering information on the damage but believe it is minor.

This is a town that is in the stages of rebuilding from last years storm.

Emergency workers were also called to Ellis County last night.

Just thought I would post.

thought about you last nite Bummer hope you all werent scared
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Nope, tornados don't scare me. Been up since the storm around 2:00 a.m., coughing & muscle spasms of the neck. Been holding the recliner down.

I think hubby now has this stuff. I and my family need to be well as I have surgery in 3 weeks.

I should of named this thread Kansas Weather!

We have had a night. It started around midnight with storms again streching accross the state. Lots of thunder, lighting, and rain. We had over 4 inches of rain in two hours and it hailed for almost two hours.

About 4:30 my walk-out basement started flooding and I am the only home so I had to move furniture and get my carpet cleaning machine out. I was able to keep on top of things and now have everything cleaned-up.

We are flooded in with no way out with all the roads being closed. My daughter is staying in town with a friend and I called her and told her not to come home until we let her know the roads are clear.

bummer like always we need some of that wet stuff down here sure wish we could share with you its dry in my neck of the woods and looks like you are getting plenty you take care that will put the varments to hunting your dry spots
worry changes nothing prayer changes every thing

we need the rain also....but not the hail
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

We are getting the storm here in southern Il. we are to be under the gun for the next teo days. Thank goodness we sit on a rise as other wise we would have water in the basement. Please say a little prayer that we don't have any trees come down with this storm. Be safe everyone.
May God send his angels to hold you in his arms

Tonight we are under a tornado watch with hail forecasted up to 2 inches in diamater. The surrounding cities are under tundersstorm warning.

I can deal with the wind & hail but I've had enough of the flooding.

bummer

we have had the wind down here where i am at and the humidity is really high - like hitting a wall when you go outside. We had a couple quick showers, but that is about it. Driller and I live in that pocket where we either get the bad storms or we get nothing and they go north to western kansas.

If things don't change soon - we will be under red flag warnings again this week because of no rain.

After I lasted posted we went under a tornado warning with a tornado on the ground not far from my home. OF course with the warning came the rains and more flooding. I was trying to limit the damage to my basement while a tornado was near by.

The tornado didn't stay on the ground long nor did the rain last long.

The weather reports more storms this afternoon.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tornados all around us jayne 10 8,142 06-09-2015, 12:21 AM
Last Post: bronco54501
  Tornados are at it again in Oklahoma this evening Bummer Knees 5 2,990 06-01-2013, 02:19 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  uh ohhh tornados are coming inpainokla 8 5,675 05-11-2010, 09:05 PM
Last Post: red1030
  Tornados on the ground Bummer Knees 2 2,381 06-16-2009, 09:09 AM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  Going to Kansas UndercovrAngel 9 2,700 08-12-2008, 06:43 AM
Last Post: capricorn
  This is not Kansas, is it? chrischris 17 4,181 01-29-2008, 09:51 AM
Last Post: collateraldamage5591