Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The ongoing saga of my hands
I just came from seeing the doctor. Most of you know that I had an impairment rating already on right hand.I went in today because my right hand has decided to shoot pins and needles ALL of the time now.But there is more...Because my work will not give me a new lazer that works with the new machine and I am using one that reboots constantly,I have been using my normally good hand to hold my machine in that hand.I am now having tingling and pain in that hand also,but what really frightens me is that my entire forearm is numb,has a dead feeling to it.
My doctor has set me up for an emg,ncv for both hands in two weeks.IC is not going to happy about this.Doc thinks I might have carpal tunnel in hand,but possibly ulner nerve problem.I can hear my IA screaming about this one. I wouldn't be surprised if they try to deny it.Will see.I had these tests before and I am not looking forward to them.There not a lot of fun!
I just thought this was the end of WC!
Bethsha

praying all goes well for you
worry changes nothing prayer changes every thing

Thanks Sweet! I have been through enough with hands that this probably won't be much.I told my doctor today that I wouldn't bame him though if he sees me and wants to run!
Smile

Bethsha - sorry to hear things are getting even worse. Will keep you in my prayers and hope you will keep us updated.

Hugs,
monster
Please click the link below to help provide food for homeless animals. It's free and only takes a second of your time! Thanks Smile
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

[IMG]http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l298/dominic1964/smokieonbed.jpg[/IMG]

Thanks Monster, I am doing ok.I just am not wanting to deal with IC again.A couple of months ago I told the NCM that the doctor thought I might have carpal tunnel in other hand and she said that the IC would most likely deny it,so I am expecting something like that to happen.The tests will tell me what is going.I am just hoping the numbness in forearm is not having to do with ulner nerve.

Bethsha....sending prayers up.

CAP

My prayers for you too bethsha!
LillySmile
Injured worker, & tired of it all! I'm too old for games!!

A careless word may kindle strife, a cruel word may wreck a life, a timely word may level stress, and a loving word may heal and bless!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  itchy hands bronco54501 10 7,245 01-05-2012, 09:20 AM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  About the hands Bummer Knees 2 2,431 12-14-2011, 08:05 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  Question? Loss of strength in arms & hands Bummer Knees 10 10,722 05-19-2008, 08:19 PM
Last Post: red1030
  Hands chrischris 21 8,119 10-08-2007, 04:21 AM
Last Post: snowbear