Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Update on my Maryland Workers Compensation case
My case after the hearing Both won one and lost. Was one but the commissioner found me to be 87% disabled PPD even though both doctors the lawyers and the insurance company and my doctor and all the others i have seen found me to be totally disabled. What was striking to me was at the closing of my hearing the commissioner turned to me and said i was to young to be disabled. So that told me he already made up his mind before even looking at my medical records that he said he would look at and base his decisions from. I never knew there was a age that you had to be to be disabled. I told my lawyer because the commissioner said that in the court room while i was still on the stand that it was discrimination because i was 39 year old male. I got my SSDI without a lawyer the first time. Like i said my medical records speak for themselves and for him to make a decision based on my ages is discrimination. And my lawyer did nothing but sit there through the complete hearing. He was more pounding me to lie about my shoulder and i would not do it. He wanted me to say that my shoulder injury that happened 11 years ago was causing me a great deal of pain and that is just no true. I told the truth and he seemed pissed at me. This is why the system is so screwed up because you have lawyers who are just as bad as the people who claim to be hurt and lie about it. I had nothing to lie about my back. I had the surgery and it failed and screwed me up even more then i already was. And now they say i would need a 3 level full frontal and back fusion of my lower back with a 30% chance it may releave some of my pain. And the insurance company said in the court room that 30% was better then nothing. And i said 30% was not good enough for me to risk getting worse then i all ready am. I could not handle any more pain or not being abled to walk at all. The insurance company don't care if there is a slim chance that something will make you better they want you to try it even if the chance of you getting worse is greater then the chance of getter better. It's all about money to them. We are just case numbers not people anymore. So now i fired my lawyer who did nothing through the hole case and screwed more up then anything. And now in an appeal for TPD. The thing that i learned is stay involved with your case because lawyers makes mistakes that can cost you everything. My truck was reposed and i almost lost my house because the insurance company played there games and stopped payments for a month and they started them back up with out any notice what so ever. And then turn around and say they never missed any payments. But thank god for me keeping all my paper work that i requested a stop payment form because i had to send it to SSDI. The Laws in Maryland and most likely in many states need to be changed to protect the employee's from insurance companies getting away with not following the laws and lawyers and judges for the same!

I to am in Maryland and can't believe how much the Ins comp gets away with.
I have had treatments stopped -- ooops sorry it was a mistake
perscriptions stopped--- ooops sorry record error
tests refused-ooops somone went on vacation
checks stopped- ooops don't know why we will start them right away
a month later still no check --ooops no one recorded problem we wil take
care or it right away. Three months later a check comes for one week
Went 4 months with no money dont know why
ct ordered to have surgery - oops the insurance comp is refusing authorization yet they did
not appeal decision.
And on top of this all this time I have had a lawyer.
It's plain to see the case managers are trained to pass the buck. What can we do---nothing
and they know it. I can se them sitting around and comparing cases as to which one made an injured worker upset the most and which lies to tell us that work to get us off the phone.
I bet they get weekly bonuses for whoever did the best in mistreating us.
The truth is no one is going to help us each case is a crap shoot.
Good luck to you
"Laughter is the tonic, the relief, the surcease for pain"

the process that allows citizens to correct bad laws and get rid of those that don't enforce the laws you like is thru voting regularly in all elections.
Please take the opportunity to do so this November.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

queenbee Wrote:I to am in Maryland and can't believe how much the Ins comp gets away with.
I have had treatments stopped -- ooops sorry it was a mistake
perscriptions stopped--- ooops sorry record error
tests refused-ooops somone went on vacation
checks stopped- ooops don't know why we will start them right away
a month later still no check --ooops no one recorded problem we wil take
care or it right away. Three months later a check comes for one week
Went 4 months with no money dont know why
ct ordered to have surgery - oops the insurance comp is refusing authorization yet they did
not appeal decision.
And on top of this all this time I have had a lawyer.
It's plain to see the case managers are trained to pass the buck. What can we do---nothing
and they know it. I can se them sitting around and comparing cases as to which one made an injured worker upset the most and which lies to tell us that work to get us off the phone.
I bet they get weekly bonuses for whoever did the best in mistreating us.
The truth is no one is going to help us each case is a crap shoot.
Good luck to you

You are so right. And they when we tell are lawyers about it they are like what do you want me to do about it. My answer is YOUR DAMN JOB! Thats why i fired my lawyer and he blamed everyone but his self and tried everything to get me to keep him on the case. There all the same and in fact i bet the lawyers and insurance companies are in bed together.

I called my lawyer one time and he was like why are you so mad. Duh maybe i about to lose every damn thing i own because you people could care less what happens to us as long as your pockets get filled thats all that matters to them. To us injured workers what matters to us is paying are bills so we keep a roof over are families head. It just makes me sick and if not for my kids and my wife i would not be here today because i just could not handle all this without there support. I was forced into the operation that i did not want. And i was right about it. Now i am disabled because of it. After my surgery failed and i slowly began to get worse thats when the games began with the insurance company.

PMA INSURANCE GROUP is the idiots i deal with and PMI is a medical mail order for workers compensation. They was late 6 days with my medication and did not even have the nerve to let me know about it. Then when they delivered my pain medication they would leave OXYCONTIN on my front porch. My 8 year old would bring it in the house after they got home from school saying dad your medicine was on the front porch. How nice is that. Now that would have been real nice if a kid opened it up and toke the medicating. I was so pissed when i called them. And there response was we are so sorry. Sorry does not cut it. Someone could have O.D. because of there irresponsibility! WCC destroys honest workers life's every day and nothing is said about it in the main stream media. Like i said we are now just a case number and thats it.

1171 Wrote:the process that allows citizens to correct bad laws and get rid of those that don't enforce the laws you like is thru voting regularly in all elections.
Please take the opportunity to do so this November.

I have read posts from poor souls who have been suffering with workers comp for over 10 years, this problem will not be solved in our lifetime. I voted in all elections for the past 35 years but I will be long gone before our goverment solves this problem.
Just my opinion and I hope I am wrong------but i don't think so.
"Laughter is the tonic, the relief, the surcease for pain"

the only way we will ever fix the problem is to flush the capital building like a giant toilet and start over......
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

jayne Wrote:the only way we will ever fix the problem is to flush the capital building like a giant toilet and start over......

You are so right. You can vote until your 90 and the same laws protecting the employers will still be there and the injured worker will suffer as we do today and i have since 2003. The only way things are going to change is to expose the insurance companies, judges,lawyers to the media of there wrong doings to the injured workers and there families as they do to the people who fake injuries and make life for us true injured workers like hell. Until that happens the laws will stay and the true injured worker will just be a case number as we are now. Notice that even in a election you hear nothing about workers compensation. But you hear about Unemployment. Or you hear how fast can we get the injured worker back to work. Not is this worker going to get better. Like i said in my opening post i never knew there was an age limit or an age you need to be to be disabled as an injured worker. Its a double standered being an injured worker vs any other injury outside of the workplace. You get injured on the job you are held to a higher standered as to being injured or disabled. Injured workers life's are forever changed and no one seems to care about that person but to how fast can he get back to work or how fast can we stop his checks.

AMEN!!!!!!
carpal tunnel recurrence/ neuropathy / RSD.
1/29/07 injury date. Permanent. PIR settlement 8/4/08 10%

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Overpayment workers compensation Ari 13 22,146 08-02-2020, 01:59 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Workers compensation mikefarwell2316@gmail.com 3 1,551 05-29-2020, 03:27 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  maryland-settlement and WCMSA lifetime tammy68 4 1,929 05-06-2020, 06:40 PM
  Maryland Workmens Comp question Acmiller32 4 1,162 12-18-2019, 01:19 PM
  How workers compensation works viprit 1 961 03-13-2019, 10:53 AM
  Advice Anyone?Maryland WC Greybeard11 2 836 03-03-2019, 01:43 AM
  Is this workers compensation fraud? Lostandconfused 7 2,477 12-09-2018, 02:22 AM
Last Post: Lostandconfused
Question Who's Who of Workers Compensation kp121 2 1,246 09-26-2018, 02:02 PM
  Ca Adjuster will not pay Workers Compensation Benefits on Approved Claim. What to do? Billy Miller 4 2,935 02-10-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  workers comp case in California, very difficult OUCH! 8 11,471 02-07-2018, 11:40 PM
Last Post: Billy Miller