Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Employer is pushing me around!!
When I got hurt at work, my HR office told me the docs to go to. The chiropractor I was going to wasn't on their list of docs, but they didn't have a chiropractor on their list. They said they did have one but when I asked for a copy of the list, they admitted there wasn't one on there. Now they are telling me, that I have to call them every day after my appointments, to let them know how my therapy went. Is this right? Do I really have to call them every day? The doc wrote me off for the week and might write me off for next week, I thought that was all they needed to know. Do they have the right to ask me what the doc said, or does that fall under patient and doctor confidentiality?

they are paying for it they have the right to it....
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

I say they can read the report just like you can

Yes they have a right to ask. No you do not have to answer. I would mearly tell them to contact the dr..

You may want to play nice as you may be returning to work on full duty. But I would not give them any info. that I did not want them to know.
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system. 

Here in NH we are given a WC paper when we go to the doctors that the doctor fills out with info and I get a copy, IC gets one, and doctor. I use to have to bring the pink slip to my boss after each visit so that they know how i was doing, and what the doctor was doing for treatment.

The employer has a right to know if the services they are provideing are helping or not. I never had to call everyday after PT/OT, the therapist would fax over the results themselves. I would just get my copy at the appts. I also went and requested my notes from each appt. for record. MY NCM did not even get them before i did.LOL. I aways beat her to it. Then she would get them after me. This way i was always one step ahead of them.
carpal tunnel recurrence/ neuropathy / RSD.
1/29/07 injury date. Permanent. PIR settlement 8/4/08 10%

My first injury I didn't have an attorney the whole time. An NCM was at each of my Dr.s appts. She notified the IC and my employer as to what was going on. WIth this current injury I don't have an NCM (thank God) who attends my appt. I am resposible for supplying a Dr.s note to my employer every 6-8 weeks. Sounds like the original poster's employer has been playing games since day one.

CAP

Being Injured on the job is way different then Personel Medical Issues. Some issues are covered by HIPPA Laws. But the Law allows the employer and their Insurance the right to know information of your work injury medical information. They are paying the Bills and Paying you to sit home and heal, while you visit the Doctor and such. This gives them some legal rights. Some employers do request a injured worker phone in, or even come in after each visit, and allow them to copy the slip the Doctor gave them after each and every visit. Their paying for it, their paying you not to work. What's 5 minutes of your time, just to please them? It's better to please them at this time, then to upset them. They can make things much harder on you if you make them mad, please use caution for now.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

In most states, the laws specifically state that you waive your right to physician-patient confidentiality if you are claiming a work related injury.

On the US Dept of Health & Human Services website in the FAQ's it says this:

Does an individual have a right under the HIPAA Privacy Rule to restrict the protected health information his or her health care provider discloses for workers' compensation purposes?

Individuals do not have a right under the Privacy Rule at 45 CFR 164.522(a) to request that a covered entity restrict a disclosure of protected health information about them for workers’ compensation purposes when that disclosure is required by law or authorized by, and necessary to comply with, a workers’ compensation or similar law. See 45 CFR 164.522(a) and 164.512(a) and (l).

Kate, well done, and yes so very true.
Reply's are intended solely for informational purposes. They are based on personal opinions, experience, or research and are "not to be taken as fact or legal advice", otherwise, always consult an attorney or a doctor.

Thank you for helping me. This is the very first time that I have been injured on the job and I told my employer that I don't know how Worker's Comp works. They seem to be using that to their advantage. It wasn't until I found a doctor that's not in their pocket that would help me and give me the care I needed.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  attorney pushing to settle/threatened to dismiss me (CA) ANS_CA 18 3,893 08-09-2019, 09:37 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  skeptical about my settlement ' the insurance company pushing for a settlement.. alvinf478 3 3,599 09-04-2015, 12:34 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Attorneys seem to be pushing Settlement. Jahlil0712 11 12,179 01-26-2014, 02:13 AM
Last Post: bronco54501
  Settlement? 4% Permanent Disability due to WC pushing out surgery (Florida) WCMessedMeUp 5 33,811 07-30-2013, 03:06 PM
Last Post: WCMessedMeUp
  Should I settle...they are pushing since last summer! FrankenNeck 34 36,666 04-12-2012, 08:13 AM
Last Post: jayc123